United Kingdom - Page 210
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 210 of 351 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 260 310 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,300 of 10513

Thread: United Kingdom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybridstar
    Step closer to finally setting up our own venue down in Salisbury. Looking at the final 3 premises for consideration this week and hope to have it all up and running by July at the latest. Around 1500 square feet of
    business unit that we are going to use for classes, workshops, print studio, photographic studio and customisable studio hire options for artists. The main drawback with hiring spaces normally tends to be good controllable lighting so we are sparing no expense there.

Will hope to draw up a full and varied program for the year and we are literally 5 mins from the train station. Be great to see a few of you all now and then. Will be running the usual regular life, costumed and portrait sessions along with traditional and digital painting classes. Also a possibility that a friend of mine who teaches at the charles cecil studios will use us to run his classical atelier sight size summer school.

Were also looking for instructors to run workshops if any of you are interested. Can be in anything art, craft and design related really and we pay around 30-40 per hour.
    OooooOOOOOOOOoooooh!
    Serious? this sounds cool...damn i wish I lived nearer - good luck with it all!
    Mx

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hallo!! would any one able to put me up for a night for the meet up on thursday 12th? im small and wont make a mess !and a sofa is fine or whatever, just it would save me a lot of money and im quite skint!
    Fran
    x

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Having a regular kim/kosh sketch paint of fest at nandostommorow evening from 6pm. All free are welcome to drop by.

Dr CM Wong
    Director
    Opus Artz - Digital Art For The Entertaintment Industry

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow a UK thread I have discovered...hows it goin everyone?

"No, on second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    welcome sanest =]
    were in the process of arranging a meet in london on the 12th april, youre welcome to come along

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya Sanest.

Yeah! Cool. 12th isn't too far =)

Fran, you need somewhere to crash that night? or the night before? lol.
    But tis an arse getting back into london from mine, stupid zones, another 7 quid if you wanna go further than charing x. Pm me if you want!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo everyone 12th sounds cool. Prob only make it after 6 but for that im super keen. Will try rope Henrik in.

BTW if anyone wants to read a really really fantastic book on drawing the figure and drawing in general, I have found a real gem.... Rod Tiner : Figure Drawing without a model.

Not the most promising title, but I have never found so concise a collection of absolute gems... Seriously, this guy is good and his writing reads like a novel. I have never read a better book on drawing. Iv read a lot of books on drawing. Link :
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Figure-Drawi...4739069&sr=8-1

I love it.

"Go on man, FEED THE PAPER!!!" - Bjorn Hurri
    ------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog (actually updated!)
    My Website
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i present an alternative./ Villipu DVD on how to render forms. so simple and excellent

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, I agree. Vilpuu is genius, but this goes into a wider range of drawing ideas and stuff about the figure. I especially like how it goes into the areas of bodyfat that distinguish male and female and the process of imagining yourself as a characer in order to give it more life. It really has a lot of things I have seen nowhere else as well as a lot of stuff Vilppu says. Both are invaluable.

"Go on man, FEED THE PAPER!!!" - Bjorn Hurri
    ------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog (actually updated!)
    My Website
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds cool but it's too much of a trek to London from Birmingham on a thursday, the 12th is a thursday isn't it? Anyway yea...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aph : cheers =] im not sure whats happening atm tho

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Naomi, You've almost got the same choices as me.
    Brizzle, bournemouth and swansea for me. Good luck with the interview, lets hope we both get in our first choice!!! Illustration right?
    Im starting to get abit worried portfolio wise, I seem to have way way more sketchbook work than actuall final pieces

I should be alright for the meet up, stick me on the possibly attending list.

Btw welcome Sanest! Do you go to the carling academy at all? I should be over there this weekend for my mates 21st.

Last edited by Mr Man; March 27th, 2007 at 11:32 AM.
    Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks soaking in this huge site, trying to get up to speed. Time to emerge though.

I was introduced to the site by MrDigs, who I know from our college course. Having lots of fun with that, so I'm keen to get extra practice in.

Um, yeah, not sure what else to say. Any questions (like "who the hell are you actually?") are welcome

All the best

DanJW

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MrMan: Hey, yea I do go to the academy occasionally...if there's a decent band playing that is.

Oh and welcome Danjaw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys just wanted to say i am not in fact dead/dieing, welcome to Sanest and Danjaw.

also good luck to all those applying to unis in the next month

and thanks sketchling that book looks rather damn groovy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice to see that I am not the only one going through ucas application (second time for me, was all paper and post last time I applied)

I've only applied to brighton though, aim high and fall far ;]

I have my interview on the 2nd, slightly concerned with my portfolio (lack of stuff to take) so busting a gut at the moment. Just curious to some of the choices people have made, I've been given the impression that the more highly regarded uni's fill up on the first choice applicants.

