Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I0N
    I havent tried boba yet either my mom and sisters get it all the time...I wonder why I havent tried it yet. I dont live in the OC but I go to school there all the time tues wed thurs. too poor to go to comicon. but next year fo sho. but hey lets find a way to meet up befor then wadda ya say.

edit: Damn! I just remembered about the challenge against trevor! man are you that damn busy that you couldnt remind me or somthing. whoa gotta post something up. :doh:

dorkus I go to your school.. Im Q o H Ze moderat000r

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm in the Woodland Hills area too. You wouldn't by any chance be working for Neversoft would you?
    Nope. I'm currently at Liquid Entertainment in Agoura Hills. We're working on a D&D rts for Atari. I started here over a year ago.

For seven years before that I worked for New World Computing (div. of 3DO), on Heroes of Might and Magic and Might and Magic. I left just before 3DO went bankrupt and closed everything down.

New World used to be in the same offices that Liquid currently occupies. I was just too lazy to want to move...!

Thanks
    I love boba drinks.

I wish I were at ComicCon now.

Unfortunately, I have too much work to do.

I work too much...

:cry:

Thanks
    Hey April..that wouldn't happen to be that Dragonshard Wars game, would it?

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiL QoH
    dorkus I go to your school.. Im Q o H Ze moderat000r
    you liar! theres no art school in the OC! no seriously who the hell are you. and what the hell is a Q o H Ze moderat000r... I mean uh, yeah I know what it is just that uh you know to inform everyone else....yeeaah

on a side note: I rule that school!
    another side note: once me and trevor are through with our challenge me and you are gonna throw down unless you're chicken :chicken: or a :cat; loser buys the drinks (unless I lose)
    if you wanna know what I look like check out the self portrait thread I got a few in there or...you already know what I look like *gasp*

-Adrian

Last edited by I0N; July 24th, 2004 at 09:26 PM.
    bad is good and good is only okay...

Website
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    *scratches head* challenge for what? o_O yeah I saw the self portrait but Im really only at school during the night..

haha fuki! sorry dood I sooo totally forgot to call you when I was at comicon ;_; I didn't go saturday because of some stupid crap but I went today for a couple hours.. err yeah o_O

Thanks
    challenge for what?
    no reason just friendly competition, you know to better yourself and other bullshit like that to see who can come up with better designs for a topic...and it dosent matter that your at school only during the night I'm there the whole day (or somewhere near by) litterally morning afternoon and night for three days strait

anybody else wanna battle? I'm not that great honest

bad is good and good is only okay...

Website
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey April..that wouldn't happen to be that Dragonshard Wars game, would it?
    Why, yes it would!
    ^^

The name is new--I'm still getting used to it. It was announced without a name on Gamespy or Gamespot or one of those places a few months ago...

And Atari had it at their booth at the ComicCon--demo only.

I couldn't make to down to Comic Con because I've got a couple of freelance deadlines hanging over my head (card game stuff); plus I'm trying to get ready for GenCon. I go every year and sell stuff there.

It's a busy time of year, with all the cons--and doing the computer game stuff...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I0N
    challenge for what?
    no reason just friendly competition, you know to better yourself and other bullshit like that to see who can come up with better designs for a topic...and it dosent matter that your at school only during the night I'm there the whole day (or somewhere near by) litterally morning afternoon and night for three days strait

anybody else wanna battle? I'm not that great honest

hmmmm.. ok you call it in the dsg thread on aiforums k?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    Why, yes it would!
    ^^

The name is new--I'm still getting used to it. It was announced without a name on Gamespy or Gamespot or one of those places a few months ago...

And Atari had it at their booth at the ComicCon--demo only.

I couldn't make to down to Comic Con because I've got a couple of freelance deadlines hanging over my head (card game stuff); plus I'm trying to get ready for GenCon. I go every year and sell stuff there.

It's a busy time of year, with all the cons--and doing the computer game stuff...
    Yeah, I stumbled across the demo at the Con. Hung out to watch it (as I'm just getting into Eberron). Really nice looking engine/levels on that baby.

Mmm...GenCon...I'm assuming you mean the Indi one? I'm gonna have to wait til the Anaheim one. I haven't been to an RPG convention in years...looking forward to that.

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Yeah, I stumbled across the demo at the Con. Hung out to watch it (as I'm just getting into Eberron). Really nice looking engine/levels on that baby.
    One of Liquid's producers and ass't producers were down there demo-ing it. It's cool that someone actually saw it--out of the 70,000 or so people who were at ComicCon. The guy sitting next to me does a lot of the level work--decorating, texture tiles, special effects, vert painting... He's doing an incredible job. The environment looks eons better than our last game (War of the Ring) and that didn't look too bad.

With most games I've worked on, I'm usually pretty sure the game will LOOK as good as it can, not because we think we're great artists, but most people working in the industry are pretty good, art-wise. It's usually a problem with engines and game-play, I think--or poor direction--but then, I may be a tad biased!!!

Mmm...GenCon...I'm assuming you mean the Indi one? I'm gonna have to wait til the Anaheim one. I haven't been to an RPG convention in years...looking forward to that.
    I always go to the Indy GenCon. It's bigger and most paper/tabletop game companies go there.

They just started the one in Anaheim last year. I was actually the Artist Guest at that one--which was no big deal since it was SMALL and people stayed away because it was too close to Christmas (and first years of cons tend to be a bust anyway--it takes a while to build up the membership).

I'll probably go this year--but it's even closer to Christmas--so it'll probably be AWFUL. They picked such horrible dates because they (Atkinson/Gencon) went for a long-term deal (cheaper), and so could negotiate a better date for the year after this one. If Gencon-LA doesn't die before then for lack of vendors and attendees, 2005 should be a better year to attend...

If anyone wants free-lance work from paper games, going to GenCon-Indy is a good idea. Most companies are there--artists are there--players are there. It's good for handing out samples, getting business cards, meeting ADs, networking, etc. But pay for free-lance in paper games pretty much sucks--so be warned! WotC pays OK, but everyone else can't afford to pay a lot. ... It IS fun work, though. I like doing it in my spare time...

------------

Unrelated question-- How many ACCD alums go back for events there? I haven't been back in ages. I was wondering if there were any events or programs that seem worthwhile?

There are those reunion-type things... but I never really saw the point unless I know someone who said they were going and just wanted to hang out with them...

Thanks

southern CA

I don't come here often, but I'm just popping in to check out the new site design. I'm another Los Angeles artist, another CalArts Character Animation graduate (class of 2000). I live in Santa Clarita. Right now, I'm unemployed, but I usually work in the videogame industry. I've been at Wayforward Technologies and Paradox.

Hi Fletchgirl!!!!

Thanks
    Abby wrote: I've been at Wayforward Technologies and Paradox.
    Paradox-- Do you know Jeff Wand?

Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5