Thanks
    Thanked 11,291 Times in 2,826 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in central Orange County (Irvine/Tustin Ranch). I know there are more socalers around here. Let's get it on!

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fukifino
    I'm in central Orange County (Irvine/Tustin Ranch). I know there are more socalers around here. Let's get it on!
    hey there! i'm right next to you in orange.

"If you want to create, you have to sacrifice superficiality, some security, and often your desire to be liked, to draw up your most intense insights, your most far-reaching visions." —Clarissa Pinkola Estes
    --
    www.pantagruel.net

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Har! OC repruhsent...or something. I used to live in Orange (Ekhoff and Chapman I think were my nearest cross streets)...I work in Santa Ana right now doing computer shiat.

QoH. Hook us up with a boba meet. I've been meaning to try that wacky stuff for a while.

And now, to be a complete debutant...my schedule:
    This weekend: I'm busy all day saturday at Marshall Vandruffs shot design course. Could do an evening thing after that. Or any time Sunday.

Next weekend: Busy Saturday, I believe, with the D&D geekery...pretty sure I'm free Sunday...blah...I have to "check my schedule" tomorrow at work. How lame do I sound?

But anyways, hook something up...if I can't show, looks like more and more OC peeps are chiming in...and maybe some of the LA and SD peeps might show.

Or not.

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can hang in about 2 weeks.. then Hell Week will be over, and Art Center can suck it for 3 weeks!

fukifino, you don't by any chance like Risk do ya?

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

art music and more

if anyones in the long beach oc area
    im playing a show thursday night at a
    cheap bar
    your more than welcome to show

trevor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fukifino
    Har! OC repruhsent...or something. I used to live in Orange (Ekhoff and Chapman I think were my nearest cross streets)...I work in Santa Ana right now doing computer shiat. ...And now, to be a complete debutant...my schedule:
    This weekend: I'm busy all day saturday at Marshall Vandruffs shot design course. Could do an evening thing after that. Or any time Sunday.

Next weekend: Busy Saturday, I believe, with the D&D geekery...pretty sure I'm free Sunday...blah...I have to "check my schedule" tomorrow at work. How lame do I sound?
    my cross streets are chapman and tustin. i could do something late saturday night, after i'm done with classes.

"If you want to create, you have to sacrifice superficiality, some security, and often your desire to be liked, to draw up your most intense insights, your most far-reaching visions." —Clarissa Pinkola Estes
    --
    www.pantagruel.net

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi So-Cal people!

I'm a artist-in-training/computer tech guy (to pay the bills...) from the east coat of Canada, and I am thinking of attending Watts Atelier. I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about Encinitas and the So-Cal area, like prices for accomodations in the area, etc... The exchange rate on our Canadian dollar is brutal, so I have to budget big time hehe

My plan is to take a 10 week curriculum and take all the classe I can, something like 12 classes, for 39 hours a week? Does this plan make sense, or would this be an overload you would think?

Well, if you have info that might help me out, that would be greatly appreciated!

OH, and sorry if this is off topic, just thinking what better way to find out about an area than ask the people who live there

"Photographers hate shadows, artists love them" - Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in the valley by Hollywood.

"You mean you don't make sound effects when you're painting?" -David Tillinghast

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in westwood village just east of the santa monica pier.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in westwood too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    San Diego artist-in-training busily plugging away at Watts Atelier here.

Art student
    ~Livin' large at Watts Atelier.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSTC
    San Diego artist-in-training busily plugging away at Watts Atelier here.
    Lol, I took a class there 2 semesters ago. I live right down the street, literally.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all, I'm Matt and I'm not even in California. But in a couple weeks I'll be moving so that I can go to Watts, hopefully I'll be living somewhere near Encinitas. I'll probably have to find an apartment, job and all before I can think about get-togethers, but once I'm settled I'm done for whatever.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man we should divide this into two categories : Orange county and below

-and-

LA area hahaha

(i'm in the LA area)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'm in Malibu.
    just moved here from Dallas.

i wanna participate.

