United Kingdom - Page 197

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 197 of 351 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,910 of 10513

Thread: United Kingdom

Thanks
    Bloody hell... another international TD...

Ah well, memories of Agincourt! Conjure the spirit of Henry V and let's have at them! Longbows and billhooks all round!

Mid.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    congrats to everyone that got their TD in.

Petey, I would most definatley be up for a bit of frenchy whippin'

That also spawned the most ridiculous of idea off too - wait for it...
    THE FIRST CONCEPTART.ORG WORLD NATION ARMY LAST MAN STANDING THUNDERDOME CUP where ENTIRE nations join together and fight other nations until just 2 nations remain. Both enter.. only one will surviveee !! bwahah
    kinda like the world cup but with art and blood and stuff teehee

anyway.

Eri

Thanks
    A world cup does sound like a good idea. How'd it be sorted though? Country of Origin? That'd be the most fair for a start. Though of course the kiwis wouldn't make it past the group stage But it'd definitely be cool to see Marco with the Germans, HPX with the French, and alla you lot. The kiwis would get Rusty and schlo-mo I guess, so that's not so bad It'd come down to the yanks and the French, I reckon.

Pete, yeah, you've missed the festivities, mate. There's been a hell of a lot of them though. Still having farewell dinners and lunches and shit till the second I leave. I honestly have no shot at really getting my packing done in time, but fuck it, I'll just fill some black sacks up with shit and ditch it I guess. Adam, Cai, if either of you want any of those toys, PLEASE COME AND GET THEM. There's bugger all chance I'm taking them with me.

I will probably have a few drinks round my place on Thursday night, in an attempt to be tired on the flight (come on max strength night time flu drugs hehehe) so I can sleep before I get there and have to be up for 3 days for Insomania. Molly, Cai, Adam, Pete if you're about, get in touch if you think you can make it.

Gonna miss you lot.

Thanks
    What, no hospitality night out?

Thanks
    Dude, I know. I'm outta here too fast!

Thanks
    Shit im off to wales for a bit and I dont know how long i'll be. Im leaving tonight but I'll do my best to see if i can make it back for thursday afternoon.
    You're gonna be sorely missed dude.

Thanks
    oooh which bit? actuallee all of wayals is luvleee hehe
    and actually raining constantly these days
    i say these days i mean every day

Thanks
    newport and with that im off

Thanks
    You're coming to Newport?? o.O Gimme a call if you wanna hang out, unless out have other plans (most likely).

Chris: Gonna miss ya! Don't stray away from us, time zones or no time zones

Last edited by Quicksilver; December 12th, 2006 at 01:40 PM.
    Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    congrats on the nice TD pieces... you guys totally inspire the heck out of CATL sketch group

great job folks!
    applause

Thanks
    I have the most amazng luck in the world

i had my driving test today right,
    my instructor couldnt take me down coz his wife was having an operation this morning so he leant me his car and nan sat by the side of me as i drove down so my instructor wasnt there to do anything about this now my examiner turned up then right, this woman Jane and she told me to just go sit in the car
    and she was like scrutinising my instructors car front and back, there was nothing on like no lights or anything anway so i dont know what she was looking at, and she was writing all these notes then she got in the car and asked me what do you need to make sure about tyres which is so vague and is an incorrect question , you either ask about pressure, or checking the tread etc but i answered all 3 things anway
    then she goes to me, the baby seat in the back has to be clipped in with the seat belt incase it hits one of us
    it was bloody clipped in about 3 other places, so i thought fine and i clipped it in. then she said ok then can you please leave the test centre and turn left, i turned left and seriously like 2 feet later she told me to pull into the left .i pulled in, and then she didnt say anything and just sat there with her hand pointing diagonally left
    i was like, ok do you want me to pull forward a bit more she said yes please. so i pulled forward, then she was like can you pull in tighter please and more forward
    so i did
    then she goes
    right im not going to continue with this test, theres a very strong smell of exhaust fumes, and i have asthma so im not going to continue
    i was like what the hell, are you serious ( i didnt say that though)
    so i had to walk back to the test centre with her she left my car there then she started to give nan all this shit about she knew exactly what has happened the 'gasket has a leak and its seeping through the system into the main cabin area'
    which is absolute shit
    then she walked off to the office i was just standing there devastated like. then the other instructors came out to see what had happened, and they were like this has never happened before and the one went to get the car for me
    so he left reversed the car, revved it like hell to check if there was anything wrong and he said he couldnt smell absolutely anything. me and nan were in it all morning and couldnt smell anything .we then even checked under the bonnet and the back, and there was no smell but there was nothing i could do, you cant even get a second opinion by another examiner because after 5 minutes your test becomes void

so i had to drive back home then i left a message for my instructor then, as his phone was off as he was in the hospital
    on top of everything for him like this is so unneccesary

as soon as he found out he was absolutely livid, sooo mad, he took his car straight away to a garage had loads of tests on it ( its a new car for christs sake ) out of his own money
    and
    theres shit all wrong with the car
    sooo straight away he went to the test centre to see fran james the chief examiner there, to complain and kick up a stink
    hes making sure its getting sorted, its even got to the chief examiner of south east wales
    theres letters of complaints going here there and everywhere, its being taken very seriously
    its possible she could lose her job- this woman has done it to my instructor about 2 years ago with his last car which was a clio, and there was nothing wrong with that car
    ill get a new test booked for me free hopefully some time next week but i hope they fucking fire that wench

and thats my story for the day

edit: oh and also my sister and a bus full of students were abducted today by the driver there was a problem on the bus yesterday with some boys messing around, but today when the bus was about half way from usk to newport, he swung the bus round and started going back the other direction towards the college, he wouldnt tell anyone where he was going, and wouldnt stop to let anyone off, he was sppeding like hell going 60 in a 30/40 zone, and he zoomed straight past the college, everyone was really scared coz they didnt know what the hell he was going to do, and he wouldnt let anyone off, and he went to cwmbran and just left them on the bus, walked off and said i dont care what the hell you do im going home, the police are involved now!!

christ the lives of the court sisters are never boring!

Last edited by lefran; December 13th, 2006 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks
    bizzare lucky day Fran!

Dr CM Wong
    Director
    Opus Artz - Digital Art For The Entertaintment Industry

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    yeah i hope you detect the sarcasm there lol

sooo so mad and sorry for the random derailing of the thread...not that it was ever railed lol

Last edited by lefran; December 13th, 2006 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks
    Jeez Fran, you have the worst luck with your driving tests! I hope you have better luck next time!

The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lefran
    christ the lives of the court sisters are never boring!
    Aye...o_o; Here's hoping the next test runs smoother (and to the finish line...)

Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    bloody hell fran - you must be due a landslide of good luck surely !

good work with the thunderdome's everyone - cheers for posting everything up badger.

and congratulations christian - bummer i only got to chat to you once ! haha... no doubt our paths will cross again online tho.

gah - i might as well contribute to the crap luck stories as well, i got up the other day to find that some idiot had tried to steal my car in the night (it's a crappy old renault 5 for god's sake ! - how desperate are these people !?) and had used a crowbar to get in, which meant the door was bent out at a 45 degree angle...hmph.

didn't look THAT bad tho til i got in the car and found that they'd also used a crowbar to break the steering lock...which kinda backfired on them and ended up bending the steering column, so now the car's been written off.

crap timing, was two days before my birthday dammit ! and i've just had to fork out for a new car right before christmas *snif*...which means tiny tim won't be getting any presents....*snif*

heheh...

i'm still in shock that anyone would actually try and steal something that old - and when i tried to report it, it took me a WEEK to actually get to speak to the police and they had a go at me for not reporting it earlier ! doooh !

ok ok...rant over...

Thanks
    ah man that sucks
    people tend to go for older cars as they dont tend to have automated alarm systems, and certain models are easier to break into that others such as corsas for example, with the certain pressure and weigh applied in the right place, you can bend the door right back and get in. Also older cars are easier to dump when theyre done with them, you steal a new car your more likely to get noticed, and your not exactly gonna want to dump it either- ergo more chance in getting caught
    that sucks though!

Thanks
    Well I think I just figured out who jacked your car...

Thanks
    you promised you wouldnt tell

Thanks
    yeah you've got some inside knowledge going on, I'm gonna keep an eye out for burnt out cars at the next meet - and we all thought you got the train !

Thanks
    Fran. You are the unluckiest person I know of when it comes to driving tests.

That is just unbelievable. Sounds like that examiner was drunk or just wanted a longer lunch break, and that is really shameful. I hope something happens about it, because at the very least she just cheated you out of another 50 quid.

I'm sure next time will be the one! Your due some luck =D

Thanks
    just reading that story makes me angry. people who abuse their power should be shot. lots.

Thanks
    Christian: yeah, I'll defo be up for some last minute beerage. I need an excuse to get out of my works Christmas man disco. A bunch of paunchy, sweaty programmers dancing round their Wiis. No ta.

Fran: that's grim

Pierre

Thanks
    S'pud, DC see you then - Fran thats just fucking wrong...wot a silly bint....next time, lock her in the car and stick an extended exhaust pipe into the window...THEN she'll smell da faaking fumes...
    Mx

Thanks
    Damn, you're both having some pretty rotten luck!

Just finished shipping most of my stuff off to san fran. Gotta pack my actual bags now... should probably remember to eat today as well

Hope you're all enjoying your Thursday

Thanks
    Oh, Spud, just saw your comment. Well, here's my address:

86 Mysore Road
    Battersea
    SW11 5SA

It looks like I might be all done packing before too long, so we might head out, not sure. But my number's still 077 9360 6466 for now - give me a shout if you're gonna make it.

Thanks
    DC, Moo, looks like TheBrave'll be coming too. Btw, yeah, lets go to a pub. My Battersea born and bred buddy (how's that for alliteration? ) says The Latchmere and Falcon are good watering holes, but you knew that already, right?

What time should we turn up j'think?

Spuddles

Thanks
    Oh nice one. I was hoping you'd invite more Christians along

BTW, already had a few. And some off them were Leffe...

Thanks
    thanks for all your agreed hatred! ill get a test for free, just waiting for them to call me to let me know when, i hope its soon

its tomorrow your off right christian? awww
    have an awesome time and send me some sweet tarts ^__^theyre the best sweets ever!!!( not literal tarts that are sweet, might cost a bit on the plane ticket haha)
    damn you
    have a great time dudeee

Last edited by lefran; December 14th, 2006 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks
    I was just about to say goodby and good luck Christian, BUT the latchmere and the flacon are about 5 - 10 mins walk from my house! Assuming you guys are still there when i get back from work ill pop down and buy you a beer or three

Page 197 of 351 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 247 297 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 19