The Netherlands - Page 14
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netherlands

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn... that was one hell of a "Sketch"group!!!

I had an awesome time and I think we need to do it again soon, maybe next time with a bit more organisation. I put on the pictures soon.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    omgz lol@damien, a real careerboost for didden imo

i hate footbal..

no seriously..

visit my sketchbook here:Jaïn Sketches

or my portfolio here: Jaïn's Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HahahahahhahahahHAHa omg, you fucking kill me man

/fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    didden could be a muthafuckin' model, muthafuckas. i gotsta git my art shit in line, else i gotta go back to the circus, workin' as one of them lame-ass strongman acts, with hollow weights and shit.

/me sips his 40

aight.Bart - Delft (10 km north of R'dam) = cyanid
    DavidSmit - Almere
    Jaïn - Utrecht
    EVIL- Roermond
    Lise - sommelsdijk = isobel
    Floris- Rotterdam
    Haldor- Roosendaal
    Robot- Schrijndel

i'll get a map worked out soon- i'll make a pinboard (for reals y'alls, like on paper, with push pins) and we'll be able to calculate travel costs and such- train routes, whatever, so we can adjust workshop entrance fees and sketchgroup food/water/beer money fees.

if people chip in, we can start hiring real models, real instructors, hell, even rent places.

Last edited by bizarre; June 25th, 2006 at 07:29 PM.
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn, if we get bigger and bigger we need to try and steal conceptart.nl from erik and open a pure dutch sketchbook messageboard lol ..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :o me => Roosendaal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man, that to be like the best sketchgroup ever. Guys/Girls who left early, you mist a hell of a lot of good stuff....

Oh yeah, my data:

Robot - Schijndel

David, MORE drinking? You left early, so you didn't experience Floris, but i'm voting for less alcohol, more drawing....the whole workshop idea sounds cool, i don't care if it costs some money, it will be worth it...

About the name thing, i got some cool ones:

Robot's Bitches/Ho's
    Small White (and a cat as a logo)
    Less Drinking, More Drawing (Floris can be the logo)
    Conceptfart.org
    The Dutch Bunch
    I.N.D.I.D.M.P. (I'm Not Drunk, I'm Doing Marko Poses)
    Pixelfallus (Jason Manley actually wanted to give Massive Black this name, before they had the idea of naming it Massive Black)
    Art 'n Stuff
    Dutch Zombie Monkey Pirates
    More to come.... (yeah, this is an idea for a name)
    Etc. Etc.

Anyway, looking forward to the next meeting, see y'all then

Robot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wha ha what a cool names. I live in: de Bilt. That's near Utrecht.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marleen or Noë ... lives in Eindhoven

Here are my few pictures..
    and woohoo I'm not in any of the other pics

EDIT; maybe we should use Ramon's topic in the sketchbooks section some more to post the sketchgroup sketches!..?

KLIK

Attached Images Attached Images                      
    Last edited by Noë; June 26th, 2006 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And missed it again, work was not being kind to me and I was done around 17:00 Oh well there will always be next time.

"Master storytellers never explain. They do the hard, painfully creative thing-- they dramatize"

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What kind of slave to society works on a saturday.. its outragious!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    skiet skiet

(I'm sorry the little voices in my head forced me)

"That's cute.... but it's WRONG"
    Scary sketches (might cause health problems)
    ok, ok so not scary, true. But the health problems I'm not so sure off...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles
    Kablam... next time were gonna need to organize it almost like a official workhop. the group is growing like a mo-fo. Rent a place, get some industry proffesionals to give some workshops and get some models... or is that just to much?
    That's exactly what me and some other guys trying to acomplish overhere.
    Our school (NHL in Leeuwarden, multimedia course) wants game design and development to be one of the major subjects within the course and they wanted to organize workshops with industry pro's so we started to set up a plan, talked to a few cool people and even visited the Gnomon school in Hollywood during the first Gnomom live workshops to make contacts and see how they do it (and of course on a personal level learn from the pro's, get our portfolios viewed and check out the cool city of LA ).
    Anyway we were right in the middle of setting up this first workshop when we ran into difficulties (I won't go into detail, but there was a lot of miscommunication) so things didn't work out then. Somehow we did manage to schedule some lectures in during the Exposure multimedia festival which I posted about earlier and we have the amazing concept artist Daniel Dociu as a guest speaker.
    Right now we are planning for new workshops which should start in september. We already have a cool location and a few people who already said they were more than happy to participate (I'm not going to give names yet, too early for that, but I can say they are well known on this board and in the concept art world).
    It would be cool if some of you guys want to help out to make this happen, maybe make some suggestions or maybe if you are like a HKU student or something our schools could team up to get this thing going, just trowing in some thoughts here.

