wacom problem

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: wacom problem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

wacom problem

hello all new to the forums and hope to become very active.

With my buget as a starving artist I was able to purchase a wacom tablet graphire 3 true its kind of small but feels right for a first time user of a graphic tablet ( I had been painting with a mouse infared IBM mouse) my question is about getting the tablet to work with the brush features of photoshop 7. My tablet came with photoshop elements 1.0 it also came with a flash tutorial that shows you how to enable the brush features inside the program by clicking the more options button. Only problem is I dont see the more options button. I have gone through the menus in photoshop elements "view" "window" but i dont see a more options selection to go along with the brush options. In photoshop 7 in the brushes pallete under "shape dynamics" control "pen pressure" the area is greyed out it is also greyed out in the tilt area. Any ideas as to why this is happening . Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
    thanx

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello again all i just downloaded photoshop elements 2.0 and that fixed part of my problem wacom sucks for packaging software that does not able the full potential of the tablet is that why it was 99 bucks any how how about photoshop 7.0 please tell me i am missing something and that i dont have to upgrade to photoshop cs to enable the pressure option in the brushes pallete., thanx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont think you should upgrade to cs for that. looks like your pressure sensitivity doesnt work for some reason. I am clueless about the reason though... best of luck to you.

and thats all..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had the same problem when I bought a wacom graphire 2 from futureshop... apparently it had some problems with windows xp, but they had a driver update from the site... see if wacom has a driver update for your table... pressure sensitivity should work for your tablet... if you know someone who has one properly installed, try taking yours over and pluggin it in and see if it works correctly on their computer with whatever software they have, then at least you know its not your tablet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all thnx for the reply. I think the tablet works fine because I downloaded the trial of photoshop elements 2.0 and I was able to select the more options feature when the paint brush is selected. But in photoshop 7 when I select the paint or air brush in the brushes pallete under "control" it is already set to "pen pressure" but the input box to the right of "pen pressure" is greyed out.Is it supposed to be like this? Or maybee I am painting wrong. Dont laugh if this is wrong but I usally start with a lighter color for what I am going to be painting I leave the airbrush flow at 100% and start with and opacity of 10% and increase the percentage of the opacity by increatments of 10% could this be apart of the problem. I would be nice if someone could post a screen shot of thier brush dialog boxes when using a wacom tablet then I could see if it right or wrong. My os is windows xp. and I have downloaded the latest drivers for the graphire
    I appreciate all the help thanx.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh! I see what you are saying, I think thats right...

you select pen pressure to be something like opacity, or stroke width... and then the actual box for opacity or width respectively will be greyed out, cause its controlled by the pressure on the pen

does the pressure work?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've got a graphire 2, and I've seen innumerable issues with these tablets...

A few days ago my mouse just stopped working outright... And just yesterday decided to start working again for no apparent reason...

I believe you have to add the program into the graphire's application settings. There should be a control panel for the tablet installed in your Start Menu...

-=(v)=-

Art calls for complete mastery of techniques, developed by reflection within the soul. - Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey all thanx for all the advice and help. sorry for the late response. After reading your post and testing it again in both photoshop elements 2.0 and photoshop. I guess I was a little to heavy handed. But in photoshop I still find myself turning the the opacity down to like 10% to start my basecolor. In photoshop or elements if I leave the opacity and the flow at 100% unsing either the paint or airbrush I cant achieve the same color as i do when setting the opacity down to 10%. I guess I am just heavy handed and need practice with the tablet. But for now I only see a use for the tablet for accuracy. Thanx for the help

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.