Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts

Community-meeting/Workshop in Germany (everybody from around the world is welcome !)

Hi there,

Ill cut straight to the point, I would like to actually see/meet some of you guys and gals and exchange some knowledge and love on the way
    I know I wrote "German Community-meeting" but everyone would be welcome (in fact it would be pretty cool to see guys from all around the globe ^^ ) its just that I thought most of you wont travel thousands of kilometers to get to Germany ^^

I had in mind to gather up some people and start planning to organize a community-meeting. This is the first step so nothing decided yet its really just to ask around if there is a need/ interest for/in such a thing and to find some people to rely on to start this up.

The plan would be to first find a city/date most of us can agree on, than to get some ideas together what to do and how long it should be, find a place to be, maybe there will be some financial stuff involved etc. you know the usual stuff.

so for now this is it. SPREAD THE WORD to your friends ! get them all in here !
    Seb

If you want to contact me send me a PM or an E-Mail : Jamatetsu@yahoo.de (topic "German Community-Meeting 2011" )

P.S. sorry for my horrible English-skills

EDIT:
    THINGS TO DO :
    1.WE NEED MORE PEOPLE
    2.Figure out which date would be possible
    3.What would everyone of you like to do
    4. More things for the "to do list"
    Last edited by Partisan; May 5th, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Da es ein deutsches Comm treffen werden soll bin ich mal so frei auch hier in Deutsch zu schreiben

Interesse wäre aufjedenfall da!
    Jedoch zeitlich und sehr Ortsabhängig.
    Ich meinerseits wohne in Trier, liegt an der Grenze zu Luxemburg.
    Da ich selbst auch erst 16 bin ist es schwer für mich einfach mal für 2-3 Tage nach Berlin zu fahren, vorallem da ich ja auch noch Schule habe, ...

Von daher müsste man einfach mal absprechen wie wo und was.
    Aber erstmal abwarten wie die Interesse besteht

Thanks
    also ich wär auch dabei

ich wär allerdings dafür mindestens ein ganzes wochenende zu organisieren, sonstkommt einfach gar keine gemütlichkeit rein..

bezogen auf die örtlichkeiten wär mir persönlich köln/aachen am liebsten,hierwohne ich ist ja aucheinigermaßen "zentral"

ansonsten kenn ichnoch eine coole jugendherberge in der ich mit meinen bands öfters mal ganze wochen gewohnt hab, die haben da nämlich seperate übungs/konferenz7seminarräume - zugünstigen preisen und halbpension - das ganze wär allerdings in mittlehessen (wetzlar, in der nähe ~80km von frankfurt am)

Thanks
    Köln klingt ganz cool.
    Da hätte ich zumindest auch die Möglichkeit / Hoffnung zu kommen.

Grüße

Thanks
    Im interested am I what your looking for though?
    FEEL FREE TO BASH OR LIKE MY SKETCHBOOK (either or is great fer me)
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Hey Leute, also ich für meinen Teil wär auch sehr interessiert, hab da mit Sebastian schon paar mal drüber geredet. Ich komm aus Pirmasens, ungefähr 30 km von Kaiserslautern weg. Wetzlar wär natürlich nicht so weit, Köln ginge vllt auch noch. Berlin dann eben mit nem Billigflieger

Bei mir kommts natürlich auch auf alles Mögliche an. Aber ich denk, wenn der Termin in den Schul-/Semesterferien liegt und man sich genügend Zeit nimmt das alles zu planen, dann funktioniert die ganze Sache auch. xbert hat mit der Wochenendidee eigentlich auch recht. Von mir aus Freitags Abends bis Sonntag morgen oder so.

Ich persönlich hab kein Auto und bin somit auch auf die Bahn angewiesen.
    Na da bin ich mal gespannt hier

LG,
    Flo

Thanks
    Ill stick to English maybe someone who doesn't speak German actually stumbles upon this thread ^^

the most important thing right now is actually to spread the word and get everybody you know in this thread because we only can start to make decision when there is a reasonable amount of people to vote for something you know ? Plus I don't think it would be a cool experience with just 4 guys sitting around I (personally) think we should plan on getting about 15-20 people ( at least ) before starting of with the real planning. Because it wont be of any help to decide for cologne or some other city if 90% of the people cant make it there.

Other things to think about ( and we actually can discuss this right away ) is what we wanna do. I do have to admit I am not a huge fan of JUST sitting around, when there is a possibility to actually learn something and get to make art together. So we do need ( imho ) some sort of a activity to cover the day time (workshops, life-painting in front of an audience maybe by some really experienced guy, sketchgroups stuff like that ...and I think we can manage to incorporate hanging out into the evenings and nights ^^ and DON'T PANIC I am not a spoil-sport if the majority says no to the activity part I wont fight to the death for it ) ...think about it ^^

so long
    Seb
    Last edited by Partisan; May 3rd, 2011 at 11:16 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Partisan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Definitiv interessiert, trotz engem Zeitplan wegen Studium.

But I think having an "activity" would be beneficial. Does anybody know places with a good/cheap lifedrawing course? What about those "Dr. Sketchy" things. I heard that they're quite fun, but I don't know what cities they're held in in Germany. Other than that I only know of Markos recently established lifedrawing sessions in his sixmorevodka-studio in Berlin.

