United Kingdom - Page 212
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 212 of 351 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 262 312 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,360 of 10513

Thread: United Kingdom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and i attempted like a million times also, and its too late to change the date now but hopefully many people can still come even if it is just the evening

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver
    Guys, I started organising this AGES ago - if you wanted a different date then you should've said so earlier. Feel free to organise a weekend meet amongst yourself - I'm just trying to arrange a time which is convenient for those who have to travel.
    tell em like it is! except it takes me 20mns to get there...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ill be there after six or so. weeks during the day I am also working, but thats a given. it can be a late eve though cause its gooood friday the day after...yes? Im not gettin that wrong am I?

"Go on man, FEED THE PAPER!!!" - Bjorn Hurri
    ------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog (actually updated!)
    My Website
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    errr dude. easter 2007 is mankeymankeymankeymankeymankey the 8th (this weekend.....)

Dr CM Wong
    Director
    Opus Artz - Digital Art For The Entertaintment Industry

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah. good point. and the meet is next week. I can do this. honest.

"Go on man, FEED THE PAPER!!!" - Bjorn Hurri
    ------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog (actually updated!)
    My Website
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol ^_^

Aaaaaaaaand shite, I have an interview the next day ;_; So I'll either have to leave on the night or bring my portfolio etc. with me...

tell em like it is! except it takes me 20mns to get there...
    me, 2 hours; Fran, 3ish hours; God knows how many hours for Jon (10 there and back?) You get the deal. Don't forget expenses too...and yet, Fran and I always manage to make these meets and are far less petty.

Last edited by Quicksilver; April 3rd, 2007 at 05:16 AM.
    Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmospheria
    Hey! Thanks for the warm welcome. Well, yea, visiting a museum or gallery to draw would be easier but i'm looking for actual models to draw.
    Thanks for the link molly, i'll check that out.
    About meetings, that would be ok for me if you guys meet up at the weekends. Work days are not suitable for me. So any weekend after 16 mankeymankeymankeymankeymankey is ok for me.
    Cheers,

http://www.lavenderhillstudios.com/index.php

great sketch club with models on a tuesday i hear.

Let me know if you go..I'll be going along myself soon.

Spud

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i read that as far less pretty

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fellas, Naomi has made it plain and clear about the day, why pipe up now?

A weekend meet would be cool. Tho, I'd prefer NOT to go to a gallery or museum on the weekend cause of the tourist turn out.
    If you guys wana meet on a sunday, then I'm up for that too

Righto. As for the meet. I'll be out front of the National Gallery at 11am. You so cant miss the entrance. Its slap bang, head of the Trafalgar Square table. we can wonder about, do some sketches and then go get some lunch.

I think Steph Leberis will be joining us, so we need to be our usual, loverly engrish selves; and also, think of some places we should take Steph in London....

Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Will anyone be around on the following Friday? (the 13th ooooh hehe) ill be around until about 6:30 i think

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well lookee here at you lot! I started writing a reply a week or so ago, and I think you've clocked up a couple pages since then, which puts the thread right back at about the peak turnover we used to get - I wonder if I still have the most posts.. anyway, I did my back in yesterday, so couldn't get out of bed to go to the studio today.

Atmospheria - wow, you're there now? I remember meeting you in Amsterdam actually, though I didn't have a clue who anyone was back then. In terms of places to draw, it depends where you're living. The one a few of us used to go to is at Candid Arts on a Monday night in Islington - it's zone 1, so easy to get to if you're in the West End. What are you doing in London, btw? Working in Soho?

School is going well, though pretty well everyone feels crushed by the workload. I don't know when we'll get round to finally posting stuff, but it'll be weird to see what people think cause I bet we're not quite doing what people expect us to be doing anyhow. We've definitely moved on a lot, though weirdly it's not always worked out how you think. I've ended up doing better in tech stuff than anything else, which isn't what I expected at all.

Um, so anyway, miss you lot and would love to see you all again. If anyone wants to come play, you've got a place to crash in the Haight. BTW, Christian you sod, you should have told me you were in town! I coulda used a few drinks on Uncle Bill's tab haha. Oh, and happy birthday Spud, sure you had as much fun as your last birthday?? I remember me and Bravery not quite believing that you kept getting into pubs with the state you were in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly

I think Steph Leberis will be joining us, so we need to be our usual, loverly engrish selves; and also, think of some places we should take Steph in London....