And to remind you all again: this wednesday in Crystallic Leeuwarden starts Exposure Festival with at 10:15 the kick off with Daniel Dociu (www.tinfoilgames.com), for more info and map/directions check out: www.exposure-festival.nl . Hope to meet some of you there

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL
    What kind of slave to society works on a saturday.. its outragious!
    Yeah I agree! Power to the people!

Can you pay my bills now? :>

sorry ff nederlands

In November was UPGEAR gelancheerd, een groep bestaande uit de HKU, HU, UU gericht op het ontwikkelen van games, behalve één of twee leuke demos heb ik er verder niks bijzonders gezien, maar dat is even niet het punt.

Tijdens het symposium waar UPGEAR werd gelancheerd was er ook een spreker van Guerilla games, en in een klein gedeelte van zijn presentatie had die het erover dat de huidige generatie studenten van de game opleidingen de basiskennis miste van onder andere de klassieke tekenkunst. Waardoor hun gedwongen werden om mensen uit het buitenland in dienst nemen. Waaruit het uiteindelijk toen op neer kwam is dat dat de reden was waarom UPGEAR was ontstaan en blablabla.

Waar ik dus heen wil is dus, als Guerilla er zo over voelt zullen er ook andere studios zijn die er zo over voelen. Als we dus een nederlandse concept groep willen opzetten en aan proffesionals willen komen lijkt het mij het best omdat aan te pakken in overleg met die studios. Uiteindelijk vormen zij het werkveld en hebben ze de mogelijkheid om een groep mensen te vormen die ze waarschijnlijk weer kunnen recruiten. Ik denk dat geen van ons problemen zal hebben met geld op tafel leggen maar eerder problemen hebben met het in contact komen van de juiste mensen. En dat is iets waar de studios ons mee kunnen helpen. Ook kunnen we nog misbruik maken van de IGDA. Maar dan moeten we geloof ik op project basis werken, en dus om de zoveel tijd een af concept voor een wereld kunnen leveren in ons geval. Maar ik weet niet zeker of dat telt, en zou ik moeten uitzoeken.

edit: Modellen zijn makkelijk, we hebben een vrij experimentele theater industrie waar veel teveel acteurs/dansers in rond lopen die nauwelijks genoeg geld verdienen. Voor mensen die willen model tekenen per direct en in de omgeving van Utrecht zitten, check atelier STOK, http://www.atelierstok.nl/, 1 avondje model tekenen voor 10 euro vanaf 19:30 tot 22:30, met een half uur pauze rond 9 uur. Ik moet alleen ff checken of ze nog steeds werken, want de laatste keer dat ik ging waren ze opeens dicht

edit 2: I'm coming from Zoetermeer or Utrecht Demian, and I bring my own car, so I can prolly ferry some people as well.

Last edited by Duq; June 27th, 2006 at 06:04 AM.
    "Master storytellers never explain. They do the hard, painfully creative thing-- they dramatize"

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alkmaar representing bitches! (that means I'm from Alkmaar)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Leeuwarden, although I think I must have mentioned that a couple of times already

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i got it!!!

Project Mayhem
    Project Mischief
    Project Misinformation

... bah.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Rudy!!!!

... grumble grumble... well, i made a pinboard... i looked in the atlas and found every point and made little pinned-on labels of every member thus far... and... to my dismay, i get pre-empted by fucking FRAPPS.

grrrg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So what exactly is fraps? And btw is anyone going to the Leeuwarden lecture festival thingy?? If you wonna meet up pm me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rudeone and Duq, you guys have very cool ideas!

