Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    worked a bit more on the lines

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please, check my SKETCHBOOK and leave feedback. I want to improve!
    "Little by little, one travels far."
    - J. R. R. Tolkien
    -----
    Don't forget to check their sketchbooks as well:
    Aragah
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    quick environment thing before going to bed, re-watching Beastly, I'll finish this one tomorrow :]

- J. R. R. Tolkien
    -----
    Aragah

Thanks
    lame updates, just got home from work so I won't be uploading much as I wanted to.
    Advanced a bit on Aurora and the Beastly screencap study thing.

- J. R. R. Tolkien
    -----
    Aragah

Thanks

It's been a while!

So, I'll bring you updates, I've been trying to work more with my new mechanical pens and stuff btw, I discarded the warrior girl, after some armor studies it just lost it's sens to me. I'm working on an african/Shaman profile girl instead, just started it, I guess it'll be done by late night.

- J. R. R. Tolkien
    -----
    Aragah

Thanks
    Few hands studies from last night and my finished "Shaman" portrait.
    I must study more.

- J. R. R. Tolkien
    -----
    Aragah

Thanks
    cool studies, keep it up woman.
    are you using any anatomy study book?

"Many of life's failures are the people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    -Thomas Edison

Concept Art Sketchbook - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=219673

http://kimozabbi.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Hi ChisLu, you've got a really great sketchbook so far, lots of studies!

You are showing lots of improvment, especially with your figure / anatomy studies. However you need to focus on the forms and shapes of the body parts in your personal drawings, for example the warrior in post #133 the arms are almost just one long shape, which looks a little 'sausagey'. She may not be miss'muscle but you still need to describe the forms of the elbow joint and the different muscles, especially in her right arm that she is leaning on, since there would be a lot of tension there, meaning the muscles would be more apparent. The best way to get improve this is to do more anatomy studies from books such as Andrew Loomis (free downloads here) George Bridgeman or any other anatomy books. Draw arms over and over again, uysing the drawings in the books as reference, draw heads over and over, legs over and over. The great things about these books is that they help you to focus on the shape and forms and usually offer a way to simplify and break them down in simpler forms in order to remember how to construct them better. Also you must use reference whilst you are drawing, even if its a personal sketch, this allows you to not imagine things and actually makes you realise how things look - even the best artists can't remember how everything in life looks from memory. This doesn't mean just find a photo and copy it, you can use tens or hundreds of photos as reference for one image, just referencing small parts of each image.

Another thing is those spheres in post #128 they are looking very flat. This is because the neccessary light and shadow isn't there in order to sell the form. There are certain aspects of light that need to be present in order to make the sphere appear '3d' and round, here is a good chart that shows the different aspects of light. You basically need the core light (strongest hilight closest to the light source) the midtones (where the light and shadow transition) the core shadow (the darkest part of the objects, which is blocked by the light) and then the reflected light (the light that bounces off of the surfaces nearby into the shadow areas and lastly the cast shadow (this helps to ground the object into it's environment) - these will never be as strong as the hilights). The best way to learn this is to do lots of still lifes of simple objects that are the basic forms (sphere, cube, pyramid, cone) such as an apple. But you've got to really analyse how the light is reacting with the object in order to get the most out of it, so that you can use these principles in your own paintings to bring them to life.

I hope that helps, you are doing great so far keep it up!

Thanks
    I really like those pencil studies, you seem to be getting the hang out of poses real quick although it may not seem so to you at first.
    "Little by little, one travels far." this quote speaks for itself, but I think you sometimes make giant steps without noticing them.
    Keep your head up and keeping drawing lady!

Gluck!

Thanks
    Wow, thank you guys so much for coming here, you have no idea how much this means to me.
    @kimozabbi It's kinda weird to answer that, I use myself as for anatomy studies and sometimes my dad lol I'm getting anatomy books this week.
    @glaudarien I'm so grateful for you coming and leave such amazing tips to me, I'll definitely pay more attention to that, my anatomy books will be arriving this week, I'll do some photostudies for now, and yeah, they looked really flat I guess I just didn't paid to much attention to that.
    @Kerah You're very kind, thank you.

- J. R. R. Tolkien
    -----
    Aragah

Thanks
    Your anatomy is improving quite a bit though I'm particularly fond of your faces, they've character, keep working hard, you're doing great.

Thanks
    @Invalid User: Thanks a lot :]
    So for now I have some arms studies and a screencap study from the movie "Bruna Surfistinha", I spent 1 hour in it, so it's not that pretty.

- J. R. R. Tolkien
    -----
    Aragah

Thanks
    You should do more pencil drawings, I belive they will also help you improve with your digital work.

Some of the faces are a bit off; i.e: the blond girl on the bottom of page 4 - here left eye is way off in the left side and the lip line should be just a little bit under the nose. Still, otherwise this is one of your best drawings so far in my opinion and shows improvment and potential. I like the skin tone and the sub-zero coming from the colour tones.

All the best,

Check out my SB and please leave a comment or something

Thanks
    On the last screencap, try clumping the hair into bigger forms instead of strands.

And for the arms, maybe try drawing them bigger? They look kind of small, and putting two on a page instead of 10 can be a helpful exercise.

Keep working, and make sure you submit for the golden boy (girl?)

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2