The Netherlands - Page 38

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1352

Thread: The Netherlands

Thanks
    Hey peepz, the zoo trip was a success, there were three of us and we spend the entire afternoon sketching animals. Results are up in the final post in my sketchbook! So Benzo and I decided we want to have regular meetings on Sundays, going once every two weeks to artis and the other half of the time to cafe's in Amsterdam. Next meeting is upcoming Sunday at 13:00 at cafe/restaurant Vapiano at the main library in Amsterdam. (right next to central station) Lots of people, good lighting and a really good compose-your-own-pasta kitchen. Join us!

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!
    Do you live near AMSTERDAM? Then join our SKETCHMEETS!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    good to see you peeps are picking this up again!

When weather and financial status get even better ill be joining u guys!

Thanks
    ill be there this sunday.. also I talked to tom and it seems like hes coming too. you guys wanna meet up at central or at the cafe? got no clue where that cafe is.

Thanks
    the library is here, just a short walk from Centraal Station- Oosterdokskade 143
    1011 DL Amsterdam

www.oba.nl

The cafe is next to the front entrance to the library.

Thanks
    Cooool! Maarten joins up again?

I gotta check if i can make it!! .. What time do you guys gather up?..
    And till what time u peeps are gonna draw?

I rly do hope i can make it! gonna be awsome!

Thanks
    Cool to see people are joining in. I was talking to several of my friends and I believe two are considering coming this Sunday. Things are starting to get going! Oh and RBeek, we're meeting up at 13:00 at cafe Vapiano (adjacent to Oosterdokskade 143) and we start drawing at pretty much 13:10.

So as with any sketchmeet, we can draw whatever we like, people, objects in front of us, things from imagination etc. But there's something I'd really love to do, and I need the help of several people here:

Would anyone be interested in playing the game that I believe is called 'Round Table'?
    In this game, we are all given a short time limit to draw a certain subject. The rules are as follows:
    -Someone comes up with a subject to draw
    -When a subject is determined, people are given a time limit (20 minutes?) to draw the subject the way they see it. The more creative, the better.
    -Subjects can be anything you like, as long as they are not too specific. For instance: "Caveman", "Landing shuttle", "Hunger" and "Bleeding organism" are all fine; "Two unicorns dance in the caustic underwater light atop ancient sphinxes" is not. That would be rendering a scene that has been thought out already, while the exercise here is to come up with a scene of your own.
    -Note that you can be as creative as you like with a topic like "caveman". You can draw him gnawing on a bone, riding a mammoth, filing papers at the local accountancy or just show him with nothing fancy around him. Anything goes, as long as it's something you like and as long as the caveman is (at least somewhat) the focus.
    -Everyone who plays in the game gets to come up with 1 subject.
    -When the time limit is over, show us what you've made! Look at other people's interpretations of the scene and how they rendered them, and, if you have one, give a comment or a crit!
    -For increased difficulty, the time limit goes down. 10-minute, 5-minute and 2-minute concepts are all options.
    -For a different increase in difficulty, the time limit stays the same but now multiple different concepts must be made of the same subject.

Note that this game is how the DSG started out originally (it used to be called Round Table), and I think they really had an awesome idea back then, it's a great exercise in creativity and in drawing what you're not used to.

So, would anyone be interested in playing the game with me for a while on Sunday? It seems like a nice variety from drawing people and objects to me, to mix things up a little!

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    These look like fun. Pity I can't be there. I'd really like to attend one of these someday. Maybe next time!

Thanks
    So there were four of us at the cafe today, benzo, maarten, rbeek and me. We had a cool time just hanging and drawing, and we played games! Round table and 'draw 1/3 part of a drawing, then give to the person on your right, keep going until finished'. God I love games like that.
    So next Sunday Benzo, Maarten and me are gonna meet up again at the zoo. 12:00 at the main entrance of artis. Benzo and I both have membership cards with which we can give 8 people each a 5 euro discount. So who's with us?

Edit:
    Note that in the case of bad weather we're still meeting at 12:00 at the main entrance of artis: We're just not gonna enter the zoo then, we're gonna relocate to a bar nearby.
    In case of you (or me) running late (and when the rest already left for the cafe), just give a call. I'll send you my phone number if you PM me.

Last edited by Kelp; April 27th, 2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    whatsup guys. I thought the sketchmeet last sunday was fun.

anyway, the weather is gonna be really bad sunday. so unless the weather predictions change, count me out this time.
    kinda sucks, the weather has been great for all this time and now this. Im craving to do some zoo drawing.
    well... if the weather turns out good ill give you guys a call to see where you at.

Thanks
    Hey guys, lots of rain yesterday, but Benzo and I made good use of the back-up plan. We went to a cafe right next to artis and we hade a really productive afternoon there, doing character design, life-drawing from props (and Benzo himself) and a comic. Since this was then our cafe week, we're gonna go to the zoo upcoming Sunday (May 9th), weather permitting. It's gonna be the same plan as yesterday: meet up at 12:00 at the main entrance of artis to spent the afternoon drawing animals and in the case of bad weather move to the cafe right around the corner. Note that we have passes which give any people accompanying us a 5 euro discount. Anyone want to join?

Last edited by Kelp; May 3rd, 2010 at 08:54 AM.
    Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Hey peeps, this sketchmeet got cancelled due to sickness. Benzo won't be in town for a bit so we're not meeting on the 16th, but he's back after that so I suppose we're meeting again on the 23rd. If anyone does want to meet up on the 16th, to go to artis or a café, just post something here.

