Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Candra's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Oh man, I havent been in here for so long... Been away for a bit then sick with the flu so no time or energy for art.

Still, managed to get some bits and pieces done over the last couple of days. Hopefully will have more updates to add soon.

Some hand studies first, from source book. I'm still really struggling with them. Think I need to do a lot more of these...

Attachment 1242637

Very rough layout sketch for a webcomic panel. I've been mucking about in photoshop with colouring on it but couldnt get the next stage file size down small enough to display here, even after merging the layers and reducing it to a fraction of its former size...

Attachment 1242638

Will keep trying and hopefully get it up soon because I'd love to hear what you guys think and if anyone has any tips on digital inking, I'd be very appreciative.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Oh man, I'm totally useless at this digital malarkey. Not only am I struggling to learn all the tools and goodies and how to apply them believably, I also have no idea what I'm doing with the image sizes, layers, file types, previews etc...

Eh, the joys. But, no pain no gain as they say. I'll figure this thing out eventually.

And I just figured out how to merge layers and change the image to a smaller jpeg so I can post it here without blasting my browser to bits.

Would love to hear if you guys think it's heading in the right direction and I'll hopefully have an update of the next stage to post soon.

Attachment 1244508

P.S. Apologies for rabbiting on. Just needed a bit of a rant I guess.

Thanks
    Not much anatomy progress to report. Actually, not much of anything to report. Life keeps getting in the way right now and time just slips away...

Just a couple of very quick sketches - hands and legs. Going to need to do more detailed bone and muscle studies I think, because I'm just drawing what I'm seeing without any real understanding of whats going on underneath, and it shows in the legs sketch.

Any and all C&C welcome as always.

Attachment 1247313

Attachment 1247315

Thanks
    Okay, back to the bare bones for a bit, apart from the first one. That was plundered from the posemaniacs site. Not a 30 second attempt - I'm too used to taking my time and feeling my way through a picture than banging out a few lines fast and furious. Probably need a lot more practice before I'm ready for that kind of thing anyway.

As always, any/all comments welcome.

Attachment 1249061

Attachment 1249062

Attachment 1249064

Attachment 1249069

Attachment 1249071

Attachment 1249072

Thanks
    Hmm, nice studies with those bones, I see you are getting a good idea of how they look and how they are, but it would be also very good for you to check how they work together with the body, at least with femur and the foot.

and thanks for commenting on my stuff again!
    Nada importa morir, pero no vivir es horrible.
    ----

I have a S.KETCH.BOOK.!!

and a blog (with animation stuff): http://animatedskycat.blogspot.mx/

and a tumblr (with random stuff): http://arturoarias.tumblr.com/

Thanks
    I think the bone studies are good in themselves for learning about perspective. Especially the last two there.

Posemaniacs is a good site but limited because it's not actually using real people for your references but pixelovely.com uses photographs of real people. You might want to give that a look.

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my sketchbook (and yay another scot!)

Thanks
    Darkthur, thanks re my bones. Yep, definitely going to work on fitting things together eventually but right now I'm concentrating on each separate section. Working on knees at the moment then it's on to ankles, feet and pelvis, femur. After that I'll try putting them all together with muscles on top and see how that looks. Pretty boring in a sketchbook I know, all these bone studies, so I'll try to put some other stuff in to break up the monotony a bit. And you're welcome! I like looking at your SB for inspiration and to see what you're doing with your figure work because you're way ahead of me in that area.

Caspia, yeah, the posemaniacs site is handy for some things because the figures have muscle and tendons showing and thats handy for me to look at and try to reproduce in my own work. I've heard of pixelovely - thanks muchly for the link. They have lots of cool pics of reptiles if it's the site I'm thinking of, so I'll definitely check out their people pics too. Think I need to get some basics under my belt first before trying any more fully skinclad people! Haha, yeah, another Scot! Coolio. I spotted that on your profile but notice you're located in Iceland. Whats it like up there with those volcanoes going off? We keep getting the ash clouds from them and it's messing with our weather no end. Don't know what happened to summer these last two years...

Thanks
    The volcanoes are just the troll the rest of Europe as far as I can tell. Doesn't affect me much where I am tbh but it's very funny to hear everyone else complain about it, as ever. The countryside is gorgeous here I should take some time to attempt landscapes with it, now that we have about 20 hours of sunlight.
    Constructive criticism is always welcome.
    My Sketchbook.
    My Tumblr.

Thanks
    Haha, yeah always got to be moaning about the weather. It's like a national pastime. I've only ever seen Iceland in pictures and on TV but it looks spectacular. Really prehistoric and unusual and a perfect backdrop for dragons. If you ever get time for taking pictures and don't mind a stranger on the internet plundering them...

Anyway, back to work. A short interlude for some colour work I think, break up the monotony a bit. Most of these are really old but I don't have any new personal stuff so it's these or nothing.

All C&C welcome and thanks for looking.

Attachment 1252401

Name:  dunrobin.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  26.2 KB

Attachment 1252405

Attachment 1252407

Attachment 1252408

Attachment 1252409

Attachment 1252410

Thanks
    And back to more recent stuff. I'm putting these in a seperate post because I get easily confused by the attachment manager.

First is my first feeble attempt to paint a sphere in corel painter. Think I messed up the brush/paint choices by grabbing bristle and acrylic because thats what I'm used to traditionally, but it looks very scrubby and weird... An interesting and addictive experience though so I'll be doing more soon for sure.

Last is a bunch of bone studies - knees, ankles and feet. Couple more of those then onto the pelvis and femur. Fun.

Attachment 1252420

Attachment 1252422

Attachment 1252424

Attachment 1252425

Attachment 1252426

Attachment 1252427

Thanks
    Latest batch of bone studies. The pelvis was difficult. Hopefully the more I draw it, the easier it'll get...

Attachment 1253676

Attachment 1253677

Attachment 1253678

Attachment 1253680

Thanks
    Havent updated this sketchbook for a bit. Been busy with other projects but I've got a few more bone studies to put up.

A few more of these and full leg studies and I'll start working on muscles. Any comments/suggestions very much appreciated as usual.

Cheers

Attachment 1258126

Attachment 1258127

Attachment 1258129

Thanks
    I like the bone studies very much, altough I think drawing the combination of bones and muscles would have more advantages on your full-body studies. Keep it up!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DvrJeroen For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast