The Netherlands - Page 40

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1365

Thread: The Netherlands

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey peeps, Ben and I are meeting up Sunday (tomorrow, 5th of september) in Amsterdam to go to the zoo. The weather's good, it's gonna be sunny and somewhat warm. Anyone want to join us? We're meeting at 12:00 at the entrance of artis.

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!
    Do you live near AMSTERDAM? Then join our SKETCHMEETS!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I REALLY want to go, but im not 100% sure its gonna work cause there is something else too... but Ill give Ben a call tomorrow if im gonna make it.

EDIT: allright i cant cancel the other thing so its not gonna work out for me tomorrow... sorry guys, hopefully sometime soon. can any of you guys ever go to the zoo during working hours btw?

Last edited by MaartenR; September 4th, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, too bad man. ALso, I usually can't during working hours, but I might be able to sneak a few hours of zoo sometime late in the afternoon. I'm not sure if Ben is able to do the same.

EDIT:
    Now this was a productive afternoon. I don't know what it was about today, but sketching the animals was just plain awesome, and I think I had a little breakthrough when looking at animal heads. I suddenly could picture the 3D-shapes that made up the skulls. I think the zoo visits are beginning to pay off!

Last edited by Kelp; September 5th, 2010 at 03:13 PM.
    Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, I was thinking of going to the zoo tomorrow (Sunday 3rd of October). There's gonna be a little rain, but at least it's still warm. Does anyone want to join? If so, please leave a post here. I think I'll be there at 12:30.

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    25-28 February 2011 the CA Workshop in Amsterdam!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Who's going? I'm coming from around Rotterdam. Maybe we can go together?

edit: Cancelled

Last edited by Norkagar; May 16th, 2011 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, a CA workshop in our own capital! Now this is a very cool opportunity! But I wonder if this'll be something for me, my skill level isn't that high. Or is this more of a 'beneficial for everyone' thing?

Also, I'm going to the zoo again on Sunday (october 31th). There's gonna be a little rain, I'll be drawing in the reptile house and aquarium when the rain does hit. Does anyone want to join me? I'll be at the entrance at 12:30, and with my membership I can give 4 people a 5 euro discount.

Edit:
    If you want to join, please leave a message here, then I know on who I should wait.

Last edited by Kelp; October 29th, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
    Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Even if your skill level isn't that high I would go just for the inspiration. It's not often that they host a workshop in Europe so I don't want to miss my chance. If you can afford it you should definitely go.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool, good to hear. It does sound like a really good opportunity, this symposium!

On another note, I'm going to the Tropenmuseum in Amsterdam (museum of the tropics) this Sunday, November 7th, to draw the masks, dolls and artifacts there. They have exhibitions about African, Latin American, Dutch East Indian, New Guinean and Asian art. I'm going to buy a museumcard there, which gives free access to nearly all museums in the Netherlands for a year. I plan to visit the big museums in the coming months, sometimes to draw and sometimes to see the art. A card costs 45 euro, while an average museum ticket costs more like 11.

Some I want to visit are:
    Hermitage
    van Gogh museum
    Naturalis - in Leiden, big collection of stuffed animals and skeletons
    Allard Pierson museum - Statues of ancient cultures
    Stedelijk museum
    Rijksmuseum - they're rebuilding, but the best pieces are still on display

Does anyone want to join me on Sunday? A friend of mine is also coming to draw and I'm meeting her at 12:45 in front of the museum. Museum closes at 17:00, and I don't mind coming a bit earlier if people want to spend more time there. I think I'll be a bit earlier anyway to buy that museumcard.

If you want to join, please leave a post here, then I know on whom I should wait. Hope to see you guys!

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah.. I would love to go to all of those but Amsterdam is a bit far for me.. However I really want to check out the current exhibition about Naturalism at the Van Gogh museum: Illusie en werkelijkheid (8 oktober 2010 - 16 januari 2011). Would be cool to go along with someone. When were you thinking of going there, Kelp?

Last edited by Norkagar; November 4th, 2010 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool, it sounds interesting, I definitely want to check out that exhibition. I don't know if they have any statues in the van Gogh museum, but if they do I'd also love to draw some. I'm free on most Saturdays and Sundays, good dates for me are: Sunday the 14th, Sunday the 21st, weekend of 27th/28th and weekend of 4th/5th. Would any of these work for you?

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, I'm not sure if they have any statues at the Van Gogh. They might have some casts that Vincent van Gogh studied from. I can't remember. I've only been there once before. Of course there's the Rijksmuseum and other museums right next door that I wouldn't mind going to either.

I'm basically always available so Sunday Nov.14th sounds good to me. Want to meet at the museum? At what time? 12:00?

Last edited by Norkagar; November 4th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    been to the van Gogh museum like previous week.. there is a nice exibition about the illusion of reality.. that basicly means the just paint what they saw at gigantic canvasses.

tho i haven't seen any statue's there... and how much is that Workshop gonna cost ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, sorry, I was mistaken about November the 14th, I already have an appointment then. Shall we go one week later, on November the 21st? Meeting at 12:00 sounds good to me. Do you have a museumjaarkaart? That's something of a necessity for the van Gogh, because the line for tickets these past weeks lasts like 1.5 hours. You could also order tickets online I think, not sure on that.
    And oma, what's this about a workshop? Do they have those at the van Gogh?

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    November 21st is good too... but damn. It's that crowded? Maybe because it's on the weekends.. I don't have a museumjaarkaart. I'll get a ticket online.
    I'm looking forward to it. I've been stuck at home for the past few months. Maybe some more people want to go?

oma meant the CA Workshop. The price for the previous one was around $600. Quite expensive really. I'm going to try to find a job to raise some money.

Last edited by Norkagar; November 5th, 2010 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry i have soccer on sunday.. so can't really go then.. i rather don't go on weekends too.. as i have OV only in the midweek xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Norkagar (and everyone), I'm sorry but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to cancel this van Gogh museum-trip. A very interesting job opportunity came up this weekend, and I meet all of the criteria except for knowledge about a data-processing program. That program however is similar to another program which I do know, and the entire thing can be learned in a couple of weeks. Now nothing is certain at this point, but I do want to put all my effort into this application. I'm going to use all my drawing time to study this program, so I probably won't be able to spend any Sundays drawing or visiting museums.
    If I do have a spare Sunday afternoon, I'll post it here, but don't count on me the next couple of weeks. Norkagar, maybe some other people would like to join you to the van Gogh. And if no one wants to, then I'd be happy to go in a couple of weeks.

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh. Okay. That's too bad, but I understand. Good luck with the job application.
    I hope somebody else would like to go with me. If not, I'll just go alone, which was my original plan anyway.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nobody? Where are all the Dutch people? This thread is dead...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it kinda is.. :o i think there is a pretty big group of dutch artists on facebook who gather once in a while :o might wanna check that out where in zuid holland do you live?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another dutchy here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I totally wanna see the "Illusie en werkelijkheid" in the VanGogh still. It's only up to the 16th November... so I'm thinking about this Weekend. Anyone interested?

There is also the Mucha one in Rotterdam, and the Dali there - still have to see those (Mucha ending in February).

On another note: In the Allard Piersons Museums artists are allowed to go into the attic for painting their plaster casts. I did that a couple of times, really nice - even though the time is a bit short.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 686 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
    It's only up to the 16th November...

*16th of January. Been planning to go there too but missed your post. If you didn't go yet or others still want to go - I'd love to join!
    Thats a great tip on the Allard Pierson too, is that just for painting or studies in general?

Join the SPARTAN CAMP under Community Activities
    50 Gestures and an Optional Study every week!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, unlucky timing, if you would have written one day earlier I could have joined you - but I just went there. Uh, and I have to say sorry: I wrote Mucha, but I meant Munch in Rotterdam.

So I looked it all up now - and listed the stuff in my blog. There is also the "Realisme Amsterdam" - an event for figurative art. Sounds great - just good that I checked now, I nearly missed it :/
    They even have free courses for upcoming artists.

There was also an exhibit in the Stedelijk - but I just missed it by a couple of hours before it ended.

As for the Allard Piersons: You can do whatever you want. They let you in the attic, and I usually oil painted there. Sometimes I meet artists that draw. Only thing of course: You have to keep it clean.
    They allow this on Wednesdays, from around 1 o'clock on, until closing. You have to call them before you come. It's great though, nice and quiet - and some nice casts.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas Veil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone! This very Saturday may 7th RBeek and me are going sketching in the zoo @ Blijdorp. So if there are any dutchy's still active in here and want to come along please post here or leave one of us a message, we will be waiting at the main entrance at 11 o clock in the morning! Hope to hear from you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I shouldn't have gone to Leeuwarden all the action seems to happen around Amsterdam, Rotterdam

Are there any people around Leeuwarden/Friesland?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys,

Just discovered this thread, looks good :-) Are there any meets coming up? I'd love to meet some creative guys and girls from the Netherlands (I'm from Hilversum).

Gonna keep an eye open here.

--

http://lifemachine84.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just found this thread.
    So... are there any people here near Utrecht?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think most ppl are sushy im not though,, but a meeting is in the works for somewgere in the 2 upcomming weeks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is great that this thread is still alive. It is time for me to join some meetings, learn some new skills and meet creative people. I hope I can join next time.

Groetjes, Rene

MY ART
    -Sketchbook
    -My blog

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 35