Dragon/Human Illustration project
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dragon/Human Illustration project

Hi, I have been given a Uni project where I have to work towards producing an image of a dragon and human character of my own design. The image must also have some text in it and to be drawn up in Illustrator. My initial plan was for it to be done in an illustrated Children's book style, I'm still going for that look but the characters so far are looking more suited for a teen audience. Should get stuck into roughing out the first draft tomorrow, I'm keen to hear peoples opinions on which of the Human concepts I have done at the bottom seems to most suit the project and the chosen dragon concept.

Anyway this is pretty much my conceptual process so far:

Attached Images Attached Images                      
    Visit my sketchbook Here
    Or my Blog Here
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm personally kind of fond of the guy with aviator goggles. Especially if you're going to go with the green dragon.

My sketchbook

DA

"This is a paint and pixel-splattered furnace that forges the swords of artistic mastery. This is a place where swarthy and belligerent dwarves drink turpentine mead, berate their apprentices and slap the trade into their skulls. It's where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares." --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea falling back to the aviator goggles design would have probably been the better choice had I wanted to stick to the children's book theme. I had been doodling with the grappling hook dude and saw the most potential for a dynamic scene which I wanted to go ahead with.

Any thoughts? Especially about the colours, I'm really not sure about them.

Visit my sketchbook Here
    Or my Blog Here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't like how the last composition was working out, spent the day merging it with the first concept of the dragon and came up with this. I'm happy with it and am gonna go a head with vectorizing it now. I've haven't really used Illustrator to do anything like this, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I'm thinking when setting it up as vector art I will stack layers of transparent tones on top of each other to get the feel of form that I have in the digi painting. If anyone stumbles across this thread and has used Illustrator for this kind of thing, tips would be massively appreciated.

Visit my sketchbook Here
    Or my Blog Here

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.