Thanks

This thing actually has pressure sensitivity

anyone ever heard of boogy board tablet. its a tablet with pressure sensitivity for 40.00 usd.

specs here. just curious if anyone thought it could be used for anything useful like maybe gestures or something. it does have pressure sensitivity.

http://www.amazon.com/Boogie-Board-L...3845526&sr=1-4

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'd spend my money elsewhere... buy a black board and white chalk or white pastels and you have the same thing.

Thanks
    oh well. maybe this is the sign of things to come. that perfect tablet is out there somewhere. someone just has to get off their butt and make it happen.

Thanks
    I hope for a portable wacom tablet. Thin like the ipad, but A4 in size and capable of running PS on it's own... and a big hard drive... it's impossible

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vari View Post
    I hope for a portable wacom tablet. Thin like the ipad, but A4 in size and capable of running PS on it's own... and a big hard drive... it's impossible
    The ipad was 'impossible' a few years ago. We might have lots of affordable and convenient tablet goodies to choose from in the not-so-distant future!

Here's hoping a 21x Cintiq costs £100 in 2015

Thanks
    why a hard drive? just send it to a dropbox, or usb drive.
    you can have an OS in a usb drive, so it not really an issue of space. But it's more of an issue or weather or thieves.
    *** Sketchbook and other stuff ***

Flashback's SB

Anatomy Atlas

Digital Galleries

Visit & Support:
    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

Thanks
    I bought myself a white board so I could easily play with posing figures and doing concept design or composition in a traditional method. I may not have ctrl-z but I can swipe my hand across the board to reposition an arm or whatever. It's handy. (lol handy)
    My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

Thanks
    I dunno...microSD cards are getting pretty crazy capacity-wise. I think we could see something like this very soon.

Thanks
    Provided it's not your primary device (or you are a relatively conservative user) - we have the technology, easily. Only thing I'm not certain on would be battery life and heat dissipation (though I wager we have the tech for those, in the affordable range).

Just considering it, I don't see why they couldn't make a Wacom Cintiq12WX style tablet PC that would sell for under $2k USD (assuming probably that it would come with a 60-128GB SSD, 4+GB RAM, etc. - basically a competitive midrange laptop quality)... SSD being an important part, since it's an art tablet, I don't know about you, but I tend to move a lot while drawing, so I'd rather have a SSD in it than a larger capacity HD... since you can always back it up elsewhere (though you don't always have an internet connection to do it with).

Yes, the size is smaller than A4 (bigger than A5 though), and not a huge HD...but it's possible and feasible - bump it up to $3-4k USD, and they could make what you're wanting, but that won't sell well in the mainstream market
    Last edited by Alzorath; April 27th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
    Alzorath's Sketchbook

I support sketchbooks! - Subscribed to, and by:
    White Rose's Sketchbook | Matsign's Sketchbook