Why hasn't my thread/post shown up yet? - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't my thread/post shown up yet?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Mrs. Gordon,

Thanks for activating my account earlier today, haha, but now I'm having an issue with the post moderating system.

I'm kinda iffy about posting 20 posts in a day just to avoid this- so, I'm requesting for the approval of the posts I made for my new Sketchbook.

Thank you in advance.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I broke the limit and I still don't see my posts. A little help?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been a long time visitor to CA and had a different username in the past. I tried posting an introduction for myself in the newly created Explore 2011 forums only to find that my post ended up in moderation. I'm wondering how long this usually takes.

Thanks.

Will Schneller

Portfolio | Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a few posts (in WIP/Critique Center) that haven't shown up yet. I have 20 posts, and all the other things I post (and have posted in the past) show up immediately; any chance of getting these new ones approved?

Thanks for your time!

malice, whimsy, and illustration.
    www.wyliebeckert.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! I'm at 30+ posts may I please have my sketchbook approved? Thank you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So if the reason why my post is considered potential spam is because I attached lots of images, can I just request that pending post to be removed? Then I'll just make a new one with less images attached.

I don't want to start another thread then have my previously unapproved post suddenly get posted. It'd be a duplicate.

Sad to find out the site constantly gets bombarded by spam by the way. In the end its all hindering us new members from posting conveniently.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb

May I suggest requiring new members to be required to type CAPTCHA everytime they post? Once they clear the 10-15 post count, it would be no longer required.

So mods wouldn't have to investigate every new post that comes their way if its spam or not.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've have 21 posts and my sketchbook hasn't shown up. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a thread waiting moderation on the WIP forum.

I also have one for sketchbook that shouldn't be there. Was attempting to post it in the WIP forum and I must have had the window open for sketchbook still =P, please delete that one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahhhhhh ok thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am not spam, I am a person.... really !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, I've posted a number of times in the WIP and critique section and some of them seem to get through and others do not. I also noticed that my total post count in my user control panel is not consistent with how many posts I have actually submitted. I don't mean to whine, but I missed last week's creature of the week deadline from this, and I would really like to try to get some feedback in that thread this week. Thank you for your help.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aww, I had a sketchbook thread open for a bit, but then I went away for a few months. Now, when I tried to post in it, it says I need to wait for a moderator. It's already been a few days, though, should I try contacting someone about it or just wait my turn?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm having trouble getting my posts to show up too. I wrote a bit in some people's sketchbook threads and gave a couple crits, but they have not been approved yet. Is it possible that they will show up soon?
    I also agree with one of the above comments, a captcha would be a better idea

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Me too. By the time my comments are "approved", either by moderator (that's not how it works is it?) or by the time I have 15-20 posts, the threads will be hopelessly old. Seriously, is this the most effective way? Most people less curious than me would probably give up after their first post didn't show up and leave the forum. This could include really valuable members.

EDIT:
    Apparently none of my posts shows up any more. Wherever and whatever I post, however long, awaits moderator approval. Hopefully this edit won't remove my entire post. How can I accumulate 15-20 posts when I can't post anything?

Last edited by PaleBluePixel; December 24th, 2011 at 10:11 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PaleBluePixel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just curious... is there some formula for a post that doesn't get rejected? Whenever I leave a couple sentences saying something looks great, my post gets approved. But then when I try to leave a longer, helpful constructive critique, it goes into moderation limbo even without links or images.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why my post in this thread http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=233239 did not appeared?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2 quick questions:

- I tried posting in my own sketchbook, but I got message that it had to be approved, and thinking I did something wrong, or something went wrong with the site (the day before that, I had the same message, but posting it a second time it got posted immediatly).
    So my apologies for the duplicates, if a moderator gets around to them, just the last one should go trough.

-Are there some sort of "guidelines" as to how frequently a sketchbook should be updated, so far I have posted something every day, but I feel like some people might feel that it is to "spammy".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All my posts were suddenly released from limbo, with the consequence being that they were revived in hopelessly old threads, and my own first thread appeared very far down the list. A few of my posts now appear immediately, but many still gets lost in limbo, including some quite detailed feedback in WIP section. Is the uncertainty about where my posts go going to continue? I thought it would stop after the first time everything was released from limbo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook update in limbo after long hiatus

Hi, I haven't posted for awhile, and my most recent update to my sketchbook had a whole bunch of image attachments. Any way to work around this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello!