Mx

Don't ANY of you get all proper on me! I want stupidly awesome fun, not pinkie-up tea parties! But yeah, if anyone wants to brainstorm, I'm game! Hamley's is definitely on my list now, and I've gotten multiple requests for "Mind the Gap" T-shirts... so if those exist, I need to figure out where to get them. Oh, and I want to take a day trip to Brighton too! And Gloucester! And Salisbury! And I want a pony!

So, I got my hostel address and I'm totally in the suburbs! O_o; My closest tube stop is Willesden Green on the Jubilee line... I hope that makes sense to someone out there. I will be arriving late on the 9th and leaving the 18th - I booked a day less than I thought I did. Oops! Prolly for the best though, everything seems so freaking expensive, the more I research it!

See you all in a few days! HOLY CRAP!

Edit: Lefran - I sure will be! We'll talk about options at the meet-up!

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gahh! Hamleys...scary place

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG Emrah you're in London now!?!?!?!?!?! When did this happen?
    We have to meet up, are you working? Will you be at the meet on 12th?

Hope to see you soon,

Oh and Steph, see you Wednesday : ]

sketchbook
    blog
    website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Christian - The Dirty C - slumming it with the UK massive eh? thort u wuz too gud 4 us these days, with yer high fulloot'n hairs n graces over there in sunny SF. well, good to see you (so to speak) and of my recent trip? i DID try to get a contact number for you from Pete, but as it turned out the number i had 4 him was old news so that route failed, i kinda gave up there, as i only went for the weekend anyway and had loads to do meeting some people and being jet lagged - would love to have seen you brother!!! next time for sure!! i shouldnt think it'll be too long anyway, im hopping to pop over for a while in July, tho nothing is settled there as yet. sounds like your 'course' is going well, you're clearly enjoying it and getting loads out of it so thats fekking cool! how about a post??? go on u know you want to????

http://www.leadinglightdesign.com

Work harder!! - Millions on welfare are relying on you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh - the problem with posting is that there ain't that much to show yet. The stuff we've done is 90% academic so far, so it doesn't make for mind shattering stuff on the boards unfortunately. Having said that, we've definitely all leveled up, and I think we'll be posting before too long - but it'll be mostly traditional study stuff I think. Not sure what Carl's thinking. Though having said that, go to the main forums page (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/and you might find something there if you use your eyes thoroughly.

Let me know if you do make it later in the year. And for those of you who want to get in touch at some stage, my number is +1 415 412 4578.

Cheers
    DC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The good news: I am alive and made it to my hostel safely, in a timely manner.

The bad news: MY HOSTEL IS IN FREAKIN CRICKLEWOOD. I had no idea it was going to be so far from the city and in such a sketchy neighborhood O__o I tried booking another room in the city but nearly everything is full, since it's the holiday and all. So uh... yeah... I have a daily journey ahead of me it seems.

With that said, until I get a mobile (where do you get one of those temporary mobile phones anyway?) I will be a little hard to reach. We are most definitely still on for Thursday and email or PM is the best way to reach me for now. I've got nothing on my plate until Thursday, so drop me a line if you want to hang out or meet up somewhere.

*runs in circles*

-Steph

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cricklewood....cricklewood. where the heck is that?
    ooh. nice to see you online here as well Danshewan

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Koshime - it's nice to be here! How's it going? I'll have to swing by Nandos in Soho sometime for a sketch meet-up (since I've been working entirely in 2D recently, and definitely need the practice!) Keep me posted as to when you and Sketchling are planning on meeting up and I'll see if I can make it, k?

Cricklewood is in North-West London, and is (as Steph mentioned) very closeby to some particularly sketchy (pardon the pun) neighborhoods. I used to live out that way, and was immensely glad when I left - no disrespect to anyone that lives out that way, but it just wasn't for me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    steph- umm if you wanted to get a cheap one, i work in a shop called woolworths, and i think they most likely have one there somewhere, they have mobile phones from £17 upwards pay as you go which i guess would be ideal for you
    map
    looks like theres a few, but i guess that would be too hard for you to find

or argos has some going from £30 store locater
    theres quite a few of those around so you might be able to find one better?
    high street stores seem to be cheaper than phone shops here, but they do have a few cheap phones
    carphone warehouse seems to have a lot of stores

hopes that helps if not confused you maybe lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Steph - ok luv, a few pints down our necks it is! - Cricklewood is up the road (kinda) from where I grew up...in Kilburn!
    DC - HEY! nice to hear from ya, hope your well treacle!

Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lefran - thanks SO much for the info, I will try and get connected with a mobile tomorrow. I'm a lil confused how it all works, but that's not abnormal for me I think there is one of those carphones stores here on Oxford, I will check it out!

So uh... am I gonna like, die from walking home at night in Cricklewood? O_o;; I think there's a bus that goes straight from the tube stop to my hostel (and I gots an Oyster Pass! Woo hoo!) but yeah, I'll have my laptop with me most nights so I don't want to be a sitting duck on my way home.

See you guys soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Danshewan - there is aconceptart meet on htursday, this week. Check the CA3 info or info on Lefrans' link for more

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Steph, dont worry, Cricklewood aint that bad....
    From Cricklewood you can get the Jubilee Line from Willesden Green to Green Park, change for the Picadilly Line north bound to Leicester Sq;
    OR
    Take a mainline train from Cricklewood Stn to Kings Cross St Pancras, change for the Picadilly line southbound to Leicester Sq then walk from there....hope this helps ya...

Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    steph- you new to london? i dunno cricklewood (sounds scary.....lol) but i dont recomend having your laptop in-sight anywhere in london after dark, specialy tube stations...ive been mugged 4 times in tube stations in central london lol but luckily i only carry my phone,loose change pencils and paper lol- so they are like.."ahh man" then walk away. im not trying to scare you but ya know just basic precautions...u more thn likley know but like try and avoid being in train carriges alone, but also not in ones with a load of teenagers with hoods up!. or creepy men.

apart from that your gna be fiiiiiiiiiiinnnneee policing in london is quite good ( usualy)

EVERYONE ELSE- ohh yeah hi!

lense flare this bitch

GOT BRUSHES?..share them here> >CUSTOM BRUSH THREAD!

:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where you all meeting on thursday?...i might be able to hop on a train, i dont think im busy on thursday.......im on holidays....must leave house....siblings driving me insane......girlfreind..driving me insane....ARRGGGGHHHHHH SMASHES LAPTOP ON WALL!........DOH! shouldnt have done that...lol forgive my crazyness...sentences above explain it.

sofa

lense flare this bitch

:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    life on sofa, click on the link (in bold) in my sig ;P

Looking forward to the meet, everyone~

Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by koshime
    Danshewan - there is aconceptart meet on htursday, this week. Check the CA3 info or info on Lefrans' link for more
    Aww, man.... I'm busy - maybe I can tag along next time. Have fun, guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    steph, you know tfl.gov.uk? It's very useful for figuring out routes and times for travel.

I found the mobile thing a bit weird here too I just got my own the other day, but it's actually a lot easier than it was in Canada (and I would suspect the US too, but I don't know..). Pay as you go plans here are great. You just get the phone and simcard, pop the simcard in and away you go. If you put on £10, you keep it till you use it (none of this losing it after a month if you haven't used it crap).

So anybody want to get together on the weekend as well? Molly, we wouldn't have to go to galleries. I've been wanting to gather stuff for my office desk (it's sad and bare... needs action figures, dolls and miscellaneous chotchskies).. could make a trip to Hamley's and Forbidden Planet Superstore. I'm fairly new to London as well, so I won't have done a lot of stuff.. anything good you know about would be fun

Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you can put me down as possible attendee, if i go i will be the guy dancing naked in the waterfountain at trafalgar sq just so you can tell me apart form the crowd............................................. .................................................. ...........................lol im kidding if i cn go i will say here before tonight.

tully hit the nail on the head, tfl.gov is great for people new to london...(and me who has lived here my whole life..) journey planner is quick and easy TFL.GOV.UK

sofa- by the way you all can just say sofa i will know who u mean and its easier than typing my longass name lol

Last edited by life on the sofa; April 11th, 2007 at 06:46 AM.
    lense flare this bitch

:

Members who have read this thread: 25