United Kingdom - Page 203
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 203 of 351 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,090 of 10513

Thread: United Kingdom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the idea of setting up an art /design centre - that perhaps may also function as a alliance of artist/jobs for pre visualization/concepts

That would be one of my ideal dreams *hehe*

Dr CM Wong
    Director
    Opus Artz - Digital Art For The Entertaintment Industry

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Robert - at the mo im near london, just 30mins on the train . Next time I go I'll take some time out from the shopping so I can have a proper go at that shot you suggested. Have you been to London City Hall?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hybridstar, that sounds fantastic. I hope it works out for you.

I don't really have any connections, at all, but I'm sure I could still nag people. I mean, connections have to be made somewhere, no? If I get just one out of this I'll be very, very happy.

Well, it's time for the update! I got an e-mail back from the Jerwood centre, but they gave me rehearsal space pricing, not exhibition pricing...

'subsidies may be available to young & emerging artists and rates
    will be tailored to the scale of the project and its funding - more information below' - Jerwood. I hope that applies to exhibition rates as well...
    Maybe they have some special reason for offering a rehearsal room? I hope so, then the e-mail would again be worth it...

I'll try and get the exhibition rates again.

Also I'm going to ask whether we can use the CA.org name when it comes to the exhibition.

Alcian, I've seen, but never been near London City Hall; gives me a dirty feeling.

Last edited by Rhynome; January 22nd, 2007 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SummerPud - I'll get me thinking cap on for ya, a 'back-to-90s' nite sounds awesome!

Rhynome - The Jerwood is also a dance studio; looks like they didnt hear ya right when ya said 'exhibition space' hhmmm a bit slack of 'em.....lemme ask round my school for going about getting an exhibition there...

If people are serious about an exhibit, then make sure its something recent you have worked on; is of your best quality, framed and presented well. If theres enough of us, we can put on a good group show;
    Rhynome and UK peeps:
    -how would we 'show' ourselves?
    -should we have a theme? OR just base it on the fact we are a group from CA.org?
    -Are we a new kinda conceptual sci-fi/fantasy movement? should we show our characters, environments, vehicles?....
    -should we keep it in the Fine Art area, showing portraits, life drawings and such?....
    -should it be a mix of mediums; paint, drawing, digital, photography?
    -should we show 'conceptual illustration' or whatever you call it we do- as Fantasic Art? (Like Spectrum does for artists)

-creating our own group is the way to go, the institutionalised art world does not work all the time - a visiting tutor said this to me last week in discussions...

JUST THROWNG IT OUT THERE FOR DISCUSSION...
    Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been musing over much of these points myself.

I think a theme shouldn't really be in there, nor a group of media, etc. You should just put together what you want people to be able to see, what you're proud of and as long as it's not vulgar in any particular way then we'll show it.

The vulgar thing (that includes 'aggressive' expression of political orientations, I know... but...) is my personal limit on it, I don't want telling off.

Haven't be able to do much recently, sorry, but I shall do more in the coming days, probably Friday actually.

Molly et al, what do you say on the use of the conceptart.org name? Should we use it with permission or should we derive something else? The using something else is somewhat helpful as it would mean it would then be easier to research, blah blah blah. I mean, in the unlikely event that someone sees this and thinks, 'Oooh, I wonder if I can show some of my stuff with them?' then it's easier to say, 'Yeah, sure.' than 'Yeah, sure, now you know conceptart.org...'.
    They might not necessarily want to join CA, or maybe they'd like to leave it for a bit, etc.

Cheers,
    Robert.

Last edited by Rhynome; January 24th, 2007 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [QUOTE=Rhynome]I've been musing over much of these points myself.

