Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern California

Thanks
    What's up my So Cal peeps....good to see the west coast represent. I'm in the OC (tustin/santa ana) area. So when is the SoCal workshop going down, for those who cant afford to fly to amsterdamn, or austin for that matter. I just graduated, which means I'm broke as HELL...so let's get this done let's get motivated....lates...back to work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    us OC people should get boba damnit lol

Thanks
    how bout some horchata? do I count as an OC person I just go to school there...oh yeah and your ass is mine. seriously though we gotta set up a meeting or somthing. no wait I change my mind boba is good.
    bad is good and good is only okay...

Website
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I0N
    how bout some horchata? do I count as an OC person I just go to school there...oh yeah and your ass is mine. seriously though we gotta set up a meeting or somthing. no wait I change my mind boba is good.

horchata boba *______________*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fukifino
    I'm in central Orange County (Irvine/Tustin Ranch). I know there are more socalers around here. Let's get it on!
    hey there! i'm right next to you in orange.
    "If you want to create, you have to sacrifice superficiality, some security, and often your desire to be liked, to draw up your most intense insights, your most far-reaching visions." —Clarissa Pinkola Estes
    --
    www.pantagruel.net

Thanks
    Har! OC repruhsent...or something. I used to live in Orange (Ekhoff and Chapman I think were my nearest cross streets)...I work in Santa Ana right now doing computer shiat.

QoH. Hook us up with a boba meet. I've been meaning to try that wacky stuff for a while.

And now, to be a complete debutant...my schedule:
    This weekend: I'm busy all day saturday at Marshall Vandruffs shot design course. Could do an evening thing after that. Or any time Sunday.

Next weekend: Busy Saturday, I believe, with the D&D geekery...pretty sure I'm free Sunday...blah...I have to "check my schedule" tomorrow at work. How lame do I sound?

But anyways, hook something up...if I can't show, looks like more and more OC peeps are chiming in...and maybe some of the LA and SD peeps might show.

Or not.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    I can hang in about 2 weeks.. then Hell Week will be over, and Art Center can suck it for 3 weeks!

fukifino, you don't by any chance like Risk do ya?
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks

art music and more

if anyones in the long beach oc area
    im playing a show thursday night at a
    cheap bar
    your more than welcome to show

trevor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fukifino
    Har! OC repruhsent...or something. I used to live in Orange (Ekhoff and Chapman I think were my nearest cross streets)...I work in Santa Ana right now doing computer shiat. ...And now, to be a complete debutant...my schedule:
    This weekend: I'm busy all day saturday at Marshall Vandruffs shot design course. Could do an evening thing after that. Or any time Sunday.

Next weekend: Busy Saturday, I believe, with the D&D geekery...pretty sure I'm free Sunday...blah...I have to "check my schedule" tomorrow at work. How lame do I sound?
    my cross streets are chapman and tustin. i could do something late saturday night, after i'm done with classes.
    "If you want to create, you have to sacrifice superficiality, some security, and often your desire to be liked, to draw up your most intense insights, your most far-reaching visions." —Clarissa Pinkola Estes
    --
    www.pantagruel.net

Thanks
    Hi So-Cal people!

I'm a artist-in-training/computer tech guy (to pay the bills...) from the east coat of Canada, and I am thinking of attending Watts Atelier. I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about Encinitas and the So-Cal area, like prices for accomodations in the area, etc... The exchange rate on our Canadian dollar is brutal, so I have to budget big time hehe

My plan is to take a 10 week curriculum and take all the classe I can, something like 12 classes, for 39 hours a week? Does this plan make sense, or would this be an overload you would think?

Well, if you have info that might help me out, that would be greatly appreciated!

OH, and sorry if this is off topic, just thinking what better way to find out about an area than ask the people who live there
    "Photographers hate shadows, artists love them" - Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    hey trevor ever plan on posting something for our challenge. I never got around to coming up with a final piece but I'm still intrested to see what you came up with if anything.did you forget? I sure did. where you playin?
    bad is good and good is only okay...

Website
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Roots
    Hi So-Cal people!

I'm a artist-in-training/computer tech guy (to pay the bills...) from the east coat of Canada, and I am thinking of attending Watts Atelier. I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about Encinitas and the So-Cal area, like prices for accomodations in the area, etc... The exchange rate on our Canadian dollar is brutal, so I have to budget big time hehe

My plan is to take a 10 week curriculum and take all the classe I can, something like 12 classes, for 39 hours a week? Does this plan make sense, or would this be an overload you would think?

Well, if you have info that might help me out, that would be greatly appreciated!

OH, and sorry if this is off topic, just thinking what better way to find out about an area than ask the people who live there
    Hey man...I live a bit north of the area where Watts is, but I can tell you SoCal is expensive...it's one of the more expensive places in the country to live in. But I'm not really sure how San Diego area rates compared to Orange/LA counties.

As for the class load...that sounds like a hell of a lot to me.

But if you want my advice do two things.
    1) Go to apartments.com and forrent.com. That will give at least a starting idea of what housing is going to run you. You can make some general assumptions from there.
    2) Email Jeff or Ron at Watts and talk to them about your course load. They will probably be the best judges of how much is "too much."

Hope that helps man.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Thanks Fukifino!

Yeah, I'd heard it was pretty expensive...I'll have to research it more, then make my final decision. The cost of living here, in the poorest part of Canada, is pretty damn cheap, so it would be quite the shock for my modest means...

And for the course load, I'm trying to get all the learning I can compressed within those few months, but I don't wanna go overboard either...
    "Photographers hate shadows, artists love them" - Andrew Loomis

Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast