United Kingdom - Page 351
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 351 of 351 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351
Results 10,501 to 10,513 of 10513

Thread: United Kingdom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys if anyone still lives in the UK I'm going to be drawing the statues in The Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool tomorrow, aka, the 7th. I would have given more warning, but I only just decided to go. If anyone wants to meet me there or try meeting up in the future I thought it might be a good place to start? Over and Out!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, long time. I thought I'd resurrect this thread with a plug for a friend of mine, Rebecca Molloy, who has a show this weekend in London. She does figurative work which I find really impressive. Here's a link to some of her work and the details on the show:

http://www.rebeccamolloy.com/paintings.php

I would like to invite you to the Private View of my solo show on January 18th, 7-9pm at the cueB Gallery, Brockley, London.

At the beginning of February 2012, I embarked on a project to explore the role of the body within my paintings. The show, entitled ‘Three’, is centred around the interaction of three life models and invites you to look at the female form in a new light. No longer do we gaze at the figure from a far, instead these paintings draw you into observing the weight of arms in relation to another, the bodies stretching, moving and being still. The complexities and subtleties of the human form are displayed all at once. The outcome is that the paintings have a life of their own, so that they become a vivid and altered version of the original imagery.

The show runs until the 17th February.

NOTES

The Artist
    Rebecca Molloy graduated from Coventry University in 2008 with a first class hons in Fine Art. Rebecca currently lives and works in South East London and has exhibited widely in exhibitions and art fairs across the UK, including selected exhibitions such as The Lynn Painter-Stainer’s Prize, ArtHaus, Royal Society of British Artists and The Other Art Fair. Rebecca is also the founder of the art group Repre.

The Gallery
    The cueB gallery is located in Brockley, South East
    London. Brockley has a vibrant art scene, with its close proximity to a number of influential
    institutions. The aim of the gallery is to show good quality, exciting and stimulating work of local,
    national and international artists and to provide the artist with wider exposure beyond the mainstream gallery context.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I was just curious as to whether there are any uk meet-ups arranged? or alternatively, I am fairly close to Manchester/Birmingham if there are any locals on here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not that I know of, there's a Facebook group but it has been equally quiet: http://www.facebook.com/groups/31947752960/
    I do believe that some of the London users get together on some sort of regular basis on Fridays after life drawing.

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Bump for the UK peeps from the workshop to see.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not that I know of, there's a Facebook group but it has been equally quiet: http://www.facebook.com/groups/31947752960/
    I do believe that some of the London users get together on some sort of regular basis on Fridays after life drawing.
    Where and when does this happen?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just so you know....

For all the London based artists, I'm trying of get a drink and draw/sketch group going off the back of the London workshop. I've joined a thread over here and I'm hopeful people will migrate over to show their interest. London town needs a strong illustration/concept art community.

http://forums.conceptart.org/showthr...t=21936&page=2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just so you know....

For all the London based artists, I'm trying of get a drink and draw/sketch group going off the back of the London workshop. I've joined a thread over here and I'm hopeful people will migrate over to show their interest. London town needs a strong illustration/concept art community.

http://forums.conceptart.org/showthr...t=21936&page=2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there,

Anyone up for a Manchester meet up for some sketching and general art discussion? Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there,

I'm just posting to plug the life drawing sessions I'm running in London. I started running something myself as I'd get regular practice and open it up for others to participate in my local(ish) area, too. A couple of people from the concept art community are group members, and it would be great to gather a few more if possible!

Please have a look at the meetup.com group through which I manage the info about upcoming sessions and RSVPs:

www.meetup.com/draw-at-nw-london

I've posted some of the drawings I've made at these sessions on my emeralds0ng.deviantart.com

Only restriction is that participants should be 16 or over. There is a cost of 10 per session but some materials are free. We have a break for tea, coffee, a biscuit if you like and to get to know each other a bit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all
    I cant believe that in a huge city like London there is so little community for concept / fantasy artists. Especially training facilities. We are far behind the US and Asia.

I am, like Emmeline above, trying to get people together through a meetup group.
    Here is mine. http://www.meetup.com/Sketchup/

We are starting with a few life drawing sessions based in a circus training school which my partner runs. Our life drawing classes will be clothed, in fact costumes, which I believe is more useful for a concept artist. Anyhow, I plan to get quite a few collaborative projects up and running which should help people's portfolios and prove as well that we are able to work in a team.
    If you'd like to get involved then please join, and all ideas are welcome

Members who have read this thread: 25