Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 694 Posts
    Jamie Romoser: Thnks! I will happily continue to do so...

here are some variants and my chosen concept for the more recent cow topic, Great White Rock Crusher
    Attachment 1380917
    Attachment 1380918
    Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I like last one, did you use referance?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alrap For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Alrap: thnx, no references used for the last piece, normally it depends whether I used references or not

and Final...
    Attachment 1382746
    Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    another day, another creature....this one eats sharks btw...
    originally I was going to paint a supplementary illustration to go with this concept painting, but it just wasn't working out, so "F" it no illustration....
    Attachment 1386585

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ....and a quick photostudy
    Attachment 1386707

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    couldn't stop myself, so I did another photo study...this one's a bit rougher than my other ones but i only spent about an hour on this one...
    Attachment 1386758

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Those last 2 studies are looking awesome. For the first one, I really like how you got in the texture and shapes of the rock and waves crashing, but I personally find there is too much black :/ I feel like on the side with the shadow would have a few more highlights on it as well,seeing as it's still bright outside and it won't be that dark. I'd suggest using more colour variety throughout and even in the reflections of the water. Water's got some green in it sometimes too, especially on the surface
    As for the second one, I like it a lot more. I like the use of colour, a lot less black which is good I'm loving the small highlights for the trees. You managed to get the slopes pretty awesomely too. Looking good, I like it!
    And as for the COW, as I told you earlier, I really love it! Awesome stuff rob, cool sb. Keep it up =D

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JessiJellibean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    some silhouettes for this week's cow, quite pleased with these designs, gonna make some more tomorrow...the topic is freestyle, btw so don't try to look for any themes they have in common cuz there are none...
    Attachment 1387305

Thanks
    just a tiny little update...while working on some more silhouettes for cow I came up with this little guy, just having a little fun...unfortunately this is full sized image...I was working on silhouette/thumbnails afterall...
    Attachment 1387769

Thanks
    ...and another set of thumbs for cow...
    I like 6 and 8, 5 is decent, 7 blows...
    4 AM we've gotta stop meeting like this, other hours are getting jealous
    Attachment 1387788

Thanks
    ok a bunch of stuff I did over the holidays...plus some more creature thumbs for cow...

just a bunch of garbage put together, and some studies...no ref used btw
    Attachment 1388704
    an unfinished creature thumbnail that was taking too long, a little undead demon elephant thingy, and a crustecean head
    Attachment 1388705
    s'more creature thumbs for cow
    Attachment 1388706
    and a quick Jon Davis portrait who dissapproves my painting and drawing skills
    Attachment 1388707

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 721 Posts
    Great creatures! Rob, that was a pretty crazy round with the voting! We almost had 3 winners you know?
    Some nice concepts in these last posts. I'm not sure, but you seem to be using the blacks for creating silhouettes. Careful though when you start rendering; pure blacks rarely actually happen, even in the shadows.
    I've noticed you handle the feet of your creatures really well. They're mostly functional and make sense. I often end up going easy on them.. but they deserve attention.

Nice work, see you at the C.o.W!

Take a look at my Website!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Anthis: Thanks, man! Yeah I know very close, personally I would've preferred three winners, but I can't be to upset and well there's a new round every week. And besides the round was pretty close to having 4 winners as well since third place was two points behind first.

An update in the world of me!

My first ever artblog, Building-A-Legacy (link also available in my signature) is now up and running! Currently lacking content because of it's youth it will grow to become, what I hope, is a gallery of art that many will enjoy! Man I'm hyping this up like people care, lol. But self promotion is the best way to get your name out there!

and another thing that is off topic, I have decided to withdraw my current entry to cow and start anew one, not really happy with the current progess of the creature I chose so starting fresh is the best way to get myself back into the groove of things, plus it was taking way to long anyways...despite being mostly rendered from the silhouette. I do have a few other ideas in mind so stay tuned...or don't, your choice! btw Happy New Year people! May 2012 be welcomed warmly and 2011 be remembered charitably...if thats a word :/

Thanks
    Crazy progres Rob - loving those cow entries especially!
    Available for Freelance - http://www.veshkau.com

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Veshkau For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Veshkau: Thanks, dude!

Latest Cow piece, decided half way through that, despite all the thumbs I made, I would come up with different. Topic was freestyle, which always makes it harder when you can design whatever you want, so I picked a subject, Desert Predator and ran with it. Fairly pleased with the outcome, scales may need a bit a of tweaking, but I may never get to it so I'll just leave as is.
    Attachment 1394180

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast