Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    I like the alien and reptile-human hybrid. Maybe try another version of the reptilian looking creature with a more bird-like skeleton or less-human proportions? Right now the body is quite human looking so it's making it seem like a person wearing a mask.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tb0ne View Post
    I like the alien and reptile-human hybrid. Maybe try another version of the reptilian looking creature with a more bird-like skeleton or less-human proportions? Right now the body is quite human looking so it's making it seem like a person wearing a mask.
    I think a sloth/stork mix can work if I can seamlessly blend it

Thanks
    I revamped the last creature and gave it a more ape/slouched body, and garnished it with a reptilian/fish like head profile, this is almost worthy of zbrush, still gotta practice for the big one( To all viewers plz critique)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Oni No Tora and 33 sleeping demons For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    thats how to start a thread, a massive t-rex on a rampage! nice start man, love the charcoal style sketches and obveously the monster work. would be cool to see some studies of reptiles and some anatomy, i think it would do you well.

great stuff, Keep posting
    Sketchbook
    Blog
    cts.sanders@googlemail.com
    Facebook

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson

Thanks
    Very nice, this new creature head concept has a classic movie monster feel to it. The body seems much more integrated design-wise. That being said, did you rush the body? have you thought about doing a final of this before you sculpt it in Zbrush? also, before heading into zbrush or maya I'd really suggest doing some skeleton studies for this creature, I've found that when modeling/sculpting creatures I get better results when I have a clear idea of the bone structure.

Thanks
    Very nice, this new creature head concept has a classic movie monster feel to it. The body seems much more integrated design-wise. That being said, did you rush the body? have you thought about doing a final of this before you sculpt it in Zbrush? also, before heading into zbrush or maya I'd really suggest doing some skeleton studies for this creature, I've found that when modeling/sculpting creatures I get better results when I have a clear idea of the bone structure.
    Its putting the patience into the work that I have to overcome bro, the skeleton and muscles are in my head, but to put them down i gotta tear some mental walls. for the body i rushed but i wanted some mystery also to it, this won't be the model sheet, the creature will be a zbrush model, the other creature, thats the big one, I might add a creature head portrait to it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KrispyKream View Post
    Its putting the patience into the work that I have to overcome bro, the skeleton and muscles are in my head, but to put them down i gotta tear some mental walls. for the body i rushed but i wanted some mystery also to it, this won't be the model sheet, the creature will be a zbrush model, the other creature, thats the big one, I might add a creature head portrait to it.
    Then I'm going to issue you a challenge. Take one of these creature concepts, or any concept you like and develop it for at least 5 times as long what you usually would work on a drawing. Render the lighting and texture the surfaces with tones rather than lines or single dark tones describing shadows.

Thanks
    Then I'm going to issue you a challenge. Take one of these creature concepts, or any concept you like and develop it for at least 5 times as long what you usually would work on a drawing. Render the lighting and texture the surfaces with tones rather than lines or single dark tones describing shadows.
    I'm down
    Last edited by Oni No Tora and 33 sleeping demons; October 16th, 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks

doodles

A few sketches i worked on the day before

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Oni No Tora and 33 sleeping demons For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Looking good man, are you planning on creating an illustration with the creatures or are you trying to find the right pose?

I like the girl sketch as well but I wonder if the leg furthest away from us is a touch too long. I would suggest doing a quick sketch beside it within a perspective box to figure out how much or how little that leg would diminish in perspective. Also, on the shoulder if you showed the top head of the Humerus/deltoid overlapping the clavicle you could suggest more depth as the area feels a bit flat at the moment.

Thanks
    Holy crap. Your style is crazy sauce. It's like you're digging all your supplies out of dumpsters -- dried up pens and markers, old day planners to draw on, maybe a bottle of crusted-up whiteout.

I salute you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kdiegert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Looking good man, are you planning on creating an illustration with the creatures or are you trying to find the right pose?

I like the girl sketch as well but I wonder if the leg furthest away from us is a touch too long. I would suggest doing a quick sketch beside it within a perspective box to figure out how much or how little that leg would diminish in perspective. Also, on the shoulder if you showed the top head of the Humerus/deltoid overlapping the clavicle you could suggest more depth as the area feels a bit flat at the moment.
    Good eye bro, im gonna do that one again, i really like this pose, if the deltoid is more clear it would look sweet, I think if her right foot is behind the other thatd be better

no Not yet dude it hasnt reached that quality Im aiming for, i truly am aiming for concept quality demo reel, i expect nothing but im aiming
    / do color schemes for your creature

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiegert View Post
    Holy crap. Your style is crazy sauce. It's like you're digging all your supplies out of dumpsters -- dried up pens and markers, old day planners to draw on, maybe a bottle of crusted-up whiteout.

I salute you.
    lol I'm flattered, i seem to carry an eye to make things aesthetically pleasing, but I have a long way to go b4 any of this can be called art, though i don't mind aiming high and missing

Thanks
    hey cool sketches man keep studying anatomy and keep working towards making a nice final peice

19. The Following User Says Thank You to prsnsweeney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by prsnsweeney View Post
    hey cool sketches man keep studying anatomy and keep working towards making a nice final peice
    Thanks dude, as we speak i am, its a b---- to take time and draw with patience but im taking action

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast