United Kingdom - Page 205
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 205 of 351 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 255 305 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,150 of 10513

Thread: United Kingdom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kosh, you had your wedding near stonehenge? If so you were literally five minutes from us! Field trips sound interesting, would like to make a few.

"There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.

"When it takes forever to learn the rules, no time is left for breaking them"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    off topic slightly, but heres some soundclips of the wind symphonia i play in, the cds have just been mixed, and theyve just put some clips on our website ( no im not trying to sell anything to you haha)-
    http://web.mac.com/paulhornsby/iweb/...nd/Beyond.html
    not the best places in the pieces, but if anyone would like to listen its from the concert i recently had were going to gateshead for the finals of the national festival =]
    ( you can see me in the bottom right of the bourdion pic if you click on it)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there. I heard about the UK thread post that Molly put up so just saying Hello from Ealing. Whats up? Listen im new around here and was wondering how to upload pictures to my gallery? Its really stupid but I cant do it. Any help would be appreciated.

2 try is to fail but 2 fail is not to try.
    -KAZ- yuyanda4ever@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kim - nice one, mate. Soon you'll never wanna touch windows again. And awesome news on the shift - stay in film dude, you know it makes sense.

And Naomi, make sure you stay home as long as you can with that. I had it and it healed properly, but it often leads to Chronic Fatigue, which will basically stuff up your whole life. Don't think 'I need to go back to school' and feel guilty. Stay home for a good week after you're good and done. Trust me, it's worth it.

Glastonbury festival's totally inside the fence, Koshime, so there's not much point trying to tie anything in with it. About all you'll get is some irritated locals waiting for it all to end and the wasters to drive home again so they can sleep haha. Good luck sorting something out, though.

See ya!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thought I'd drop a line in here out of desperation, I downloaded the painter x trial and im finding it really hard going. I just cant get my head around it. I'm so used to painting in photoshop and the engine jsut feels really different in painter.

I was wondering if anyone that uses painter could share a bit of working process explaining brushes and what they use for what. In ps i just use a the basic round to render with the occasional texture brush. in painter I have no clue and i find myself hashing about with different brushes with some not working on top of others and getting very confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok - with painter. It takes a different approach to painting but becomes quite intuitive as long as you dont think of how to do things like photoshop. In general it has functional layer support but try to paint most things on canvas if you can.

The wealth of brushes can be overwhelming, and the first thing you need to do is DECIDe a range of brushes you want to use for 90% of your work.

Once you do that, then u paint as you feel. It has a lovely natural feel. i use painter and photoshop interchangably. Both are godo at specific things and overlap in certain areas

Dr CM Wong
    Director
    Opus Artz - Digital Art For The Entertaintment Industry

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went through all the sketchbooks i know that use painter, searched for brushes and tryed all of them and im building a library out of the ones that i like.

im gonna see if I can make anything worthwhile now ^_^

I dont think i'll drop ps but more use them interchangably as you said, they both have features that i want to make use of so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey ad. I found the best way to work with painter brushes is go through all of the preset brush types and find ones that kinda perform in a manner that you like or that better reproduce your traditional style. Use these as a base, open up the brush creator then tweat away. Bristle settings are particulalrly good for natural oil brushes. The well option is one that make a great deal of difference too but mostly i play with resaturation and bleed as i work with the sliders at the top. Then i just re-name the brushes to something like soft bristle, fine sable or whatever.

Have just downloaded the Painter 10 demo but havent really had a chance to play yet. The brushes look good though and it may be useful to try finishing a piece entirely with one brush type to fully explore it's limitations and benefits with the occaision bleed/resat tweak as you go.

Good luck dude, sure you'll get to grip with it pretty quick and start busting out some great paints.

"There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Adam
    Firstly, slightly surprised you didn't drop me a line about this! The things I used most of the time were a basic round tinting brush, which is the closest to the hard round in photoshop, one of the chalks (the square one i think), an oil pastel or two, the digital airbrush, and that's 90% of what I used.

Capturing brushes is basically the same deal as photoshop, so you can make shapes which you feel will help you steer away from your bad habits (I made some odd square-ish pointy shapes which went against my elliptical tendencies to help).

The big thing, of course, is paper. Just grab some random images off the web, they really help. The default ones just aren't that great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just though id pop this quick speedy up, unfinished and ive cropped off her legs. Was blocked in initially with a tweaked square chalk to establish values and approximate colors and then i used a tweaked varient of the captured bristle for the main. Some other useful brushes are: simple water(for glazing and underpainting), camelhair, palette knife, round gouache and blenders. Use em and play with em.

Name:  red_speed.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  46.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hybrid - yeah man, nice
    DC, Koshime etc - I can relate with Void on this Painter matter...I have Painter 9 and its taken me FOREVER to just sit right down and give it a go...I still havent as yet cos I get so confoosed as my brain hits Photoshop mode...

Oh, BTW, if you live in or near Coventry, theres an exhibition on atm, at The Herbert Gallery CLICK HERE two of my tutors are showing work (Nahem Shoa & Gbenga), along side their teacher the late Robert Lenckiewicz(<--Google him, his works pretty cool), and Lucian Freud....I hope to go up there asap to have a look.....

Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [raises hand] I'm still having the same confusion with painter. Been dabbling with it a bit more lately, but my computer's still quite slow and keeps pissing about.

