Art: Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Obligatory Cthulhu idol I've been working on recently. Nearly complete.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Critters! Dinosaurs! Lovecraftian horrors! ~~~~~> My creature sculpting thread!
    The Savage Goldfish Blog

"I started to see human beings as little lonesome, water-based pink meat, life forms pushing air through themselves and making noises that the other little pieces of meat seemed to understand."
    -Devin Townsend
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lovely skin - funny idea with the eyes - and the wings looks as if they will match the rest of the character.
    Too few tentacles for my taste ;-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great skin details, i like the way the folds come down over the feet. Almost like demonic Pop socks but in a good way

Love, peace, Respect.....

My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=217567

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there girl...I have missed you! Good to see you are keeping a hand in it.
    Yes, I still lurk from time to time, but I have been extremely busy with my music. I have been playing at some restaurants and bars lately and have been receiving good reviews, but man...it's tough to be in that seamy lifestyle again...drunks are not amusing, and the pay sucks. The hours are long and the equipment is expensive and heavy, but at least I am getting by....I am hoping to get a job on a cruise ship soon as a lounge act....if I do I will have to take a box of sculpy with me.....keep the faith.

Mah ' Crub

Bongsplat is offline Does what it say's on the tin! Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work!

I love all the textures and the whole thing just works all together!

Earhole Bongsplat

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys! I've got the base finished, just need to complete the wings (UGH!! WINGS!!) and after it's all complete I will be casting it. As for the eyes, I took a little inspiration from Lovecraft's original sketches of Cthulhu--yes he did some drawings of octopus-head, but he is certainly no artist (you can see the sketches, and a sculpt based on them, here), however he depicted Cthulhu with 6 eyes, which I liked. And I went for a mutant Portuguese Man-o-war for a head instead of the traditional octopus.

Mah'Crub! It's good to hear from you. I haven't been around as much as I used to because my rickety old laptop crapped out on me, and though we managed to bring it back from the dead, I haven't been spending much time on the computer (lest it explode). Good to hear your music's going well, despite the drunks...I hear you about the money thing, I think we're all there. I recently had to take a crap job to help fund a new computer and, well, not starve. Good luck with finding a better venue to play at! A cruise ship doesn't sound like bad prospect.

Critters! Dinosaurs! Lovecraftian horrors! ~~~~~> My creature sculpting thread!
    The Savage Goldfish Blog

"I started to see human beings as little lonesome, water-based pink meat, life forms pushing air through themselves and making noises that the other little pieces of meat seemed to understand."
    -Devin Townsend

Members who have read this thread: 1