Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Har! OC repruhsent...or something. I used to live in Orange (Ekhoff and Chapman I think were my nearest cross streets)...I work in Santa Ana right now doing computer shiat.

QoH. Hook us up with a boba meet. I've been meaning to try that wacky stuff for a while.

And now, to be a complete debutant...my schedule:
    This weekend: I'm busy all day saturday at Marshall Vandruffs shot design course. Could do an evening thing after that. Or any time Sunday.

Next weekend: Busy Saturday, I believe, with the D&D geekery...pretty sure I'm free Sunday...blah...I have to "check my schedule" tomorrow at work. How lame do I sound?

But anyways, hook something up...if I can't show, looks like more and more OC peeps are chiming in...and maybe some of the LA and SD peeps might show.

Or not.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I can hang in about 2 weeks.. then Hell Week will be over, and Art Center can suck it for 3 weeks!

fukifino, you don't by any chance like Risk do ya?
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks

art music and more

if anyones in the long beach oc area
    im playing a show thursday night at a
    cheap bar
    your more than welcome to show

trevor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fukifino
    Har! OC repruhsent...or something. I used to live in Orange (Ekhoff and Chapman I think were my nearest cross streets)...I work in Santa Ana right now doing computer shiat. ...And now, to be a complete debutant...my schedule:
    This weekend: I'm busy all day saturday at Marshall Vandruffs shot design course. Could do an evening thing after that. Or any time Sunday.

Next weekend: Busy Saturday, I believe, with the D&D geekery...pretty sure I'm free Sunday...blah...I have to "check my schedule" tomorrow at work. How lame do I sound?
    my cross streets are chapman and tustin. i could do something late saturday night, after i'm done with classes.
    "If you want to create, you have to sacrifice superficiality, some security, and often your desire to be liked, to draw up your most intense insights, your most far-reaching visions." —Clarissa Pinkola Estes
    --
    www.pantagruel.net

Thanks
    Hi So-Cal people!

I'm a artist-in-training/computer tech guy (to pay the bills...) from the east coat of Canada, and I am thinking of attending Watts Atelier. I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about Encinitas and the So-Cal area, like prices for accomodations in the area, etc... The exchange rate on our Canadian dollar is brutal, so I have to budget big time hehe

My plan is to take a 10 week curriculum and take all the classe I can, something like 12 classes, for 39 hours a week? Does this plan make sense, or would this be an overload you would think?

Well, if you have info that might help me out, that would be greatly appreciated!

OH, and sorry if this is off topic, just thinking what better way to find out about an area than ask the people who live there
    "Photographers hate shadows, artists love them" - Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    hey trevor ever plan on posting something for our challenge. I never got around to coming up with a final piece but I'm still intrested to see what you came up with if anything.did you forget? I sure did. where you playin?
    bad is good and good is only okay...

Website
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Roots
    Hi So-Cal people!

I'm a artist-in-training/computer tech guy (to pay the bills...) from the east coat of Canada, and I am thinking of attending Watts Atelier. I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about Encinitas and the So-Cal area, like prices for accomodations in the area, etc... The exchange rate on our Canadian dollar is brutal, so I have to budget big time hehe

My plan is to take a 10 week curriculum and take all the classe I can, something like 12 classes, for 39 hours a week? Does this plan make sense, or would this be an overload you would think?

Well, if you have info that might help me out, that would be greatly appreciated!

OH, and sorry if this is off topic, just thinking what better way to find out about an area than ask the people who live there
    Hey man...I live a bit north of the area where Watts is, but I can tell you SoCal is expensive...it's one of the more expensive places in the country to live in. But I'm not really sure how San Diego area rates compared to Orange/LA counties.

As for the class load...that sounds like a hell of a lot to me.

But if you want my advice do two things.
    1) Go to apartments.com and forrent.com. That will give at least a starting idea of what housing is going to run you. You can make some general assumptions from there.
    2) Email Jeff or Ron at Watts and talk to them about your course load. They will probably be the best judges of how much is "too much."

Hope that helps man.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Thanks Fukifino!

Yeah, I'd heard it was pretty expensive...I'll have to research it more, then make my final decision. The cost of living here, in the poorest part of Canada, is pretty damn cheap, so it would be quite the shock for my modest means...

And for the course load, I'm trying to get all the learning I can compressed within those few months, but I don't wanna go overboard either...
    "Photographers hate shadows, artists love them" - Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    @Helium: RISK! Ive heard that game pwnes! I wanna play pick me, pick me...
    -http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Thanks
    Oh yeah...Risk Man, I haven't played that game since I was a kid. But hey, I love strategy games...

Thanks
    more sketching less chatting... (that goes for me too!)

-dns

we know its a bad thing for the so cal group when i need to fly to seattle to sketch with CA.org friends
    Ottosketch.com
    LOTR, Halo, Heroes Sketchcards from Topps

Thanks
    oh shnikes! I want in on a game of risk when I come down in a few months.

if you guys don't get something going soon, I'm bringing some Seattle mojo with me.

dns is tha man!
    I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

Thanks

Talking

hmmm anyone in the San Gabriel/Pasadena area? (Helium, i.was.ink, lookin ur way)

Thanks
    as for watts they consider a full load 6+ classes... if thats all your doing and expences are paid other than working i can see taking a full weeks (7) plus if you dont know what do do with yourself when not at watts and alone in sd you can push to 10 and get one hell of a foundation. its 325 or 335 a class i cant remember and when your over 4 classes you get 10% off and there are even packages they have been trying out. plus you get the friday sketch free with a 4 class enrollment.

i personally have to work and attend university so i only rally have time for 2 and barely make rent and eat.

thats life for you. if you want proof that the watts system works when applying hard work and dedication look at Pandawhipped and DZU. they are awesome!!!!! they have improved so much since they first came to watts around when i started. i used to be par with them now i look up to them. if you have the $$$ and the time take as many as you can... but pace yourself so you dont burnout because it would be a shame.

-dns

come on FUK organize this and lets get a group meet up somewhere between LA and SD so we can catch up to the seattle and UK groups. last thing we need is JP42 coming down here and showing us how its done back in the land of starbucks.
    Ottosketch.com
    LOTR, Halo, Heroes Sketchcards from Topps

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dns2k
    last thing we need is JP42 coming down here and showing us how its done back in the land of starbucks.
    well it's what yer gonna get!!!!!
    I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast