Sketchbook: AshGUTZ's scratches.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow AshGUTZ's scratches.

I am an artist from Florida. I want to design items and avatars for video games, my art would do nice in a kid's flash game or site.

Cover: Featured piece of the moment.
    Post order: chronological from oldest to newest.

If you like my sketchbook, or any other person's, be sure to "Go to advanced" commenting. Scroll down a bit from the dialog box and tick the box for "Rate this thread", cast your rating. After you've entered your comments when hit the submit button.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by AshGUTZ; January 11th, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dudette your drawings are rockin!!! \m/

Last edited by Silent-samurai87; May 6th, 2011 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Thank you very much both of you for the kind words about my first post! Thanks to staying well ahead in courses i found time to try out my new toy and get a new sketch for the book. I have been drawing so many Undead inspired sketches lately because of six year love for my Undead Mage in my game. I actually did this one just toying around in the program that came with my EEE Slate EP121 called Art Rage Studio.

Edit: 10/09/2011 I am adding all the images I used to have as the first post into this post. I decided to turn the first post into my "cover".

Last edited by AshGUTZ; October 9th, 2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Making sketchbook changes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been meaning to throw this concept on paper for so long, Seth happens to be one of my favorite history story book characters including Cleopatra and Medusa. I just love the concept of a strong sexy woman under Seth's mask. Through this together just before my final today.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lately it's been all about inspiration, this was just one of the few of my recent sketches. Inspired by the oversized helmet my Goblin Priest was sporting in World of Warcraft. What I would give to be a video game character designer, one day!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why thank you plion for the kind words. That one was inspired by my play in lucky animals like the lucky cats you see in many oriental food shops but rather than a cat a shark. :o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow

So I'm still being highly motivated by my World of Warcraft characters to sketch concepts. This was another inspired by my Goblin Priest much like the last, placed this as my first in a new sketchbook. After the dreaded error from Photoshop that all us artists dedicating days in Photoshop never want to see... I decided I need to keep leaning towards traditional work. Blast you technology, ah wells all us artists can recreate anything we lose.. quite a gift. Bless!

Last edited by AshGUTZ; June 13th, 2011 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Thought I'd share a sketch from this afternoon and thanks to my mate Levi for some inspiration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry

It's been a long while since I've updated due to a move, still sketching like crazy but I've got no great means of photographing or scanning my work at the moment. Still hope someone enjoys my scratches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Another one for the books!

Inspired by a game I've been playing lately with a mouse race that doesn't allow females - a girl can dream about her character looking this way!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are really awesome. I live the variety of lines you are using. Are you converting to digital? I see a lot of starts on photoshop. I know for me the biggest transition from pencil to PS was color and value. Clearly you have a better understanding of value than I do. Interested to see where you go with all this!

"Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpug View Post
    These are really awesome. I live the variety of lines you are using. Are you converting to digital? I see a lot of starts on photoshop. I know for me the biggest transition from pencil to PS was color and value. Clearly you have a better understanding of value than I do. Interested to see where you go with all this!
    I actually started out using a Wacom tablet and digital ink first but then when I started getting into traditional work for sake of selling my art and my tattoo apprenticeship I realized I was unable to draw (it can happen!) So I've put down my tablet and I've been forcing myself to do traditional work. Lately I'm trying to get myself focusing on shapes, relation of space, value, and color theory. I don't go to school nor do I have the funds to so at this point I just kind of guide myself with observation. ><; I also don't have a scanner so all my images right now are taken with my cell phone. X_X

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

It's not often I do "traditional" pieces but this was an acrylic piece I find myself very proud of. An old mate of mine got me addicted to English Bulldogs a few months back. I hope everyone enjoys these chunky faces as much as I do.

Last edited by AshGUTZ; August 6th, 2011 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

I've had so many of my mates tell me they didn't know they could "navigate" my website to my store or my information about hiring me. These are the icons I've created for a navigational revamp, much more fun to the eyes I think. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do!

www.ashgutz.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

Still sketching every day, doing lots of custom requests like these lately.

Bettie Page done "Día de los Muertos".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Been getting lots of custom requests about zombies, this was one of those.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Lately I've been drawing more than ever thanks to my tattoo apprenticeship, things are looking up wonderfully and I'm very blessed as of late. Hope everyone enjoys viewing.