Thanks
    Generelles Interesse am Mitmachen besteht. Falls es was in Berlin/Umgebung wird, kann ich vllt sogar Organisatorisches beisteuern.

Thanks
    auch von mir ein generelles Interesse, lebe im Moment in München, komme aber eigentlich aus der Nähe von Dortmund.

Mir scheint es sind alle quer durch Deutschland verstreut

for the activity kind of thing, life drawing, outside sketching, anatomy or whatever would be fun and tons of stuff to learn for everybody i guess.. yeah so, maybe we need to spread the word far more and we'll see what comes.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to syrez For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 394 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Ill stick to English maybe someone who doesn't speak German actually stumbles upon this thread ^^

the most important thing right now is actually to spread the word and get everybody you know in this thread because we only can start to make decision when there is a reasonable amount of people to vote for something you know ? Plus I don't think it would be a cool experience with just 4 guys sitting around I (personally) think we should plan on getting about 15-20 people ( at least ) before starting of with the real planning. Because it wont be of any help to decide for cologne or some other city if 90% of the people cant make it there.

Other things to think about ( and we actually can discuss this right away ) is what we wanna do. I do have to admit I am not a huge fan of JUST sitting around, when there is a possibility to actually learn something and get to make art together. So we do need ( imho ) some sort of a activity to cover the day time (workshops, life-painting in front of an audience maybe by some really experienced guy, sketchgroups stuff like that ...and I think we can manage to incorporate hanging out into the evenings and nights ^^ and DON'T PANIC I am not a spoil-sport if the majority says no to the activity part I wont fight to the death for it ) ...think about it ^^

so long
    Seb
    I would love to come despite being British, but don't have the money at the moment for travel or anything.

On the things to do front, you guys could go to a Zoo or something, you know, use what is free and already there. When I went to Frankfurt a couple of years ago, they had a great Zoo, don't know about Köln though. Just an idea.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Choob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I would be generally interested, the question for me is when and where it would take place. I'm living near Frankfurt am Main, that would also make a nice location and is more or less "central".
    And I would love to have some activities to do. Invite some artists who have the time, life drawings, portfolio/sketchbook critics. The Made Symposium had some pretty cool activities.
    Last edited by .empyrean.; May 8th, 2011 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks
    Hell yeah empyrean told it. Take your eyes on THAT video. I love that SO MUCH. Pretty inspiring.

Thanks
    Ill try to get in contact with Marko Djurdjevic this week

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Partisan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks
    I'm one of those non-German speakers. Anyway, this sounds like a fun idea, and I'd love to go to geek out with other artists/ art appreciators. Having some people come over for discussions sounds great too.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well, sounds interesting.
    I don't have time for another month and a half, but this sounds like a very cool opportunity
    I'd love to see it more up north, but I guess if you're all rather southern, I guess it can't be helped
    Sketchbook
    Now crit the shit out of me!

Thanks
    still trying to contact Marko Djurdjevic every day , no answer so far .

Thanks
    I´d be interested , since i don´t have any plans for this summer...and meetings are always fun.
    living in south west i´d prefer something central in germany, berlin is far far away :/

Thanks
    hey that is the best idea this year^^.i`d be interested.berlin or frankfurt main would be the best because of the airport.maybe some people can come with a car (i could) so we have to figure out where everybody is coming from when we have enough people
    sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

More Works at My Blog
    My Concept Art Sketchbook

Thanks
    Meeeeh!
    How is it guys? ^^

Thanks
    Marko doesnt answers my mails will be in Berlin in 2 weeks ( i think ) trying to command all my courage and to go to his studio talking to himself

Thanks
    Cool plans are going on here! I would be interested in a meeting to, even if I don't know if I have time in the next months. But I would prefer a city hat is more or less central, Berlin is really far away from where I live. That'll be expensive for me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 771 Posts
    This is actually a good idea. I'm Dutch, so coming to Germany won't be that much of a hassle.
    Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --

Thanks
    so havent reached Marko in Berlin but I found out that there are a few alternatives:

digital art forum is planning for 2011
    http://www.digitalartforum.de/forum/...hp?t=4437&sid=

and the guys over at KITCHEN plan on doing one as well
    http://wecookart.com/forum/viewtopic...t=782&start=10

so all the news for now

Thanks
    any news here?
    maybe we could arrange something in fall/winter

Thanks
    One day something interesting will happen in Australia. AND I DON'T MEAN YOU CDWA. You expensive git you.

One day Miramar will come back. Please...

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 755 Posts
    I remember there were some small CA meetings in germany few years ago. I would be interested in this. No bigger plans right now.

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    if i happen to be in germany around that time i would join for sure.
    Would love to see the awesome Kitchen people

And if any of you ever happen to be in Thailand, don't be shy, send me a PM.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    If it were happening in Cologne, Bonn, Düsseldorf or somewhere in that area, I'm sure I'd make time to come!

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

"Limited drawing skills are OK if they are offset by a fearless commitment to putting images on paper."

"I mean, What is a chair? It's an anti-gravity device." Glen Keane

"The difficult part is continuously realizing when you've stopped enjoying the process, and re-aligning yourself. It's kind of like meditation/being an art ninja..." ceddo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast