Thanks

Looking for a specific color tutorial...

A long time ago, I came across a fairly long, and somewhat text-heavy color tutorial on DeviantArt. I thought I had it saved, but I guess not...I've forgotten the majority of what it said, sadly, but the main thing I remember is that it had some excellent tips regarding colorpicking in photoshop:

-how to find a color's grayscale equivalent when using the color picker window (this is accompanied by a small picture of the color picker window in photoshop, with a spectrum of lines drawn through it, like a graph, to demonstrate which gray tone is roughly equivalent to which section of the color window).

-finding colors using RGB sliders; what the distances between the sliders mean, etc. For example, when your rightmost and leftmost sliders are far apart, it denotes a very saturated color, and when all of them are close together the color is more desaturated. There were more examples like this, but this is the only one I can remember.

-I'm fairly certain that this person was very skilled at doing enviros, probably cityscapes? The pictures in the tutorial might have been some WIPs or a series of screenshots of a WIP. But I could be wrong ...

-Kind of bad English, but still very understandable. I think this person was Chinese or at least Asian...? I definitely remember that, toward the end, the person says something to the effect of, "well, we're all gonna die anyway, why not share the wealth [of information]".

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It was a really, really useful tutorial!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 Times in 748 Posts
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Sonea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you so much, that's exactly it! I must've spent an hour or more looking for this. Also wow, was that not originally from DA? Figures that I got it confused with something else.