I think a theme shouldn't really be in there, nor a group of media, etc. You should just put together what you want people to be able to see, what you're proud of and as long as it's not vulgar in any particular way then we'll show it.
    [I]- true, there could have different sections; Drawings(life,imaginative,conceptual) Traditional Paintings(nude,portraits,still life,conceptual) and Digital (concepts,illustrations etc)[I]

The vulgar thing (that includes political, I know... but...) is my personal limit on it, I don't want telling off.
    - maybe a 'vetting' of work to make sure its appropriate is a good idea?

Haven't be able to do much recently, sorry, but I shall do more in the coming days, probably Friday actually
    - okey pokey

Molly, what do you say on the use of the conceptart.org name?
    - well, if we DO go that way, then we'd best put on a damn good show, we can ask the powers that be about using the CA name, BUT then WE are committing ourselves to a more narrow 'theme';

Should we use it with permission (yes) or should we derive something else?
    - we could call ourselves the 'UK Sketchgroup' conceptart.org?

The using something else is somewhat helpful as it would mean it would then be easier to research, blah blah blah. I mean, in the unlikely even, that someone sees this and thinks, 'Oooh, I wonder if I can show some of my stuff with them?' then it's easier to say, 'Yeah, sure.' than 'Yeah, sure, now you know conceptart.org...'
    They might not necessarily want to join CA, or maybe they'd like to leave it for a bit, etc.
    .-- agreed, least we end up solely promoting them than us...
    I think we should get a solid, confirmed group of people, because gallery space may be an issue...

Molly x

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah. I'd like to have names so basically I can have a minimum number.

But a problem is that people don't really want to say whether they can or can't until there are dates, and venues don't really want to say too much without numbers. So what I'm trying to do for now is find prices and dates that the venues may be able to host us then I'll say 'This is what we have, what are/n't you available for?' Though with other things to do it's proving a bit difficult right now.

My thought of the layout would be no specific sections, just people with what they have, and the viewers (if any turn up... advertising, I planned to mention that once this is more underway (not definate, but moving), but I'll just mention it now, who can design and get access to printed posters? Maybe Communist Stylee? I just love the design.)

I still have a few places to look and people to nag, so once I've started hitting more dead-ends and/or finding more opportunities then I'll step up the whole, 'Well are you coming or aren't you?' thing.

I also want as many people's views on this as possible; don't just go with it and see how it turns out, if you think I might be able to suggest something, anything, please say.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    - Coolio...lets hope the peepe here will be nterested, it would be awesome to get a show going...

Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pud - sorry I can't be there bro. Still means a lot that you and the Brave made it in from drab old Guildford for the evening before leaving. Have one for me, definitely.

Best of luck with the exhibit, guys. I kinda doubt that you'd get the go-ahead on the name thing, cause they're pretty particular about how things are presented. But I guess there's no harm in asking. The one thing I wouldn't do is use it without permission.

I think maybe you guys should look at the work before anything else. Think first and foremost about media and presentation. Digital work needs to be printed somehow, and it'd better be canvas or board. If you're serious about this, you need to be serious enough to actually do something whether the space is ready or not. You don't want a bunch of people who are going to say they're in, then not be ready when it comes, or just have no idea how to go about it.

Best of luck.

Oh, PS, I've started keeping a blog on ghey old myspace - http://www.myspace.com/dirty_christian. No photos yet, but soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Call it Digital Art Showcase or something

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By the sounds of it a lot of it won't be digital though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sounds interesting though, dont call it digital art showcase tho! otherwise us tradheads will feel left out ;( hehe
    not sure about the ca.org name either, 'cause even though its a collective of artists, its still under the title of conceptart.org so unless the show was all conceptarty then it kinda seems weird to me. Thats not what us lot are about, its where we all met but it doesnt really project us all as artists i dont think. cant think of any better examples tho heh.

anyway, it all sounds cool and if it moves foward then im pokin me head up in interest

cheers

eri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Alreet!!!

