Southern California - Page 38

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1158
    Thanks
    I'm in, I live in the southern Orange County area and know exactly where that is. I'll send you a PM.

Also, I'm looking for fellow artists who want to car pool with me (I'm driving) up to the The Drawing Club's (http://www.thedrawingclub.com/) weekly drawing sessions every Thursday, and monthly long pose once a month of Sundays. It's a long drive, but well worth it. The sessions are $20, but the models are excellent and in costume, they have lots of props, excellent lighting setups, and even appropriate mood music. I'll be looking for some gas money (around $2) from anyone who wants to tag along.

So, if anyone lives in the Orange County area and wants to come, send me a PM.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    dude, drawing club sounds awesome. i would be down for going with you once or twice a month for sure, and once i get this dental work out of the way and dont have to worry about those bills i will be down all the time

ok, so, for those close enough to the costa mesa santa ana border, on bristol there is a place called milk and honey, its nice little coffee shop at the camp(earthy mall place across from the lab). i went there for a while tonight and it has a chill little atmosphere. the seating area is pretty small, but they said people dont really come in and hang out, its more of a grab stuff and go back to work type of place. they seemed hyped on having a group just hanging out and drawing so this saturday i am thinking i will go there around 4ish. then whoever wants to trickle in can pop through and say what up and chill and draw.

here is my # for people that want it for some reason
    707 616 2485

did i mention the seating area is in a garden type environment, kind of awesome. and i saw a couple outlets too, so its laptop friendly, might be a little bright during the day but it closes at 11 on the weekends

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    hey, anybody out there interested. this friday my roommate is doing a green fashion show thingy. he is trying to get the orange county area more interested in green living little pokes at a time. he did an art auction a couple months back and raised around 2-3 thousand for surf rider and one other organization. this one is going toward coast keeper. please come check it out, as long as these things make back more than is put in, it is a success for the organization. here is a link to the event
    http://ocgreenguide.com/

also, drawing last weekend was fun, thanks for those who came out. i am thinking this saturday again? same time, maybe try another place but same general area. any recomendations for other places just shoot em out

Last edited by RichKid; August 26th, 2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: change link

Thanks
    tomorrow i will be drawing at milk and honey again, and if not there across the street at the gypsy den. come one come all. if anyone is down for another day and another place, just say the word and i will try and make it

so saturday the 30th, afternoon till they kick us out, milk and honey at the camp, or gypsy den at the lab across the street. both just west of bristol and baker

Thanks

Looking for Los Angeles Artists!

Los angeles based digital painters needed for card character illustrations. Payment is per card. Company has tight deadline and needs fast artist to work in-house with top of the line equipment. Must be able to mimic this style - www.playbrainstorm.com

Great work environment and fun people.

Los angeles artists only who must work in house. Sorry, no out of studio freelancing!

Please send portfolio web address to: gregsdesk7@gmail.com

If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak!

Thanks
    my buddy is doing an open life drawing session this wedsday if anyone wants in. its 15 bucks a head, 730-10. pm me if you are interested. his studio is in costa mesa. if it has a good turnout than he wants to make it a weekly thing

Thanks
    Any current OC groups? i'm in Orange

Thanks

Back from the dead

It's been a while since I've been active on this site and thought I would come out of hiding. I used to be pretty active with the Seattle group when I lived there a couple of years ago, but am now looking for some community drawing opportunities here in LA. It looks like a lot of the artists here are in OC... yall ever get up to the city? I'll try to update my sketchbook over the next couple of days with a few new bits. Let me know if anyone is looking to draw in the LA area, yeah?

"Baby, you make me wish I had three hands!"

Thanks
    well anticonnor, i am.
    i live right on the coast, just outside of santa monica. got a sweet spot to draw too with a pool, hot tub, pool table, ping pong, bbq grills, lots of couches, an amazing view, etc.
    its the "club house" for our little community here. its literally right across the street from my our house. i've been wanting to put together a drawing group here for awhile now. also, right up the hill is a 180 degree view of the ocean thats completely free of any obstructions. no trees or buildings... and this broken road that i walk the dogs to almost every day...
    only problem is finding a day that everyone can agree on to meet.
    i can talk to the owners and reserve the clubhouse, i just need to set a day that everyone is happy with.

but i dont want to do it unless i have a few people who are actually gonna show up.
    if its just 1 or 2 people, i probably dont need to reserve anything. we can all just chill over there and draw, and if there's someone there we could all chill at my place or on top of the hill looking out over the ocean.
    but any more than 2 or 3 people and i'll have to make a reservation.

if you're interested let me know.
    anyone who's interested let me know.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 908 Posts
    bapsi is in the valley.
    bapsi would like to sketch
    who wants to sketch with bapsi? O:

Thanks
    Since I moved to LA I have not made any friends, who wants to be my friend? Or maybe an acquaintance?

I'm so lonely.

Thanks
    I am looking to join a sketch group in the Pasadena area. If anyone knows of any that are going on, I would love to join. If there isn't one, I may start a group myself. But I would prefer to join an existing group.

Thanks

Inland Empire ?

I know L.A.'s the hot sex but is there anybody doing art in the Riverside/San Bernardino area?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogsbrother View Post
    I know L.A.'s the hot sex but is there anybody doing art in the Riverside/San Bernardino area?
    I'm in the Ontario/Chino Hills/Rancho Cucamonga area. Off the 60 freeway. I'm up for starting a group of artists from this area.

