Art: Ryan Wardlow's Portfolio Review

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Ryan Wardlow's Portfolio Review

I'm relatively new to this site but am hitting it with full force. Would love to have any and every critique on my work. I'm not shy and am used to getting my work torn apart, so don't hold back. haha

I very much appreciate everyone's help.

As well you may also review my online portfolio here- http://artofryanwardlow.weebly.com

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    These are all really good. I only notice a couple things.

1) In the environments your edges can use a lot of work. In some places they are soft when the shouldn't be and vice versa. There isn't really any order to how you chose to make them hard or soft.

2) In the characters (which look great!), I find the colours are much weaker. You are using too much black in the shadows and it is really hurting them. Looking through your other work on your site there shows that colour is a weak point in general for you, so I would study hard on improving it.

Anyhow, your composition and painting skills are quite good overall. Good luck!

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Sonea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you very much for the critique Andrew. I have to admit that color isn't my strong point, but I definitely hear you on improving it.

Just saw your work and it's amazing! If there are any other words of wisdom you would like to offer me I'd very much appreciate it.

Again, thank you.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.