United Kingdom - Page 209
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 209 of 351 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 259 309 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,270 of 10513

Thread: United Kingdom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Gongs

Nah, i didnt get one, basically you get one free (actually covered by the nomination entry fee) then if you want more they cost about 500 each, at the time i felt that was a bit pricey for a paperweight.

http://www.leadinglightdesign.com

Work harder!! - Millions on welfare are relying on you.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ohh a whole Uk topic!
    Well im from Kent, Folkestone. Its a little seaside place and kinda nice and we have the Channel Tunnel........ Urm yea My names Graham and I live near a big tunnel
    Well its great to find this site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did, did someone say lucas arts! *Rolls around the floor, then dies in a pool of dribble*

How come you went there anyway, job field trip or something??
    Next time smuggle me in your rucksack, or dress me up as an ewok so I can get in. Id be the tallest ewok youve ever seen but meh.

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome Kainin, by the big tunnel...

Brave - £500? rarrr....I wonder what it would go for on ebay...

Koshime - haha - yeah, sounds well posh, eh?, its in Shorditch where all da art loveys are... they have a more intense life drawing course, plus lectures, and I'm hoping to get a bursary for the year, so fingers crossed...Shame about the Academy, I suppose my emotions are too much for that place to handle...you gotta be all spiritual, demure, and calm...fuck that.
    My dads got a spare double room at his place, that I'm using as a studio, its spacious, warm and has tinternet. Once I'm settled with freelancing, Ima get me a proper studio to work in....lifes cool at the mo, the only way is up! Bay-bear!
    Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by koshime
    the princes drawing schools - soudns like a ballet school *heh heh*
    Hey, leave charley alone, he has a lot of charitable arty things going on...
    but yes, it does sound a bit like ballet.

Hey Molly i was looking at doing a summer course there. I might still do...

Welcome Kainin.

Thanks for the story mister Brave, it was most informative! and made me all giddy.
    -B-

Last edited by Badger; March 14th, 2007 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Splurge

Mr Man - Ha, yeh it was great to visit there, but ultimatly it's another office with people working - a very cool office, working on extremely cool stuff and situated in the best city in the US, if not the world, but you know, other than that just like the TSB building in Newport Gwent.

Kainin - welcome.

Mol - will you have to wear a uniform at your new school? ;p

.........and finally, in case anyone would like to see a few of my scribbles i just posted some in the FF section here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kainin: Welcome to the boards!

TheBrave: Heywha? Welshie....Newport....are you originally from Newport? o.O If you are, for your own sake, don't bother coming back - it's a craphole....saying that, I am from Pill so maybe that has swayed my judgement a notch. ;P

Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome, Kainin.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no naomi your right it is a craphole ^__^
    ebbw vale is worse though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a note for all you Londoners.

Steph (Laberis) is coming to London to visit from 9th to 18th April. I wonna get a meet together for here with anyone who's in London and available at the time. Just the regualr evening at Nando's would do. It'll probably be sometime near the end of her visit, as I'm at home in Cardiff for Easter Sunday/Monday and a few days after.

sketchbook
    blog
    website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fran: Aye.....can't wait to get out of here. ;_;

Foxeh: Aye, I suggested 9th-13th, sooo.......Thursday 12th? Would that be alright for everyone??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver
    Foxeh: Aye, I suggested 9th-13th, sooo.......Thursday 12th? Would that be alright for everyone??
    Sounds fine with me. I'll try and be there, if anyone needs a lift from near by, into hillingdon, gimme a shout.
    -B-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^____^;; Hey guys, sorry I disappeared! Been pulling various things together for work, taxes, trips and stuffs.

I'm SO stoked you're all game for a meet up! My schedule is wide open, so the 12th is fine! I'm staying in a hostel in North London but as far as I know it's easy to commute. I managed to get a room with two single beds for the price of one single bed somehow, so if we're out late and you miss your train, you can crash with me. WOO HOO!

I do want to take a day trip to Gloucester to see the cathedral up there and I wanna arrange an overnight trip to Wiltshire to see a couple folks and Stone Henge... but aside from that the only priorities I have are cathedrals, museums, beaches and Cadbury's eggs ^_~

I'll also take any suggestions of can't-miss things to see! I just wanna be goofy and be amazed at stuff I've never seen and done before

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys thank you for the welcoming greetings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wales!!!!!!

Quicksilver - it's worse than that, i'm from Barry!!! you knows it!! and it's the same there, i was back a few weekends ago visiting my folks and , jeez, what a shite hole!! maybe i'm just an anglosized snob now but the place has gone to rack and ruin, tho actually, thinking about it it was always like that , it's such a shame cos the actuall location is great, 4 beaches, country park, 6 miles from the capitol, it should be amazing (for 3rd world Wales) but its just plain grim - too many low ambition havin' mo-fo's and bent councillors, it's such a shame, but, well, you know you could say - 'christian, if you dont like it, do something about it' - but you only get one life, and i aint spunking mine on that lost cause lets draw some pictures !!!!

hey Steph Laberis if your near 'the henge' i'd suggest a short trip to Avebury too, to my mind its alot cooler than SH, it's the biggest stone circle in europe, theres actually a small village inside it!!! and its a great place to chill, the Red Dragon pub is in there too, and the food is not bad these days. the big secret about Avebury is that it's the cool place for the solstice!! much better atmosphere that SH, no assholes, just hundreds of lovely gentle hippies playing music, dancing, havin veggie BBQ and 'honing they're stone' top fun!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The 12th sounds good to me....

Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if i can accumilate some funds i might be able to make it =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can make the 12th is it of April ya? sorry my 'diary' round these next few months is busy with lots of crapola going on, and I'm shit at organising myself...

Brave - uniform? hehe unfortunately not, but I'll say yes' just for you... your post in the FF section kicks arrrrse, about time you did it! - BTW Mortal Engines, is it a like, a big fat fantasy book? You mentioned that your reading it to your son - how old is he? I had a maaaad thought this morning, about creating a colouring-in-book for kids, full of line drawings of monsters, cool space ship, warriors and sci-fi females....dunno why...maybe I'm getting brooody?...haha...also, that other Stone Circle in Avebury sounds coool, would be great to go and hang with those hippies!

Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrave
    Quicksilver - it's worse than that, i'm from Barry!!! you knows it!! and it's the same there, i was back a few weekends ago visiting my folks and , jeez, what a shite hole!! maybe i'm just an anglosized snob now but the place has gone to rack and ruin, tho actually, thinking about it it was always like that , it's such a shame cos the actuall location is great, 4 beaches, country park, 6 miles from the capitol, it should be amazing (for 3rd world Wales) but its just plain grim - too many low ambition havin' mo-fo's and bent councillors, it's such a shame, but, well, you know you could say - 'christian, if you dont like it, do something about it' - but you only get one life, and i aint spunking mine on that lost cause lets draw some pictures !!!!
    Hahah, no way!! Well I never....it's a small world, eh?

....Third World Wales xD Classic.

Frannigan: Do you wanna catch the train or coach? I've invited Beth too so maybe we could group chat on MSN sometime this weekend? The earlier we book, the better...

I'll update the UK 3.0 meet thread (linked in my sig). If there are any exhibitions/events/whatev. goin' on, shout out and I'll add them to the post.

Waaarrrrhhhhggggg, I'm sorting out me portfoliooo atm. Anyone have any interview tips?? My tutors keep floating about everywhere and it's hard to catch them. My UCAS application was sent off a few days ago (uber delay due to silly staff) - chose Brizzle, Bournemouth and Camberwell for Illustration, yo. Haven't had any news back yet, though it's still early days...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Naomi :

- Smile
    - Give a good handshake / greeting
    - Be enthusiastic about what you like or don't like ; express your opinion
    - Don't make stuff up, know what your talking about
    - Its good if you can mention artists or illustrators you like that they might not have heard of, because they hear a lot that everyone likes Banksy and Damien Hirst or whatever mainstream stuff ALL DAY

Definately know:
    - Why you want to be on that course and in that uni
    - What you see yourself doing after the course ( progression into work )

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Msn me if you want some more tips, I have a leaflet from my school that was pretty damn good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, ummm...go london..(!?) i kinda live in london suberbs realy but hey its easier yo say i live in london than "hey i live in the london suberb of wrasbury/staines"(which is where i realy live) im not sure of the ..umm average age or the age of everyone else here but im only 15 so kinda rules out metting in bars etc..and probrably my parents wd be less than happy with me meetin up with loads of 20+ strangers of the internet...also i spend way to much time out with my school freinds all over the place so would be hard to work out dates(cos i can easy sneak out without parents knowin were im goin). also i would get it if people dont want .."responisibility" over a 15 year old even tho, obviously i can look after myself.

sofa

lense flare this bitch

GOT BRUSHES?..share them here> >CUSTOM BRUSH THREAD!

:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcom Life On The Sofa - Sofa for short, welcome indeed. Do not let your mother fear, we're all cheery folk in here, weel have no trouble, this is a local shop for local people...

Naomi - smile, be yourself, and ask questions about the course an' stuff - good luck treacle!

