Sketchbook: 17 years old, 1 year till art school. Personal summer program = daily updates!

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

17 years old, 1 year till art school. Personal summer program = daily updates!

Welcome to my sketchbook

Hey everyone. So basicly I wanted to start a new sketchbook since I due to some issues didn't feel like posting or even drawing,
    that is why I now want to start on a fresh with this new sketchbook
    I'm 17 years old, wanting to go to the design school in 1½ years from now.
    I'm drawing each and every day, and I'm very commited to this, hope you will see

- So I'm gonna start off in a different way than last time, this is mostly sketches done in a short period of time, I'm really just learning the human anatomy right now
    The "human" ones are all 2-5 min sketches that, maybe 1 is 10.
    Will be updating reguarly since I don't want to be slacking !

Attached Images Attached Images                          
    Last edited by Ogihara; June 28th, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
    >>>Sketchbook<<<
    "First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst.”
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just a quick drawing... saw a creature a while ago.. didn't mean to steal his/her idea.. but this is how i remember it... more updates to come!

>>>Sketchbook<<<
    "First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst.”

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like these, especially the robot, and crazy scary dudes and the statue. It seems sometimes you're inconsistent, for instance the statue at the end of the 1st post and the chest (in which the nipple seems far too low), I would suggest you focus on your forms and shapes rather than shading and rendering so much.

Keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ TheFallenAngel - Thank you mate! Yea you are right, I need to work on shapes.. Will try to do line work maybe, no shading might do me good
    Yea I tried out digital again today, god I need to improve on that
    1st one is a real life study.. got overwhelmed by the clothing, so moved on to a selfportrait Hitting the bed, peace!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys.. so here is a photo study, some croquis studies, and some random sketches from the bus to highschool every day
    Sorry about the photos bad quality!!!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Human anatomy is a weak spot for me too. You're got some good figure studies here -- nice to hear that you're sketching from life since I've read lots of advice from different artists that suggest people to do exactly that. Keep it up

SKETCHBOOK - last updated 07/05/11

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ vicjs - yea anatomy is really tough man! I just started doing this, and damn I'm in deep, thank you for the comment tho

Anyways here is a moviestill just before bed.. Goodnight guys Peace!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here are the two digis from tonight, garlic one is real life study, second one is photo - got loads of drawings, but when its night, my camera sucks big time.. will upload some tomorrow maybe.. anyways, goodnight everyone! Peace!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so I continued doing the photograph study (Those HANDS are killing me!!!!!) Think I will add more details to it tomorrow, but haven't got time now, so just wanted to update you on the picture Peace!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just some random drawings, 2 of them are figures, other one I just did on the bus

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, that one guy in the middle above is kinda terrifying. XD

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)

My SketchBook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff so far. Keep up those practices!

My sketchbook

DA

"This is a paint and pixel-splattered furnace that forges the swords of artistic mastery. This is a place where swarthy and belligerent dwarves drink turpentine mead, berate their apprentices and slap the trade into their skulls. It's where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares." --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Reutte - Haha thanks man
    @Wooden Mango - Will do man! Will do!

Okay guys! So I tried my luck with acrylics haha First time trying to make something with this... Yea well, here is my little sister (studied from photo) Peace!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so here are some.. yea shitty updates, rendering might be better in digi, but I totally failed everything else.. Just wanna keep posting and not slack even tho updates might be bad. Peace everyone!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We are here to get better - so don't be afraid of failing And don't say your art is shitty, that's not good for the self-confidence. We all make mistakes.

I will try to give you some tips I'm thinking of.
    Use a mirror (analog) or flip your images (digital). That will really help you to see if things are out of the symmetry.
    For example, in your latest digital portrait some things tend to be to much on the left (do you understand that? I don't find the right english words, I'm sorry).
    And you should try use bigger brushes. Be confident about the strokes and define the edges more, especially between different objects, like the pullover and the skin.
    But it's good that you use hard brushes!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Valyavande - Thank you so much! I know I shouldn't say that, but todays drawings have been, oh well Not the best I can do at least.. I will take you advice with me for future paintings!

