Sketchbook: Oh, rly?! Yeah, rly!! Newbie-sketchdump

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Oh, rly?! Yeah, rly!! Newbie-sketchdump

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oh, rly?! Yeah, rly!! Newbie-sketchdump

Hey Folks,

I'm a 23 year old gurl from germany that finally took the guts to start a sketchbook!

Up till now I've just drawn as a hobby, which for me means...once every couple of months and without giving a real thought to unimportant stuff like anatomy, colours and composition...

But now the time finally has come! I need to learn to draw!
    Obviously I've got tons of problems. I'm still a slowpoke, I'm not used to Photohop and most importantly...I've got no system! I could eat tons of tutorials all day (which I also do) but still wouldn't know if its better to start off with simple anatomy studys (which sounds good). But then again, what kind of anatomy studies? Whole bodys? Eyes? Ears? Torsos? Legs? Muscles? Bones?Movement? And while I think of it and draw them my fingers itch and I want to learn something about composition and colours. And then again they itch because they want to learn something about using Photoshop.

Sooo...in this sketchbook you'll probably see a whole bunch (or actually I think not that much..) of diffrent crapstuff until the day I finally find my system! I also can't promise the updates will be regular since...well..acutally I don't know why, so I'll just have to kick myself and try to make them regular =D

Rip me apart with your criticism if you like! I'll be happily looking forward to it!

1.Done with SAI some months ago
    2.Some speedpaintings from imagination 30~40mins
    3. Handstudies from posemaniacs.com and bodies from http://mjranum-stock.deviantart.com/

Attached Images Attached Images                            
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now some stuff from this week done with ps
    Last one with Photoreference from http://mjranum-stock.deviantart.com/...et=48#/d34kn3g

Still trying to find out which Brushes work out best for me =(
    It' still pretty hard to handle Ps for me xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some update of the last days.

Trying to understand anatomy a little better. As you can see I'm not too good with traditional shading. I'm working with Louise Gordons Book and useful tutorials from CA (f.e Kchens class demos) and its fun!...Most of the things are still off though...xD
    Also some 30 second poses from posemaniacs and some from imagination

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Erster
    Hey, ich erlaube mir einfach mal auf deutsch zu schreiben, interessiert ja sowieso niemanden (ausser vllt dich) was ich zu sagen habe Deine Probleme kann ich gut nachvollziehen ... Photoshop zu lernen ist dabei aber noch eher eins der geringsten, denn das passiert von selbst im Laufe der Zeit. Anatomiestudien sind einfach ein notwendiges Übel, um deine Frage von meinem Standpunkt aus zu beantworten, sind Ganzkörperstudien wahrscheinlich noch am sinnvollsten für den Anfang ... schließlich painted man eher ganze Szenerien inklusive diverser Charakter, als einzelne Körperteile. In die Details kannst du dich immernoch einfuchsen ...
    Finde aber deine Kolorationen schon recht gut, das Nachtelfenorkvogelding sticht dabei besonders hervor (kennst du die League of Legends Speedpaintings auf Youtube? erinnert mich jetzt spontan ein bisschen daran ...).
    Also dann, keep up the good work

No skill still isn't a new side.
    ~ Arnold Böcklin

Visit my sketchbook-gallery kinda thing ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Regenschirm =D

(I'll answer in english..just because...well dunno! xD)

Thanks so much for your reply! Maybe you're right and I should concentrate more on the whole pose and gesture thingy. Still I had in mind that it couldn't be wrong to learn what exactly happens behind the flesh, just to be able to recognize how exactly the parts of the body behave in certain poses.
    But anyways I'm still trying to get an idea of the diffrent approaches out here. Still have to find one that applies best to me.
    I sadly don't know the LoL Speedpaintings, but I'm sure to check them out =D
    Thanks for your kind words

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.