Sketchbook: Etneid's Sketchbook (NSFW - some gore/nudity) - Updated 5/13

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Etneid's Sketchbook (NSFW - some gore/nudity) - Updated 5/13

Hey folks!

I posted here years ago but I was working too many hours to keep up with posting...SO - FRESH START.

I would really like to start improving my work and if all goes as planned I'll be posting once or twice a week here.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by etneid; May 13th, 2011 at 07:54 PM.
    "They said, please, please make love with Helen, we require an assertion of value, we are frightened."

My Sketchbook! (NSFW - some nudity/gore)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice start ,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @himart - thanks! I hope to continue in that direction!

I skimmed through a handful of recent stuff and picked out a bunch to put here.

1 - Self representation stuff
    2 - Just a few hyena sketches - I've been developing an interest in them
    3 - Not from reference - just warming up - I ought to do this more often
    4 - Same as above - just warming up
    5 - Sketch of one of my dogs
    6 - Hugh - one of my alters/others.
    7 - A pretty little lady. :B
    8 - another bratty lady -_-
    9 - Dylan - one of my alters/others.
    10 - Madelin - one of my alters/others. Granted this is heavily stylized - I made her way too long - she only stands at about 4'11".
    11 - Charcoal on canvas of Casper (another alter/other) that I am eventually going to paint.
    12 - Another pretty lady. :B
    13 - Part of one of Casper's journals.
    14 - Self portrait doodle with a cat on my head.
    15 - Girl with a pot on her head.
    16 - A handful of my alters/others (Casper, James, Madelin, Ian, and Billy) on a card I sent to a friend.
    17 - Oni (One of my partners alters) - I got this out pretty quickly.

More in a few days!

Last edited by etneid; April 17th, 2011 at 12:22 PM.
    "They said, please, please make love with Helen, we require an assertion of value, we are frightened."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really nice sketches btw , specially the 2 pic

keep posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @himart - thanks again!

Aside from the first two - these are all mostly small drawings/doodles I've done during my breaks at work.

1 - Tried using a paintchat. I haven't used a group drawing board for a while. This was the only sketch worth saving and I liked it.
    2 - Another image of Dylan (one of my others/alters)
    3 - Scribbles of Casper and I (Casper is one of my alters/others)
    4 - Ohhhh god his hands ;_; This was fun to doodle up anyways.
    5 - When I started this one I didn't like it at all but I've been trying to force myself to continue working on and improving things. In the end it came out alright.
    6 - frustrated quick self stuff
    7 - One of my alters/others, Bill, wearing a dog mask and ears. Really quick.
    8 - Ouch. Leda (alter/other).
    9 - Just a random girl doodled up with my five billion bic pen colors.
    10 - A page out of Luke's journal (one of my others/alters)
    11 - Some font by Sebastien (one of my others/alters)
    12 - A page out of Dylan's journal (again - an alter/other) I included these because I've had a handful of people find the different writing styles interesting. >_> There are tons of them.

More soon. I had a great walk by the river this morning and almost tripped over a copperhead! I also found some snake skin and a few toads. I wish I had my camera. (Is enjoying the weather)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,520 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    this rocks:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1303657148
    great work. what is an alter?

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man seems like you have a good start, nice drawings man, especially like the ink stuff. However if you really want to improve you should start hitting up some studies etc for example any Andrew Loomis books which you can find for free since they are out of print here http://conceptart.org/forums/showpos...8&postcount=16

Fun with a pencil is early beginner stuff, however figure drawing for what its worth is great to start off with as well.

Good luck

Currently looking for work!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dilated For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Velocity Kendall - Glad you liked that one. I am always hesitant to post the things I get frustrated over. I have dissociative identity disorder - an alter (I prefer the term "other" myself but alter is more of a widely used term) is essentially another person sharing the same head-space as you. Some people with DID only have a few, others can have hundreds - I'm probably somewhere in the middle so I'll be mentioning them fairly often in here. DID is an intensely fascinating (and misunderstood) mechanism and a lot more widespread than most people think - if you have any other questions or are curious I'm sure I could dig up some good material for you to read about it.

@Dilated - Thanks so much for the book links! I think I may have downloaded a few of them a while ago but I have no idea what I did with them afterward. I know I definitely have a lot to improve - it's been years since I took any life studies courses/have been able to spend a significant amount of time on artwork. I should also start breaking out the charcoal again because that was definitely one of my stronger mediums (I work best when I'm making a total mess!)

Edit/PS - I'm uploading a few older pieces from within the past few years (when I had more time to spend on them) to this post - let me know if those are better to gauge with? I really need to revisit a lot of my older work. Thanks again!

1&2 - Both acrylics from around 2007 - this was during one of the last art classes I was able to take. I probably spent between 2 + 3 hours on each of those. I really wish that I'd taken them both a lot further.
    3 - From early 2010 I think. About 45 minutes at a museum. (Something else I know I need to look into now that I've relocated)
    4 - Just included this because it was some quick observation in a waiting room. Probably also from early 2010.

Last edited by etneid; April 24th, 2011 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been spending more time outside taking pictures than drawing this week because the weather has been great. I have a few hundred more pictures for reference though. Thought I would share a few and one or two non-related sketches.

1 - Last Wednesday. The water level was pretty low because the weather had been nice.
    2 - An old broken down stone construct. That's Tyber (my dude) about to climb up.
    3 - This was taken about a week before the two above - the water level was about 4 feet higher because of the rain. Half of the trails were completely inaccessible.
    4 - Pretty certain this was a copperhead - this is the second time we spotted him. Looks like he was shedding (or just covered in mud/dirt) and definitely one of the biggest I've seen since we've moved here.
    5 - I really liked the color of these flowers. I don't know what they are - by a park near the house.
    6 - An abandoned house directly across the street from my apartment. I want to peek inside so bad. >_>
    7 - Just started coloring a sketch I made a few days ago - has a ways to go.
    8 - From a few days ago - sloppy colored sketch
    9 - A few months old but I wanted to share. Sol (left) and Maddock (right) both are alters/others. I found an excellent tutorial about digitally painting over pencil sketches a few years ago that I really need to dig up again because I would love to paint/color some of these eventually.

I have more stuff to tidy up and scan tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there, etneid! You have really great sketches here! I'll be definitely waiting to see more from you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, lovely faces uve drawn...they look great
    anyways just here for a motivator.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @tronrobot -thanks a bunch! I hope they keep getting better.

@Satupeikko - thanks so much! I'm definitely trying to keep on top of drawing at least a few times a week so I can get in the habit of regular updates.

I just have a quick digital sketch to upload tonight (loosely based on an old photo of myself). I haven't gotten around to scanning anything in a few days. I've dug up a ton of old and new photos that are perfect to start working on backgrounds/landscapes/figure stuff now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got the chance to watch a heron hunting for an hour or two a few days ago. My friend corrected me on the difference between herons and cranes (because I've always had them confused).

1-3 - small quick sketches while I was watching it hunt
    4 - small pen/marker sketch of casper (one of the opening pages of my sketchbook)
    5 - a photo of the heron

More soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.