Hiya everybody on conceptart.org. Am a newbie and this is my first post so just thought id say hi and that i liked the look of all the work iv seen so far keep up the good work!!!

cheers

Razoo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everyone, this is a good mate of mine from uni. Been pesterin him like mad to join

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    blackerno1 Hey dude welcome to the forums

Hey guys how do you like me new avy? shall I keep it or go back to lobo?

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How about Conceptual Illustration for the Masses

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry to go off topic again, but i figured i may as well attempt to get some dates off people for when they would be or wouldnt be available for a next meet
    at this rate itll be next year ^____^ hehe

edit: also who's going/ considering going to the florence workshop? id really like to go, so i was just wondering out of intrest

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    blackerno1 - hey welcome to ca! When can we see some work?

Quote Originally Posted by koshime
    How about Conceptual Illustration for the Masses
    I think something a bit more open would be a good idea, I don't think that a lot of the work will be concept based tbh. But anyway it might be an idea if we move on to a more important bit of organisation than the name.

This is why artistic revolutions dont happen people faff about debating the colour of the banners and forget about it.

I should be going to florence so long as I can secure a place.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, right now there's not all too much to talk about beyond the name, but as I said, if you want to mention anything, do so.

Friday, today is the day that I'm likely to make a bit more progress. I'm also still waiting on an e-mail or two, and so I'm entirely at the mercy of someone else.

Basically I want venues that might host us and at what time of year before I start telling everyone to fork out money for prints and the likes.

Sorry lefran for smothering your plea. So I'll post it again
    give lefran the dates you're available for a possible meet
    but I still don't know mine, fugger.

Anyhoo, cheers everyone,
    Robert.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Fran:
    I've got my ticket waiting from parents who finally realised im never going to be an engineer or physissyist

lol j'kin/ But yeah The way things are going right now, I'll be there

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah im looking to going as my 18th present, which isnt till june but its round about that time right? so i need to start looking into details and come up with a good presentation of facts for my parents haha

as my my date for a meet haha, im free any day of the week (bah who needs college ) and i could most likely make any weekend so long as i give enough notice in work, and ihave no music rehersals on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Am sooo gonna be late for college, lol.

If I somehow get enough money, then I should be able to go to Florence. Situations have changed slightly on my side. Sucky.

As for the exhib, sounds like a great idea - gotta whip up some presentable-enough work first though, haha. And I agree with Erinessesss, don't leave us trad people out ;(

Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey blackerno1, welcome to ca...

For a meet in the week it really depends on how much work I've got, but I should be free any weekend. I'm definately going to the italy workshop, hopefully the dates won't clash with anything, but right now i'm keeping the end of april/start of may free.

Rhynome, i'll wait and see what info you get on venues, pricing, dates etc... I'm interested though.

Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cant afford teh florence tuition but might be in the area to sightsee/paint during that time

Dr CM Wong
    Director

Affiliations:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

answer to "void"

Hi man, yeh id like to put some work on soon but am pretty busy with uni work. But am a newbie to this kind of work so really am here to learn from u guys so that i can develop my own style. So any tips for a beginner?

Cheers............Razoo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeew, britts!

*wiff wiff*

poo?

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÍRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeew, britts!

*wiff wiff*

poo?

I say, how very random...

.....SPAMMER!!

Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha. pay no heed naomi. I reckon its just big talk to provoke a rematch from days gone by

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeew, britts!

*wiff wiff*

poo?

....well i lol'd anyway!

cant put off getting a laptop any longer, and thus cant afford the florence trip, i feel somewhat like the greedy kid who spent all his money on sweeties (san francisco) and is now starving, bah, it was worth it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DannySketch
    ....well i lol'd anyway!

cant put off getting a laptop any longer, and thus cant afford the florence trip, i feel somewhat like the greedy kid who spent all his money on sweeties (san francisco) and is now starving, bah, it was worth it.
    Haha tell me about it, them sweets are bloody moorish. Doubt I can do florence, though it depends when it is exactly..

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Members who have read this thread: 25