Anyone else from this area? I really want to meet other artists out here who want to hang out and draw; I feel like theres nothing out here of any interest though.

Probably a risk, but if anyones interested in drawing and just hanging out, my number is 909 702 5314

BTW, I'm actually new to this thread (and lazy to read all 30+ pages). I'm usually out in Fullerton for school, are there any groups in the Santa Ana area willing to let me part of their gang? Pleeeease!

Thanks
    YO
    im not much further than santa ana. for a while a couple of us were getting together fairly regularly but it kind of dwindled down. i generally draw at the gypsy den at "the lab" on weekends. google map it. its a coffee shop full of silly hipsters that are fun to draw. its got plugs if you have a laptop and wifi.

pm me or shoot me an email or call or whatever if you ever make it down this way. if you are going to school in fullerton i also go some weeknights. so i am pretty much always down to draw unless we are crunching at work

my buddy jakob is doing his illustration masters at fullerton and has one of the artist lofts next to the gypsy den in santa ana, you could probably hook up with him somehow too

here is my digits baby
    707 616 2485

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKid View Post
    YO
    im not much further than santa ana. for a while a couple of us were getting together fairly regularly but it kind of dwindled down. i generally draw at the gypsy den at "the lab" on weekends. google map it. its a coffee shop full of silly hipsters that are fun to draw. its got plugs if you have a laptop and wifi.

pm me or shoot me an email or call or whatever if you ever make it down this way. if you are going to school in fullerton i also go some weeknights. so i am pretty much always down to draw unless we are crunching at work

my buddy jakob is doing his illustration masters at fullerton and has one of the artist lofts next to the gypsy den in santa ana, you could probably hook up with him somehow too

here is my digits baby
    707 616 2485
    Hm... I might be interested, but probably won't be out in the Orange County area any time soon since school let out and I'm not doing summer session. I'll let you know though.

Thanks
    Hey Gavin, it's Anthony. If you're still drawing at the den, let me know. Things got really busy for me with a horrific disaster of a group animation project alongside graduation, so I haven't been in contact. Same phone number as before if you still have it.

Thanks
    hey man, yeah, im still out and about. i got super busy with work and was taking a class at the concept academy so i kind of went awol as well. but i just got a new bike so i am all about riding out there. ill give you a calll

Thanks
    btw all the socal folk still hitting this thread. check this shit out
    http://www.marshallart.com/seminars/info/index.php

marshall is putting on all sorts of workshops this summer. if you havnt taken any of his courses, they are well worth the money. he crams soooo much info in you that even if you only retain a quarter of it, that is still more than you would have gotten out of a normal class on the subject.

Thanks
    Gotta agree, Marshall's classes are amazing. Just don't ask about story or he'll go on for hours on theory.

Thanks
    hahhahah, very true

Thanks
    I want to meet and get together to draw with other CA members who are in the San Diego area. Oh and if I lived in LA I'd be all over Bob Katos class, hes a great teacher. Maybe soon I will have to drive up there just for a class. I've also heard all kinds of great thinks about Marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtZealot View Post
    San Diego Anyone? art institute student here...
    Yes.

yo, tumbra, or anybody else in the diego. we get together every saturday, usually at the living room in pt loma. then randomly in the week we jump from coffee house to coffee house. so if you want to come out, pm me with your # and i will drop you a call when we throw down.

also, we are going out tonight if anybody is on right now. pt loma shop, its on rosecrans.

peace
    Oh I want in on this.

Last edited by FIG; July 8th, 2009 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks
    Hey, just reviving this thread. College courses have started up again, I'm in the Santa Ana (Fullerton) area Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday evenings if anyone wants to join up for a few drawing sessions.

Thanks
    hey man, wednsday nights at the district in tustin/irvine there is a sketch night/beer wednesday thing that goes on. its pretty chill, in the bar a bunch of people networking and drinking, outside a bunch of people hangin and drawing. it all takes place around the aulde dubliner.

any other night, if you would want to come to costa mesa area i could meet up. im just on my bike so any farther than that from newport beach and its out of my range

Thanks
    hey man, wednsday nights at the district in tustin/irvine there is a sketch night/beer wednesday thing that goes on. its pretty chill, in the bar a bunch of people networking and drinking, outside a bunch of people hangin and drawing. it all takes place around the aulde dubliner.

any other night, if you would want to come to costa mesa area i could meet up. im just on my bike so any farther than that from newport beach and its out of my range
    This sounds pretty cool. I'm not too familiar with that area though (I see it's off Jamboree), furthest I've been in Irvine is the Irvine Spectrum. Keep me updated, I might be interested for this week or next.

Thanks
    I just registered to say hi, and let people know I'm interested in meetings and trips in southern cali. I live in Orange County in Mission Viejo area.

Thanks
    I just moved to LA (Hollywood) last month Going to be going to school here for a year.

Just saying hi...Hi.

Thanks
    Hello!

I've been living in LA now since January and it just occurred to me that there was probably a SoCal group here at CA.org. It would be cool if we could organize a LA meet up and go drawing together.

Also, if you had to choose one... MOCA or LACMA (I think that's one)? I want to visit one, but I don't know which would be better. MOCA is just down the street from where I work, though. So...

Thanks

I live in the Ojai Valley within Ventura County.

Anyone near here?

Gwenlyn Norton
    Gwenlynsgallery.com

Thanks
    Anyone in Orange County wanna do some drawing?

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3