Doing Animation Portfolio Workshop to get into Max the Mutt: Good idea?
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Doing Animation Portfolio Workshop to get into Max the Mutt: Good idea?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Doing Animation Portfolio Workshop to get into Max the Mutt: Good idea?

Forgive me if this was asked before.

As an international student, I'm thinking of taking up Animation Portfolio Workshop so that I can get into Max the Mutt.

Just wanna know:
    Is it a good idea?

How does Animation Portfolio Workshop's lessons compare to Max the Mutt's Visual Arts Literacy (VAL)?

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am not sure about the contents of Max the Mutt Visual Arts Literacy, which used to be a common first year for all programs. I know things have changed, while the info on the homepage of the school is no longer up-to-date. I suggest you ask the school for details.

However, from what I gather from the APW pages, their program is very much geared towards drawing, while the first year of Max the Mutt also includes painting and colour theory, among other things. Also, APW seems to be aiming at getting you into Sheridan Animation Program, which has different portfolio requirements than Max the Mutt.

From what I have seen from APW, it definitely will not hurt you, I just don't think it is equivalent to Max the Mutt year one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Altercator.
    Sorry I missed your post here..I would have got back to you sooner.

Animation Portfolio Workshop is not a general arts program or an art fundamentals program.
    Visit this thread:

Animation Portfolio Workshop vs, Sheridan's Art Fundamentals Program

to get lots of feedback on that topic.

If the Visual Literacy Program at Max the Mutt is a general first year art program or like an art fundamentals program, then I can definitively say that we aren't like that..so if that's what you need to take to get the scholarship for their program than your best to take it or something like it that has the variety of art courses that generalist programs tend to offer.....

I know nothing about the VAL program so I honestly can't say anything about it.

With regards to eezaque's comments, I would have to say that I agree with what he has said about the Workshop, accept that we don't aim to get students into the Sheridan program...we aim to get them into whatever the school of their choice is when they come to us for help.

Now it does just so happen that the majority of students that come to us want to go into Sheridan Animation, so we accommodate their wishes.
    But basically, we deal with preparing students for any school that they wish to apply to....

By way of example, this year one of our students applied for and was accepted into the University of Toronto Biomedical Communications Program at the Master's level, with a portfolio she created and tailormade for that specific purpose in our Workshop.

Gerard Sternik / Director

Animation Portfolio Workshop

Last edited by Gerard Sternik; April 20th, 2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for replying Gerard.

Any of your former students from APW now in Max The Mutt that I can talk to so as to share their experience with?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Animation Portfolio Workshop Students

Hi Altercator

There aren't any of our students enrolled currently at Max the Mutt as far as I know.....

Have you found out specifically what is required for the scholarship that you’re after in terms of types of artwork, number of pieces, etc?

Gerard Sternik / Director

Animation Portfolio Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can I pm you the details?

Otherwise, here's the link to their scholarship page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, feel free to mail me and I'll look over the specs for the scholarship.

Gerard

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.