Thanks

Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides : New exclusive Concept Art

A New exclusive Concept Art selection from Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides : Link

Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides : New exclusive Concept Art

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I want to feel excited about the movie, but I don't see how they will offer anything that we haven't already seen in the first three. I think they are simply milking it now. After fighting big monsters, some undead-ish people and immortal octopus beard-man the new enemy is an ordinary guy? That's like making a sequel to the Lord of the Rings where the main villain is some ordinary orc captain. But that's Disney, so it doesn't need to make sense. As for the concept art itself, I like the six guns, cool idea.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I really hope it doesn't tank. I didn't like the second two, and am hoping they will be bringing something better two the table by getting rid of Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vari View Post
    I want to feel excited about the movie, but I don't see how they will offer anything that we haven't already seen in the first three. I think they are simply milking it now.
    From the trailer: "Jack Sparrow!" "I believe there should be a 'captain' in there somewhere."

If that's not milking it, then perhaps they will throw in a 'why is the rum gone' joke! Cool concept art but I'm so sick of this series.
    My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to manlybrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I enjoyed all three of them, other than the ending of the third, and am looking forward to the next one. Thanks for sharing the art, eightgr.

Thanks
    Well this movie is based on the novel, On Stranger Tides. I've never read it, but a lot of people seem really excited about this one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Stranger_Tides

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 686 Posts
    There's no Johnny Depp in Prince ass-less chaps in that link!

lol
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    indifferent towards this one. I quite liked the last one. I think 3 was an improvement on both 1 and 2, but I don't know what they have left to show... mermaids and blackbeard don't seem that exciting in comparison.

Thanks
    Hey guys, my name is Travis and I work with Disney. Thanks for posting the artwork above. It's great to hear that some of you are excited about the new Pirates film. If you want to see a few clips from the upcoming film, I'd recommend heading over to Yahoo! Movies. They have a ton of clips, and it's definitely worth a look.

Thanks
    Ooh, awesome, concept art! I love concept art for films.. The Pirates movie seems like it will be great! I will be watching it!

Thanks for link to the clips, Travis!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyau View Post
    Ooh, awesome, concept art! I love concept art for films.. The Pirates movie seems like it will be great! I will be watching it!

Thanks for link to the clips, Travis!
    You are very welcome. Be sure to let me know what you think of the film after you see it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    maybe this one has more focus on the characters rather than how big a daft the monsters can get?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rist View Post
    maybe this one has more focus on the characters rather than how big a daft the monsters can get?
    The focus is on a journey to the Fountain of Youth.

Thanks
    Definitely more focus on the characters. I'd say it's similar in feeling to the second movie. New adventure begins, but the characters are comfortable with each other.

I enjoyed it immensely.

Thanks
    reviews about the movie guys? I havent watch it yet, but im planning to. How was the movie compared to the other 3 PoC?

Thanks
    I still need to watch this movie but I am very excited for it. I adore the first three movies, very funny and Depp just makes the whole thing worthwhile.