Teen Challenge 116: Spirit Animal - Voting

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Which seat should I take?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • tempest-haze

9 37.50%
  • Ludic

3 12.50%
  • zelda_geek

10 41.67%
  • The Pariano

5 20.83%
  • Sulphur

5 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Teen Challenge 116: Spirit Animal - Voting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah what!!??? i thought we still had another 2 hours till the deadline!

I need to figure out the whole timezone thing...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Follows
    Following

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha ryanoir, i just googled that before i saw your post. figured that out so it shouldnt be a problem from now on.

ok, crits:

tempest-haze: your colors and atmosphere are really great and i like the overall mood of the piece. for me though, the brief isnt very apparent from the image. the lion does have that shiny glowy-ness which suggests it could be more than some regular lion, but its only that: suggested. there also isnt much connection between the warrior and the lion. he could have just stumbled upon it, he could be about to fight it; we dont know. make their connection more obvious. other than that, good job

Ludic: I can definitely see some improvement from your earlier stuff same thing i said to tempest-haze though: make the connection b/w guy and spirit animal more obvious. the composition feels a little cramped as well; i think you can take out one of the guys in the foreground. also, the values on the eagle are looking a little flat. i dont think you were really bothering with color on this one so i wont say much, but just watch out for using all the same hues. switch it up with warmer/cooler and sifferent levels of saturation. nice work

zelda_geek: nice colors as usual not much to crit with this one other than i think the kid coud be a little lighter overall to show a wee bit more detail. the piece also has a lot of movement and i think it would be good to have played with having the view be much closer to the boy and have him take up more space in the composition. as of right now the composition is kinda static. cool piece though!

The Pariano: I like how this turned out. i think the dude in he front could have been more resolved though. i understand that hes not the focus, but since hes so close to the viewer it would be good to detail him a bit more, even if youre going to blur him out later.

Sulpher: hahaha i like this. good sense of scale and nice colors its just not reading as "spirit" to me though. it just looks like a giant walrus. you probably didnt want to g th obvious glowy animal route, but i think you should have something showing its not just a giant, toothy walrus; like glowing eyes or something. awesome stuff

voted for The Pariano's cuz i think it fits the most with the brief

well, heres what i did. still kinda bummed i missed the deadline :/ oh well, learned my lesson for next time. im pretty happy with it but theres still a lot of things i need to improve on. like hands and feet and drapery and -- ill stop there, haha. anyway, till next time guys!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lancer_idenoure; April 18th, 2011 at 02:21 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lancer_idenoure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lancer_idenoure: Thanks for the crit! And sorry you missed the deadline. It would've definitely gotten my vote. Still, I'd like to offer you a crit in return, if you don't mind.
    I like the overall composition of your piece, and the poses you chose for both the spirit and the person are tricky, but you pulled them off nicely. His hands, however, seems a bit "childlike" if you get what I mean? Also, his upper arm is too long in comparison to his forearm. Other than that, this piece was great (and I also like the lighting as well).

I have to get to class but more critiques later!

EDIT: Here we go:

Ludic: Awesome composition, but I feel you could've pushed the values a bit more. As is, the animal and the people look like silhouettes. Maybe also make it more apparent that the bird is a spirit?

zelda_geek: This was an overall great illustration. My only comment is that the boy's anatomy seems a bit off and looks to be lacking in detail when compared to the rest of the piece. Other than that, great work!

The Pariano: This was a favorite of mine. I really see nothing to point out, but I would have maybe spread the elements of your piece out. The composition feels a bit cramped.

Sulphur: haha this piece made me smile I agree with lancer_idenoure that the animal doesn't quite strike me as a "spirit." However, I have to give you credit for thinking outside the box.

Last edited by l'Aria; April 19th, 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 394 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Voted zelda_geek. Great composition and colours, nice work.

Also, LOL'd at the poll question.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.