Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Raphire's Sketchbook! Let's GO! 2.5 years into daily practice!

EDIT: Go to last page for stuff that is less crappy!

Mostly studies and some personal work. I will be posting quite frequently now

SKIP THE FIRST FEW PAGES IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR EYES TO BLEED!

Name:  dash_vault.gif
Views: 270
Size:  842.7 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Raphire; August 3rd, 2013 at 02:11 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    Good decision to start this We have much more idea about your skills and flaws this way.

You aren't conceited, that's nice but don't think too little of you, just because you're still a beginner and don't produce anything like the most more skilled ones on CA. I've seen much, much worse stuff here. And you mentioned clean sketches in other SBs. Yeah, I know what you are talking about but look at my pencil sketches somewhere in the end of my sb, they're my best pencil sketches and they are damn messy. I wouldn't look at them, but if you cheer you up a little...
    Your face expressions aren't bad Even if something is a little off, I see the character and expression, that's nice.
    Your figures has various problems, an occuring one is their waist. You think it's something very thin but in reality, ribcage and pelvis aren't so far from each other and there are some important stuff there, you now... Even if one use tight corsets, the ribcage changes as well. Study the main masses of the body, especially the pelvis.

Thanks
    Hey shiNIN! Thanks for dropping by.

Yea I have the most trouble with pelvises, which reminds me I need to draw the hip bones from a bunch of perspectives. Do you have any titles to recommend for in depth anatomy?(bones and all)
    So far I only have all the Loomis and Vilppu books from looking around in the forums, and none of them seem to go down to the bones.

And can you put your finger on how the faces are off? I can't seem to tell. Is it the lack of symmetry?

Your sketchbook is really inspiring, to think I actually considered myself as working rather hard. I think you did more than me in a week than I can do in a month, you're definitely not slacking off as you say in your posts. There was also great improvement as well, I must agree with what other people in the thread are saying: it's time to work on a finished painting to see how far you've come.

Well I'm gonna go draw stuff now, I'm the one that has been slacking off!

Sink into syncronicity, thinking in links. Drinking ink, crinkling blank foreheads and squinting and blinking at things

My Sketchbook
    Mad Spartans!!!:
    Creusa
    n1frit
    Liberty
    Hu-ha
    Deviantart: http://raphire.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    I'm so totally lazy, I barely draw, I don't even really started, I'm half-assed But really. I collect stuff but actual drawing scares me... Especially bodies OTL

Oh regarding bones and especially pelvises, I just collect stuff from the net... For heads I have some books and tutorials but nothing for bones... And I collected zillion pictures about muscles as well It was troublesome because some of them was wrong (I even find anatomy problems in anatomy books... even in Loomis's books) and I searched to see where a single muscle is for several hours sometimes... Now I have some idea about the muscles but it doesn't mean I can draw a human figure. I love anatomy by the way, it's exciting and beautiful... And it's extremely hard as well

About your faces... The sketches are nice in general, but the eyes of the painted girls are often too big/long and assymmetrical. But I can say you paint pretty sensual lovely lips The third painted face has a very tiny nose and too scribbly hair. We can't and shouldn't draw every single hair but I better not talk about painting hair because I'm very bad at it.

Thanks
    Symmetry is something that utterly eludes me, I've no idea why the more I try to fix it the more skewed it gets sometimes.

Haha, I definitely have that problem of looking at threads, tutorials and reading articles and collecting more stuff than I draw.

I started drawing 5 hours ago but now all I have to show for is 48 30 sec gestures and a page of cylinders which I wont be posting due to the crappiness, and the following:

Sink into syncronicity, thinking in links. Drinking ink, crinkling blank foreheads and squinting and blinking at things

My Sketchbook
    Mad Spartans!!!:
    Creusa
    n1frit
    Liberty
    Hu-ha

Thanks
    More working on basics, a quick study of an egg before I have it for breakfast.

My Sketchbook
    Mad Spartans!!!:
    Creusa
    n1frit
    Liberty
    Hu-ha

Thanks
    My first landscape, reffed the tornado, but it looks pretty fail.
    Guess I'll pull the supernatural card then. It's a spirit tornado!

My Sketchbook
    Mad Spartans!!!:
    Creusa
    n1frit
    Liberty
    Hu-ha

Thanks
    You don't waste your time Good
    And the egg is wonderful, I love it. I plan to draw one myself, I buy very pretty ones lately.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shiNIN View Post
    You don't waste your time Good
    And the egg is wonderful, I love it. I plan to draw one myself, I buy very pretty ones lately.
    If you look around, you can find nice ceramic eggs traditionally used for darning socks. That way you don't have to worry about how long it's been out of the fridge.

The Nezumi Works Sketchbook - Now in progress

My online portfolio

Bloggity blog

"Skill is the result of trying again and again, applying our ability and proving our knowledge as we gain it. Let us get used to throwing away the unsuccessful effort and doing the job over. Let us consider obstacles as something to be expected in any endeavor; then they won't seem quite so insurmountable or so defeating." - Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    @ shiNIN: I swear eggs over here all look the same, haha

@Nezumi Works: I've certainly never seen those before, what kind of store might have them?

Today was kinda crappy, like the day before yesterday. Nothing decent to submit but I'm gonna put a few pages here anyway, more of a kind of training log than anything else. Not gonna post the terrible 30 sec and 2 min gestures though, I seem to have gotten worse at them

I don't seem to be improving.

My Sketchbook
    Mad Spartans!!!:
    Creusa
    n1frit
    Liberty
    Hu-ha

Thanks
    I swear the more I sleep the more my head hurts.

Stuff today that's a bit more than senseless scribbling and are not 30 sec gestures, obviously reffed:

My Sketchbook
    Mad Spartans!!!:
    Creusa
    n1frit
    Liberty
    Hu-ha

Thanks
    stuff I threw together in a few mintutes before I go slack off:

My Sketchbook
    Mad Spartans!!!:
    Creusa
    n1frit
    Liberty
    Hu-ha

Thanks
    after slacking off, two quick sketches:

My Sketchbook
    Mad Spartans!!!:
    Creusa
    n1frit
    Liberty
    Hu-ha

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.