(sorry, didn't have time to read the whole thread, but i will when i have more time)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by injection223
    man we should divide this into two categories : Orange county and below

-and-

LA area hahaha

(i'm in the LA area)

Thats not funny, I used to HAVE to live in Orange County, land of mini-malls and people who pretend they're rich. Then I got lucky, moved to Pasadena, graduated from Art Center and then moved to San Diego/paradise.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK you SoCal slackers, let's get this show moving! I don't want to have to wait til the Austin Workshop or the San Diego Comicon to meet you freaks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    to allt he orange county people, theres an artwalk at balboa island this saturday! heres the website: http://www.balboaislandartwalk.com if you want to meet up there just send me a PM and I'll give ya my cell number to meet up at shtuff :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by fukifino
    OK you SoCal slackers, let's get this show moving! I don't want to have to wait til the Austin Workshop or the San Diego Comicon to meet you freaks.
    Ehh, then I wouldn't be a slacker if I actually had to DO stuff. There's only a handfull of us anyway, it seems.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The funny thing I know there's more than a handful, they just aren't posting to the thread. So either they don't know about it, or don't want anything to do with us. C'mon, I'll even shower...just for you!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whew..

Finally, you showered! The stench is actually bearable now! God, you could smell this forum from a mile away

Yeah fukifino is right, there’s a bloody bazillion SoCalers on this forum, I know two of them personally who haven't posted here yet. There's quite a few of us Art Center kids here also, and I'm sure they'd love to be part of the SoCal concept art community. In fact, I think it's pretty funny that so few of us have posted considering most of the business is concentrated in this area! Hmm.. maybe they are avoiding us.. oh GOD! It's just like high school all over again! *sob*

Oh, and I'm in Eagle Rock, which is nestled comfortably like a face between bosoms flanked by Glendale and Pasadena.

Mmm.. bosoms.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    now that you brought up art center, i'm definately staying at home. those dirty accd dot'ers give me the creeps. them and their dirty modernist school. MUWAHAHA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok...so what are we S. Cal artist supposed to do with this thread? Is somone trying to set up a meeting or somthing?

"If one advances confidently in the direction of
    his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he
    has imagined, he will meet with a success
    unexpected in common hours."
    - H.D. Thoreau

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that's sort of the point of the local groups. Find other CAers living near you and maybe meet face to face. Being a very new art student myself, I don't really know any other artists in the area other than a few I've met in my class. And taking art classes at a CC, not everyone I've met is all that into the same type of art I am.

So anyways...yeah, I dunno. :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought the point of such threads as these was to isolate our best possible respective genetic matches for breeding purposes...

Dammit! I came for the breeding, but I guess meeting face to face would be acceptable. Mayhaps we should open some form of introduction in the vein of sometime meeting up and not having to use our 133t haxor names in person, for me that would certainly feel a bit more genuine! Sooo here are some fun facts..

Hi, I'm Mike and I live in Eagle Rock. I'm 23 and I'm a Taurus. I'm originally from the East (Buffalo represent, as the kids say) and went to college for Illustration in NYC at Pratt, where being trapped in academic gridlock is a way of life, but fun nonetheless. I enjoy long walks off of short piers and karaoke. I live with my girlfriend, who is an aspiring actress, while I attend Art Center in Pasadena.. which all translates to us being dirt poor, yay! I've been known to poke badgers with spoons and drive too fast while listening to Guns N Roses. So if you're feeling the need to "rock out" then be sure to dial extension #323, Ciao!

Now then, with the dispensing of that formality let's all pony up and give out some vital details! It's always good to get to know people around the area, cause who knows if there's a professional somewhere in this lot who we can all sap for information and good connections, as well as latch on to them like the father that I never had....... *single tear*

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lets all meet on the 110 overpass on orange grove in south pasadena and drop eggs on cars.

mister macaroni - breeding, huh? hasn't art center taught you anything about working in a sausage factory? just think of all the women you could have gotten with your tuition. i sure wish i took all that money i sunk into school and bought a fast car and had good times... damn 100k at least.

my name is mike and i'm an alcoholic. i draw things when i feel like it and i resent being called an artist... cause artists are pansies and cut off their ears and dont bathe. oh yea and i like long walks on the beach and looking at the sunset and cute asian women who for obvious reasons hate me.

Last edited by seb; May 6th, 2004 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mmmm sausage...

Personally I prefer lobbing old meat from the top of my appartment building onto school children, rather than eggs onto passing cars... But to each his own.

...I have a sketchbook?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4