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Yo peeps, this sketchmeet has been a succes last time, so follow this site and meet up with us!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...00381330008357

Hendrik.

Live is blur...

Thanks
    damn i just read someone will be there. hmm i'm gonna race and see if i can still make it. i'll be al little late, look for the gaunt guy with a sketchbook

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    phade, your online! could you call me on my cellphone so we can discuss the situation? i PMed it to you

Edit:
    So this sketchmeet was a little messy in setup and meeting one another, but everything worked out just fine! Phade01 and I met up at the zoo and spend the entire afternoon drawing the animals, and when the zoo closed we moved to a cafe and were met by a friend of mine. The three of us started drawing people, each other, buildings and even playing some rounds of round table! Great exercise in creativity that, and it exposes your weaknesses! God I love that game. And yeah, the whole day was just a blast! Really productive and challenging!

Phade01 (Erik) and I are gonna meet up again next sunday, the 16th in a bar in Amsterdam somewhere to sketch people, sketch from imagination and do some drawing games. The exact time is to be decided, cause Erik is probably coming from zeeland in the morning, which means we're gonna meet up a little late in the afternoon. Maybe around 3-ish? To be decided.
    So, people! Come out of your shells and join us! The sketchmeets are here!

Last edited by Kelp; May 9th, 2010 at 03:38 PM.
    Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Yeah the sketchmeet was awesome & inspiring!! produced some great stuff. Really looking forward for the next one on sunday 16(3pm is fine), bringing another dude with me i know from school, he doesnt have any sketchbook here but he has some good skills with the pencil!

Anybody that reads this can join up of course! Drop a message or here or send a pm!

Thanks
    Ahh this was cool, there were three of us, Erik, a friend of his from the HKU and me. We spent the afternoon and evening drawing people at the cafe, drawing each other, playing round table (which is the awesome!!) and drawing the buildings around Dam square. We're meeting up again next sunday to go to the zoo again, 12:00 at the main entrance in artis. We have a pass which gives people a 5 euro discount, entrance is after discount 13.50. Anyone can join us, skill level is no issue, if you want to join drop a message here in this topic. Who's with us?

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Hey peeps, Phade01 and I are meeting up tomorrow (may 30th) to sketch some, we're meeting at 14:00 at cafe Vapiano (next to the library, Oosterdokskade 143) next to Amsterdam Central Station. All are free to join!

Edit:
    Ah cool, benzo is also gonna join us. So if you're still doubting, check out their sketchbooks (not mine), links above here in this thread. Those two guys are powerhouses, great to learn from!

Last edited by Kelp; May 29th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.
    Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    was cool guys! so whats happening next sunday.

Thanks
    Hey peeps, there's a big sketchmeet being organised through facebook, and it's happening during the haarlem stripdagen. So far 20 people have signed up and 15 maybe's, so it's supposed to be something big. I won't be attending however, I have family business I need to be present with. If anyone else wants to join the haarlem one, here's the link:

Quote Originally Posted by H.H.V. View Post
    Yo peeps, this sketchmeet has been a succes last
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...00381330008357

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    i will be going. so will rogier and thomas. any other people from conceptart coming?

Thanks
    woooooo ... im going.. where do we meet? :X

Thanks
    yeah im deffinatly going as well! Shall we meet at the central station at 12?

Thanks
    im going with a car.. so i would like to be somewhere where i can park ( would be even better if it was for free XD )

Thanks
    free parking would be awesome yeah I really have no idea about parking spots near the station in haarlem, my train arives at 12:04 (tiny bit late)so ill be going straight to the place the group is meeting

Thanks
    where is the meeting point! XD
    as you see im not very well informed.. :/ details plx im to much of a facebook noob to find out how where and when XD

Thanks
    Its at Haarlem Central Station. Meeting point and time:
    12:00 PM

Manga Mansion
    Stationsplein 11
    2011 LR Haarlem

See you there.

Thanks
    Hey peeps, how was the haarlem sketchmeet?
    And does anyone want to meet up this sunday afternoon? Weather's supposed to be not-rainy, and it's been a while since we've been to the zoo, so anyone want to go there?

Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Thanks
    Hi Kelp. The sketchmeet was awesome, volgens mij

Lots of people, loaaaaaads of drawings. And some beer
    Below are the pics I have kept. Maybe some more will turn up here.
    Also btw: This and next week are art events going on here in Amsterdam. Especially next week will be interesting I think. I will be in a squat in Distelweg, where there will be lots of art. And a friend wants to organize to use their cinema for digital collab-paintings.
    I posted more info (and more about the collabs) on my blog.
    Its easy to reach from CS. I'll be there next Weekend and maybe do some oil painting.

big

big

big

big

big

Thomas

Thanks
    Its now definite: This Weekend Saturday and Sunday there will be Collab painting sessions in the Squat close to CS. There is an art show going on with many artists, and we took their cinema room for doing collaborations on a pc/wacom/projector with anyone who cares to join in!

They have also cool junk in the backyard for drawing... at least its exactly my taste
    Would be cool to maybe merge this with the weekly drawing group.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas Veil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sounds good Thomas, I definitely want to join in here! Any special time you want to meet up, or do we just do come separate?
    I'm really interested about that backyard, a squat at the docks must have some cool industrial stuff lying around.

Last edited by Kelp; June 17th, 2010 at 09:54 PM.
    Wir sind Helden

Sketchybookuh!

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 64