Christian: Eep! I think it's all gone, but now my parents are ill. ^_^;;

By the waaaay, I'm *thinking* about buying a MacBook (13". 2Ghz, white) - and extra RAM and an external HD from elsewhere to go with - sometime in the summer(?) Hopefully OS X Leopard will be out by then and I'd actually have some cash to buy it. Any advice/rants/words of warnings are welcome All in all, I want something fast (esp. with PS and Painter) and reliable with acess to the internet.

Hope you're all well~!

~~Naomi x

Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Annnnd London fashion Week hits the Capital...

Lotsa lovely designs and styles.
    Try to attend a few if you can get an invite if you can, main HQ at natural history Museum

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by koshime
    Annnnd London fashion Week hits the Capital...

Lotsa lovely designs and styles.
    Try to attend a few if you can get an invite if you can, main HQ at natural history Museum
    Don't you have to book in advance for that?

When's a good time to arrange a meet, people? I'll be busy this week but have next week off for half term. Shout out if you're good to meet up sometime then. If we can gather enough northerners to make a Birmingham meet more worthwhile then that'd be cool.

Gonna have a photo shoot this Friday! OooOooo....helping a make-up artisty friend bulk up her portfolio...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oueff its got a bit dry and sore in here recently.

We need something to get everyone buzzing again..

anyone fancy DESTROYING A LITTLE MORE OF THE WORLD in another "UK VS" Thunderdome?

Scandinavia was a nice slice of bread but its time for the main course now... France? USA?

anyone?

echo

eri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im Keen... wont back out this time cause of travels though. LEts not make the deadline too insane though. Got 20 concepts for a short film and some work stufff... and im changing jobs, so life is a bit hectic at the moment. Koshime... could brainstorm it over a nandos sometime.

"Go on man, FEED THE PAPER!!!" - Bjorn Hurri
    ------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog (actually updated!)
    My Website
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriboss
    oueff its got a bit dry and sore in here recently.

We need something to get everyone buzzing again..

anyone fancy DESTROYING A LITTLE MORE OF THE WORLD in another "UK VS" Thunderdome?

Scandinavia was a nice slice of bread but its time for the main course now... France? USA?

anyone?

echo

eri
    Ive never really done a thunderdome but sure this should get my ass moving abit. We'd be biting off more than we can chew with the usa heheh.
    France would be good. Are there many french one here btw? I can only think of aleksi. Maybe we should throw some fecies at hurricanes lot again?

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Man
    We'd be biting off more than we can chew with the usa heheh.
    France would be good.
    what?? pah! Im sure we could stamp the USA if we really tried, France would in no way be a walk in the park either.

Maybe we should throw some fecies at hurricanes lot again?
    nooooo, we destroyed them once, no point doing it again!

Anyway this is just an idea, trying to reunite the uk troops again and get some art a' flowin

eri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wouldn't say no to another dome. The last one was a good kick into gear.

I need some practice with finishing pieces anyway.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    France would be no walk in the park, i'd imagine that might be more than we could handle. Or maybe just a worhty challenge!! And there is a decent amount of backup trash talk
    USA is too broad, being an entire continent, i'm not sure if there is a state we haven't beaten yet
    Also consider another NORF vs. SARF one, that was fun.
    -B-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm trying to gather a posse over of professional artists at CGtalk to have a UK meet sometime in the next two weeks so
    perhaps a nandos weekday evenign even could be in the works

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another TD sounds great, and i'm sure any country (we eventually destroy) will still be a challenge

Not sure that I could make it to a weeknight meet in London... But having another meet at some point (soon) would be great. its been quite a long time since the last one, for me at least..............

Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is anyone up for next week at all? naomi and i have half term so wil be off all week, i have a percussion workshop tuesday mornign, but other than that, i dont think i have work as far as i know , might be able to scrape some money from somewhere hehe
    anyone else up for next week?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HHHMMMMMMM........Attacking the French would be good......the Yanks could do with a smack too.....What about the SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE?? Australia & New Zealand???

Mollyx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    except that then there be divided loyalties.... I might have to show me roots.

"Go on man, FEED THE PAPER!!!" - Bjorn Hurri
    ------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog (actually updated!)
    My Website
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Who, when, where?.....................bash............bash! I'm in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm i might be in for this one as well

ooh i had a cool day today, was a runner backstage for the snooker championships, walking past the players having a cigarette ( wont let me type f a g for somereason, comes up with weird symbls?) round the back it a bit weird hehe but it was fun, lots of tea making and passing messages around, but i also got to see how everything works, the editing suites etc, aaaand they let me put the lights up when it went to the presenters segment going back tomorrow and sunday too

anyone see the thousands of posts about a meet? would people be free next week?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lefran
    ...walking past the players having a cigarette ( wont let me type f a g for somereason, comes up with weird symbls?)...

anyone see the thousands of posts about a meet? would people be free next week?
    Yeah, that and a few other swear words get censored.

Yes, meet. IS ANYONE UP FOR ONE NEXT WEEK? (besides Chee and Adam. Cheers for noticing ^_^) I can't do Tuesday either, and have yet to find out what days I'll be working that week, if any.

Dunno if I can defo do a TD as I have a habit of pulling out. Don't wanna do that again...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Am free the week after.

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:

Members who have read this thread: 25