I always wanted to start an independent concept-art studio. Something like Massive Black but than more for the Dutch and European market. Since I'm lacking the finance and enough industry experience I have keep the dream on hold.
    Though, I do think that it would be cool to start an alliance of Dutch and Netherlands-based concept/ illustration artists. I've already claimed the domain www.illuminent.nl for the project. I do think however that it would be something that is open for everyone but especially for people that are already in the industry. It will be a portal for information and work. I think it's really important to create a bit of a community in the Netherlands, this way company's know where we are! If you think you can help me out with this let me know!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's really the reason why I restarded the sketchgroup (more then a yr ago now), to bring all those artists, professionnel and aspiring amateurs alike together to learn, work and laugh (and drink) together. I'm very happy that's it's picking up so fast and so big now. It seems multiple people are having the same ideas seperate from eachother -- getting a workshop / art group / etc together in the Netherlands.
    I'll contact the people I know, if others do the same -- everyone knows everyone via a few steps, so our network is huge.

/fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tokyo represeeeent! but i will be in holland (amsterdam and rotterdam) in august/beginning of september. you guys have loads of nice ideas concerning sketchgroups, workshops, community etc.
    would love to join a sketch session in august.

edit - man that shit on the Tinfoil Games site that Rudeone put up is insane! strakke harry!

Last edited by tensai; June 28th, 2006 at 07:21 AM.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *cough* sir belgian chapter ready, willing and able, sir yes sir

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles
    Rudeone and Duq, you guys have very cool ideas!

I always wanted to start an independent concept-art studio. Something like Massive Black but than more for the Dutch and European market. Since I'm lacking the finance and enough industry experience I have keep the dream on hold.
    Though, I do think that it would be cool to start an alliance of Dutch and Netherlands-based concept/ illustration artists. I've already claimed the domain www.illuminent.nl for the project. I do think however that it would be something that is open for everyone but especially for people that are already in the industry. It will be a portal for information and work. I think it's really important to create a bit of a community in the Netherlands, this way company's know where we are! If you think you can help me out with this let me know!
    Awesome initiative. If we all put our heads together something like this might actually work.

I don't know if any of you guys made it to Leeuwarden today, if so i'm sorry that I didn't get the chance to meet you.
    It was an awesome lecture and Horia and Daniel Dociu gave some great insight in the industry, both are very proffesional in their work and very nice people in real life, I'm glad I got the chance to meet them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    been away for a bit, and will be gone all weekend...

the pinboard is filling in quite nicely- little paper flags with everyone's names on them, filling up a photoshop filtered, 4-page map of holland. i... i hesitate to say this, but this is starting to look like a conceptart game of Risk. or whatever that game is with all the little nations and things you have to conquer or whatever.

gilles- excellent initiative, as others have said.

floris- your brain is big and squishy. tastes a bit like pineapple juice and whiskey.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry for not having the plan for the sketchgroup meeting in Aartswoud ready yet...

I've had some really tough personal stuff come up lately.

however, on a good note, i recently got my residency permit!!! so now i'm a legal resident in the netherlands!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Leeuwarden ah yeah that would have been a nice festival...... IF I DID NOT LOSE MY DAMEND WALLET IN THE BLEEPIN BUS FROM ALKMAAR TO HARLINGEN. And there I was now OV no phone no money ......... and then I was of to find a police department to make a report that i lost my wallet or that igot stolen. And after an hour I finally found one after being called Ozzy Osbourne by a couple of homeless guys....... And then I had to get back to Alkmaar becasue getting to the lectures without an OV iwas not a smart Idea... Luckily after smoothtalking the busdriver I got a chance to get back home (and getting a fine from the train guy). Without my damned wallet. And then a woman called who found my wallet. And her name was.... and I'm not kidding here...... Ms. Luck (mevrouw geluk). So I had a talk with luck, and well I got my wallet back. But no Leeuwarden was nice.... but I rather followed the lectures..... ah well better luck next time......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man man man.. always something with you isnt it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratz Demian!

Damn Thrillzilla that sucks, sorry to hear that.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5