Sketchbook: A long road for Reva
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: A long road for Reva

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post A long road for Reva

Hello everybody. I'm finally de-lurking and a sketchbook seemed a good way to start.

I have no art education and thought I have little in terms of experience and skill, I'm willing to learn. All kinds of advice will be very welcome.

Let's see what I've got so far...

1 - Observation drawing of my hand. Which, in restropect, is not the best of models since my fingers have the tendency of bending in unnatural directions.
    2 - Frustrated observation drawing of my uncooperative cat.
    3 to 7 - Practicing poses. First one was quite a failure in balance, but I'm not sure what to work on the others. Thoughts?

Note: Since I have no living models, I used Posemaniacs.com as base for these. Should I not do it? I'm working on finding a place where I can draw real people, but it's convenient to have something that works 24/7.

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More stuff:

1 - I wasn't sure of what to practice, but just kept drawing as it was better than nothing.

2 - Forcing myself to come up with different emotions than sadness, happiness or anger and try to draw them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, forgot to post yesterday...

1 - Observation of my cell phone, 2 an 3 point perspectives
    2 - More poses. The 5m and 9m near the drawings are the minutes each one took.
    3 and 4 - 90 second sketches using Posemaniacs' tool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome aboard to concept art ^^. I know drawing from real life is always best but since you can't pose manics is an awesome way to help.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, nice poses man.., just a question, are you structuring your subject or are you just doing the outline directly? Cause in most poses I can only see the outline..., remember that it helps a lot to go from inside out. Sort of drawing a sketch of the skeleton, and then, moving on to some structures glued to them, and then, you can try the outline...

Don't know if it'll help you, but it sure helps me...

Keep on practicing and posting! That's the only way to get better!

My sketchbook - help me get better!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandoart View Post
    Hey, nice poses man.., just a question, are you structuring your subject or are you just doing the outline directly? Cause in most poses I can only see the outline..., remember that it helps a lot to go from inside out. Sort of drawing a sketch of the skeleton, and then, moving on to some structures glued to them, and then, you can try the outline...

Don't know if it'll help you, but it sure helps me...

Keep on practicing and posting! That's the only way to get better!
    It depends... Some of the 90 seconds drawings had very little structure, most of the times I try to make schemes before going to the outline. Sometimes I even get too caught in it and end up taking very long. Always hard to find a good balance.

Thanks for the advice, people, I'll keep trying!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Posemaniacs is ok but I find that it's hard to add real weight and dynamics with many of the poses on there. One of the most impartant things when doing quick sketches like this is to capture the "attitude" of the pose real quick. Try to push yourself to draw to whole figure with just a few lines and not get too caught up in the details but concentrate on placing all the important parts, primarily the torso, hips and feet. After that you can always add more. Keep going, I'm seing improvements already!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Slacked off yesterday, way too tired. *shame on me*

Studying muscles and trying to apply the advice people gave me, but not so sure if there was any improvement... At least the bigass anatomy poster my aunt gave me in hopes I went for Medicine in college was useful at last (though its original intent remains unfulfilled).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello and welcome to Ca, glad u finally made ur own sb. I just wanted to say that u are off to a very good start here. alot of great studies, different studies. perspecctive, ppl, cats haha. good selection. one tip that I see u are using on some things but u should try out more, is to break down the figures into smaller objects and use lines to see reletions in angles. Look how the knees face in comparisation to each other and draw that line so u dont loose it, same with hips and shoulders.

keep it up and just say hey listen! and I will try to help out. I am no pro, not at all. But I like to meet new ppl and I think I am kind of good to see what ppl need to practice on more.

take care and upload some more and I will try to give u critique.

peace / braiin

Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.