Art: Corsare's portfolio

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Corsare's portfolio

Hi, guys! My name is Yana Dmitruk (also known as Corsare), I'm 19 years old freelance artist from Belarus. (So, English is not my native language, sorry)
    I want to become a professional illustrator, or a concept artist, I'm not sure yet.
    I really need your opinion, advice and critique.
    These are arts from my work portfolio, hope you enjoy. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,914 Times in 2,483 Posts
    I said this a few mins ago to another person here but it directly applies to you as well.

The most obvious area for you to work on, from my first impression here, is your lighting. It is all over the place.

a. when lighting your images choose the light direction and COLOR.
    b. use 1 key light and 1 fill light. They can be complimentary colors. The fill light is used to illuminate the shadows and the key light sets the overall lighting as the major source.

You would be well served to do some digital still life paintings under those circumstances. Until you solve this area the works are not going to be where they should be.

Also studies in specularity, transparency, reflection etc...would also be helpful.

Some composition master studies would also be wise too...wyeth..cornwell...any of the great narrative painters. Even Gerome.

JM

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get an additional month for free!

Thanks
    Thank you for the advice! Lighting and color are not my strong suit, I usually pay more attention to the anatomy and details.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.