The last request there is exactly what you think.. that is a tattoo design for a Unicorn throwing up rainbows and crapping cupcakes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm very excited about my art lately.

I've been putting so much time into my art lately. I have begun my career as a tattoo artist (certified in Hesperia California), and I'm still a body piercer as well. Things are going great and I can't complain about a thing.

This piece was inspired by Ponyo, the sketch was from a few years back and it's actually crazy how different it originally looked.. I was really excited to get this one all done and posted online.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Still doing plenty of tattoo work but spitting out digital sketches when I can, I actually made a time lapse for this little guy which you can find at my Youtube channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygo-EWdSno8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow SO MOTIVATED!

After going to Blizzcon for the first time this year (and having wanted to every past one) I am even more WoW Inpsired with my art than I was before. I was stuck at the booth for the Artist's Stage live drawing both days and got as many signatures from artists I could.

I will never stop studying and teaching myself what I can, I won't let things like the inability to afford college slow me down.

Visit my sketchbook by clicking here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Neat little goblin type creature! Good to hear that you're not letting no college slow you down. A lot of great artists are self-taught and you definitely have the talent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much Akki for the kind words, you work is awesome and I'm glad you feel the same way I do about college! Though I would still love to one day get a scholarship or something and continue seeking higher education, it's an addiction of mine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

So I'm still really motivated after going to Blizzcon year and I'm really wanting to get a lot of fantasy work together especially all my concepts for original characters.

I did this one up in Adobe Photoshop and ended up streaming the video of my desktop live during the process on my art channel with Livestream.

Inspired by a post-it thumbnail sketch I did awhile back, I've got this obsession with Satyrs. Love the idea of a more trickster type with her flute trying to seduce.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool

I'm thinking for Halloween I should be allowed to go as "The girl with the panda backpack" illustrated character I did. :3

I do actually always wear a panda on my back and I've included a small attachment of my logo I designed and vectored a long while back for business cards and the like.

The illustration was done in Adobe PS. The card was vectored in Adobe Illustrator.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool Tattooing away!

These past few weeks have been so crazy, and I was told by a friend " I can't believe you haven't blogged about your tattooing adventure yet."

This sketch is rather rough and it's a concept I drew up for a client. This has been an awesome project and two days ago we did the third (last line art) session so now it's like a awesome coloring book on my mate's back. We're keeping the tattoo black and white, and I want to pull out the darkest values into the effect you see on those sculpted buildings with the hollowed out arcs. I'll end up bring out some cracks and all. Funny thing is this friend of mine has no other body modifications and is a pretty average Joe, he just wanted a back piece from and I quote "a professional person that truly has a passion for art." I really liked when he told me he never sees me without my drawing pad. He had a really particular idea and a great personal meaning behind this one so it's been a great experience all around, drawing up his idea and having him really connect with it.

Life has been really good as you could guess. I need to update with a picture of the tattoo because I think it's even better than the sketch! Can't wait to start shading sessions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

I got some inspiration when someone asked me about drawing an elven ranger.

Colored pencils and a #2 mech on graph paper, had lots of fun with this one.

Sorry for loss of detail I have no scanner so the cell phone picture had to do.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

I'm still drawing as much as ever, and I wanted to share a progress shot of the digital piece I'm working on. This image is referenced for the female model but NOT traced, so far it's been two full time days I've been working on this one. I'm still putting my spin on it by adding a snake to the original concept. I hope you guys enjoy and I can't wait to share the final piece.. very excited about this one. Really taking care on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After a lot of pushing around digital paint I have finished the first of what I feel is a new chapter in my artist life, after going to Blizzcon 2011 and meeting Mark Gibbons I have been fueled to destroy all blockades in my way. He told me what I've always known in my heart .. how I didn't "need" school I could simply look at him.
    Man had a pure soul, a rich heart, and one hell of a smile. I hope to grow into an artist half that man is.
    Krista thank you very much for inspiring me with your style and photograph, I'll gladly credit you and the original photographer with links.
    I can only ask a million times this is not stolen, please let me sell you a signed print of your very own. Funny thing is knowing this has the chance to be seen by just one other human on this earth, better yet appreciated, is a just reward in itself for me.
    Not like I'm not doing art all day every day anyways.
    Keep drawing everyone, keep studying, we can do anything we put our minds to. We build the world around us, we create the lives we live.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1