My post count is 20+ and yet the sketchbook thread I created hasn't been released yet.

Are there too many image tags? Should I make a new sketchbook or just wait a little longer?

Thanks so much for reading, sorry for the trouble! (again)

EDIT: It's up!

Last edited by Kuddlekins; December 28th, 2011 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Posting

Hi Emily,

I do not mean to bother you as I do not know who I am supposed to contact regarding this issue, however this is the only thread i found with a rough information on the topic. If it is another member of moderation please let me know.

I have some questions/statements, as I have only just started using the forums.

I have started a sketchbook, but when i post it states it needs to be moderated. My questions are the following even though I have seen some of them in this thread, you may now know the answer so ill repeat them in case;

1)How many posts do i have to make before i'm no longer considered a "spamer" by the system, and am able to use this website for its intended purpose?

Having only just discovered that this is a issue that occurs for new users, I would like someone to at least stick it in the FAQ, as I attempted to make multiple (unknown to me) repeat posts following the popup dialogue box about "moderation etc", that I could not fully read before it swiftly vanished!

I have to finally state that I feel this is a ridiculous issue to have essentially rendering posting a sketchbook impossible. This statement furthermore enforced by this threads existence, and its requests for post confirmation.

I understand moderation is necessary, however I had to confirm my account to even be here, like everyone. After that why not utilize an alternative post security such as CAPTCHA recognition, or at least state the attachment limit, and the mod' post limit somewhere when you sign up, so you actually know from the start and do have to waste so many peoples time. Regardless of this fact, it means I can not post regularly (if at all at this stage), and it deturs use.

A while back when I signed up, I had an issue with the fact I was not sent a confirmation email for a long period of time (and it did not go to spam). This meant that when I logged in, I could not even use PM to contact someone about re-sending the email, due to the "post minimum". I the end I had to search forums eventually ended up on DA, where I found a thread pertaining to this issue and upon which the members there were able to inform me on the problem they too had had.

I can only conclude from my personal experience that this "10 posts and you can use the site" due to spam, is an ineffective hindrance, and is not even available to learn about on FAQ. I had to search Google to find this thread.

I hope that this reads as constructive opinions/information. It is simply derives from the fact that I would like to sign up, contribute to the site, and become involved in the community without wasting hours of my time trying to solve issues that have been avoided on other forums through different security implementation.

I hope I have not wasted anyone's time, rewriting statements already made and that I have written in the correct location of the site. I apologise if I have not.

Kind Regards,
    Andy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, my sketchbook and a few comments on other threads aren't showing up either. Not sure how I can rack up my post count so that things will go through, if I can't post at all in the first place :/

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Vekke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello!

I've had a post go missing in the only thread I've posted in so far ( http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=233615 ). It had two images in it; I've posted several posts with one image in them and they came though with no problem.

If somebody has time to look into this I'd appreciate it; if not I'll just wait until I rack up enough posts and try posting it again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried to answer my own thread today: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=232647
    Since my last post over a month ago has never showed up (if it's still around somewhere you can delete it, anyways), I'm afraid that the same thing will happen again, so I was hoping you could take a look

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I posted a reply on my sketchbook a few days ago and wasn't sure if it went through or not. I reposted the same content today in the thread, but now I understand they were both sent into moderation. Would it be possible to remove one of my duplicate posts, and send the other through moderation? Thanks for your help!

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Approve all the threads. Andy - that was quite a few duplicated threads there.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I posted a reply to my Artists Looking for Work thread over a week ago and it hasn't been approved yet, and was unable to reach the mod through PM. Any help in approval would be appreciated! It contains 2 images. Thank you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there, for awhile now I've passed 20 posts and none of my moderated posts have been released. Please, could someone release at least my sketchbook comments so that I may update it? - Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Superb, now my entire Sketchbook thread does not exist. Great artists here, but this is ridiculous.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 59