This is why I didn't bother applying anywhere else, if I don't manage to get in, then I was going to look to trying to get a spot through clearing. I was also looking at bournmouth AIB and Bristol, though I really have my heart set on brighton.

Am I right in that there is a meet up on the 12th? Might be able to pop up to london for that, can give me a grilling about the interview process, though these may differ from place to place. I have a copy of the portfolio requirements, was about to post these up in the schooling section.

Anyway think thats enough waffling, oh and hi! ;]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey everyone, with my usual frequent posting i just thought i'd come and say hello again...

welcome sanest, and of course danjaw - we'll have to get a mini brighton meet organised sometime soon.

good luck with the uni applications, got my fingers crossed for everyone.

the meet on the 12th is in london ?! yup...put me down for that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope u young uns have every sucess and best wishes on your prospective careers.
    May you paint with Light

"I only speak two languages: English & Bad English!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Star Wars 30th Anniversary convention

I'm embracing my inner dork and going with my son to the 30th anniversary Star Wars convention in London on 14th July. http://www.celebrationeurope.com/ <gyaaaaahhhhh, can't wait!!!! >

There'll be the usual costume competitions, meeting the stars etc, but also a chance to meet the artists (not sure which ones specifically). If you fancy meeting up at the show, or afterwards for a coffee, lemme know.

PS: welcome Kainin, life on the sofa, Danjaw and sanset

Pete

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some early pre production trailer for exhibitors - Golden Compass in its half chopped glory:

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys, thought id come back see how ppl r doin. i hvnt been had much time on the net for a while cos of coursework...grrrrrr i hate it, and my art is realy sucking ass also, but i bought a new book the other day about comic design and character construction written by vincent giarrano for those who dont know he did a majority of the wok for comics such as spiderman, batman, superman and loads more so should be quite cool, and hopefully can put together a comic which i will fo course post.

koshime: DUDE that video is awsome are you involved in that? the sci fi fantasy of of it seems to suit your style. lookin good

lense flare this bitch

GOT BRUSHES?..share them here> >CUSTOM BRUSH THREAD!

:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No - Its somethign i'd love to be workign on but sadly a nice post production London based company is already working on it

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    W00t, I got an interview but im really starting to poop my pants. They have given me a task to do so thats scaring me abit

Wish me luck

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you mean like a short presentation?
    What is it on. Perhaps the online community might be able to pitch in, in terms of ideas

"I only speak two languages: English & Bad English!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Blarrg

Hey Mr. Man about your up n coming college interview - do not fret about your lack of finished works, you're applying to college, not a job, which means they want to see potential, not the complete article. take it from me, as someone who tried for 3 years to get onto illustration courses throughout this here country and failed every time! only at the last one (Maidstone) did they tell me that my work was too 'finished' to take me onto the course - "go and get a job" they told me. - i was just gutted cos i missed out on 3 years of college parties and ............ all that that entails anyway, that's what i did. So in your case, take your process peices, sketches, scrap books whatever, and talk about your thought processes, this is what they need to understand, ultimatly you wanna be a pro artist im guessing? well the technical side is just finish, it's the thought processes that make good or great work, show them your thinking and you should do ok

So, there's a meet happening on the 12th is there? can i come??? pls. with Pete emigrating to land-locked princedom of bolt-on i'll be in need of some artsy fartsy airs about me.

..........right, where's me wacom pen..............

http://www.leadinglightdesign.com

Work harder!! - Millions on welfare are relying on you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The 12th makes me sad... I work on weekdays and I really want to come! Unless there's some holiday I'm unaware of, MoP and I won't be able to make it to the meetup

Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tully: its a holiday for school/college kids, its end of term but somehow i dont think theyll give you time off for that hehe, its a shame you cant make it, but usually we stay out until late in nandos or something, get some food, sketch etc, so perhaps you could join us in the evening?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, I sees.... no respite for us working types then! I remember fondly my carefree school days. Ended six long months ago, they did Though that also sounds like fun. I'd certainly like to meet all you people. I'll keep tabs on plans and see if I can make it to part of the day

Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya guys! Haven't posted in a while. Updated the UK Meet Thread - let me know if I've missed anyone out or if you have suggestions on where to meet/go etc.

Christian(TheBrave): Of course! Added you to the list.

Tully: Yeah, would be cool if you could meet up with us for dinner - Kim (sketchling) will be doing the same. Cheeeeeeee, you comin' as well, mate?! ;P

Good luck, Rich! I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Also, thanks for the advice, guys. ^_^ Workin' on a painting atm - might post it up for some crits. It's a bit too raw to put up atm though.

Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah....
    the days of carefree student loans and easter holidays...

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:

Members who have read this thread: 24