Okay so I just couldn't help it but relax with a photo study of a landscape before bed.. It feels good doing paintings & drawings each and every day, I hope I can continue this! Goodnight everyone, peace! Oh it didnt upload the image...

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is todays croquis drawings all vary from 1-10 mins.. I got told by a friend to just upload everything I'm doing, not just "the best".. So here it basicly is haha will write down on each how long they took next time.. Peace!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good Ogihara!

hmm I think we already talked about this today, buut i'll just write it here again anyways. The only way to improve is to do lots of studies. By studies i mean life drawing (croquis), still lifes, photostudies, and selfportraits. If you do a study (or more) every day you will improve your fundamental skills rapidly! If you have good fundamentals you can draw just about anything you imagine. So gaining fundamental skills is the key. And the only way to get good fundamentals is to study study study. I find that the best way to study is by drawing/painting from life, be it croquis or still lifes. So far i see that you have done many good studies, keep doing that!

And just remember, every time you do a study you improve(!), even if it does not feel like.

I will be checking in on your sketchbook regularly, just to make sure you are studying

(It is good to see that you are uploading everything )

My sketchbook:
    Fumble

My brothers sketchbook:
    Braintree

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Fumble - Yea man, I'll do my studies each and every day! I hope you'll be able to see some improvement over time !!! Gotta get those fundamentals down! See you next wednsday

Yea I'm sorry about this, uploading two times a day and not just all in a row.. But here is tonights landscape study.. Gosh theyr'e difficult Goodnight & Peace!!!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HEY GUYS!!
    Yea so I'm pretty happy today cus' I've drawn alot!
    Here are two paintings... First is a landscape photostudy & second is a selfportrait which I'm pretty happy about(downloaded some brushes I thourght were cool to play around with as background ).. I've flipped that image 10000 times to not get that same error as in the last one. There is something about the eyes, but oh well, I need to go to bed since I have work tomorrow morning
    Goodnight CA! Peace!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some landscape studies, and croquis studies.. Couldn't get myself to photograph 30+ drawings.. so here is just some of them, might post the others later

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yup, just keep at it! Your improving.

As a supplement to Loomis and Bridgeman, i can recommend Kevin Chen's class demos:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1432

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Braintree - ty man!

here is just another landscape study... I'm really enjoying these, and I've started on a study now that I'll try to spend alot more time on.. so yea this update is a bit boring

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so.. here is the one I took a little bit more time on.. didn't turn out very well tho, thourght I could do it better, didnt want to color pick, so they are a bit off... but will keep going!
    PS: Any critique on my landscape studies are VERY apreciated since I'm just trying it out, don't know if I'm doing anything wrong!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so the reason why I havent been uploading is because I've had ALOT of trouble with the teen challenge "Migration" where you should show animals migrating away.. I've never done a landscape from just my mind, that's why it has been so difficult to make something that looked at least presentable (yea this doesn't yet ) But here is my first take on the challenge which I think I'll go for and refine more..

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so I havent been drawing for almost 2 weeks now because I've had exams.. so I decided to do something from imagination just as starter.. it didn't turn out very well, but I'll go back now and get back into the groove

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just two random photostudies I know my environments aint kicking ass yet! but believe me when I say I'm going to improve! I'm still 17, and I tend to keep on doing this my entire life!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    erm so I havent been drawing for a while, but here are a few of my daily drawings ^^ gotta spend more time with that pencil rather than sitting doing digis all day long
    - first one is just rock study, but the two others I tried a different approach I haven't tried before.. was kinda fun, but very challenging not letting myself do my ordinary shadowing !
    Peace!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so I tried to do some of the studies I saw in so many threads... I chose the most horrible pic I realised after I'd done like half of it, since it was a woman in the water and you couldnt see the rest of her hands/feet Will do a full body, without heads tho, since thats what im going to study in this summer holiday PEACE!

>>>Sketchbook<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you are looking for inspiration for designing your summer schedule you could take a look at Dave Rapozas schedule (Mr. Delicious here on conceptart.org). Notice that it focuses on characters and stuff and not that much on environments, so you could just make the changes to it that you want.

happy drawing

My sketchbook:
    Fumble

My brothers sketchbook:
    Braintree

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1