I went to Coventry yesterday to see a tutors work in a gallery there. Spent 4 hours in the car, fighting trraffic with my friend, smokin' some green to keep us lean. When we finally made it the gallery, we spent a nice an easy 20min looking at the work. I was promised a fantastic Lucien Freud, huge painted heads and exquisit work. We got a room with 13 paintings, of which only 2 were worth the journey.
    My friend Paul and I were so disappointed. Sure, the work of the 'New British Realists' was superb, but not enough superb for the journey we indured to get there. Honestly, there are more bull-shitters in the art world than i thought, more pretentious arseholes you must take with a pinch of salt. I cant believe the hype surrounding the exhibit was so high, I mean, sure yeah, you value your own work and worth, but if I was exhibiting in a gallery the size of my flat in Coventry, I would NOT give false impression to my friends about its uniqueness. The only painting with soul, character, purpose, story and all those magnificent things, was a Robert Lenkiewicz. The Lucien Freud I was promised was the like. a 6X6 canvas. There was work in there that was just bloody awful. Like an A-Level art portrait. Just bloody awful. No life, just fucking 'static' I mean shit man, the merging of classical fine art techniques and poise, coupled with todays modernity, should marry well, and be harmonious. What we gopt was a bad modern version of a classical Michelangelo pose - with a mobile phone thrown in for good measure. Lack of feeling, interaction between figures in a painting, lack of emotion or flow, no energy, static, stiff figures; if ANY artist tells you illustration is crap an' all that DONT LISTEN TO THEM - they couldnt illustrate a piece of toast if they tried
    Sorry for the rant, but I cant stop giggling about how much we bitched about the exhibit...it wasnt planed..we were gona be inspired, and in awe and stuff like that...but, but we ended up legging it out of Coventry faster than you can say poo...
    It inspired me to do better than them, with my illustration & painting, to carry on in the direction I wanted to go in the first place, to seek out knowledge here and there and not be a mindless sheep to my peers....the art world is full of fickle, pretentious, attention seeking bastards! Y

Learn what you can form them old fuckers, then run away like Linford!

Mollyx

PS - just found out that the landlords of the Academy building are chucking us out in September...fucking fantastic...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    True, true I did have some work in an exhabition in September last year only to find it stuck in a corner im a small hall. All they seem to care about is "hidden messags of pain and suffering"! The person painting it probaly went for the messy look as they cant actualy paint or draw! I seem to come to this point with quite a few art tutors as they always want me to be messy and loose with my drawings. They dont understand thats not what I want to do so I get down graded for it!
    If they are right then the right to express your self with art makes it art then surly me expressing myself in the way that I draw is the same? Does a highly deffinined picture make it dull? Yea the stuff I have on here are designs for a game as I have to wait to go home to put some work I have done up thats more arty, but it a person can get away with saying a glass of water is an oak tree then well why doesnt it work the other way?

Plus whay is it so cold today!!!
    Well urm thats my rant. Modern Art has this effect on me! I must have an allergy!!
    Oh one thing how do I put a link to my sketchbook in my sig?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thought people might want to know, there is a small exhibit going on at the princes drawing school in old street. Thought you might like to check it out molly after you latest disappointment.

The paintings arnt great but the drawings are really nice.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by [void]
    Thought people might want to know, there is a small exhibit going on at the princes drawing school in old street. Thought you might like to check it out molly after you latest disappointment.

The paintings arnt great but the drawings are really nice.
    hehe - yeah, Ivy Smith- I saw her exhibit last Thursday, went there for the open day. Shes a pro painter, and the Drawing year is like a 'top-up/support course for those in an artistic profession. I bumped inot a few people there I know, and they explained how its run/works etc etc.
    Its a great place to go to once you finished your BA or MA and your in the field already. The have classes everyday and evening, focusing on gestures, clothed and unclothed life drawing, drawing at night, portraits etc.
    The problem is, is that over 200 people apply, and only 25 get in, of which only 10 will get a bursary 3000.
    I'm gona go for it, cos I need a change and a more focused, approach to my work - without the hippy bull shit! (nothing against hippies - its the only way I can explain it)

Anyhoo, I've ranted yet again...
    Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah that Princes drawing school looks pretty sweet. Nice space. I'd love to go for the few days a week if i werent so busy at present.

Step closer to finally setting up our own venue down in Salisbury. Looking at the final 3 premises for consideration this week and hope to have it all up and running by July at the latest. Around 1500 square feet of
    business unit that we are going to use for classes, workshops, print studio, photographic studio and customisable studio hire options for artists. The main drawback with hiring spaces normally tends to be good controllable lighting so we are sparing no expense there.

Will hope to draw up a full and varied program for the year and we are literally 5 mins from the train station. Be great to see a few of you all now and then. Will be running the usual regular life, costumed and portrait sessions along with traditional and digital painting classes. Also a possibility that a friend of mine who teaches at the charles cecil studios will use us to run his classical atelier sight size summer school.

Were also looking for instructors to run workshops if any of you are interested. Can be in anything art, craft and design related really and we pay around 30-40 per hour.

Last edited by Hybridstar; March 20th, 2007 at 08:32 AM.
    "There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.

"When it takes forever to learn the rules, no time is left for breaking them"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well - if I'm freer over the summer, I dont mind teaching digital enviroments and vehicle painting/composition/perspective...blah blah for games/movies

Dr CM Wong
    Director
    Opus Artz - Digital Art For The Entertaintment Industry

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by koshime
    Well - if I'm freer over the summer, I dont mind teaching digital enviroments and vehicle painting/composition/perspective...blah blah for games/movies
    Hmm all the stuff I need to learn!

Members who have read this thread: 27