Art: OBJECTIVE : Learn to draw the human figure from my mind TIME : One year and a half

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

OBJECTIVE : Learn to draw the human figure from my mind TIME : One year and a half

Hey everyone !

My name is Pierluigi and I'm a High school student whose trying to learn the art of figure drawing from my mind.
    I have been approaching the skeleton structure with the Riven Phoenix DVD's from October and now starting the muscles. My main deal is time: I want to have a good foundation of all the bones and muscles by the time I finish High Schools as I won't have much time to dedicate afterwards.

I would like to know if my daily schedule will bring me good results in the long run or if it can be improved:

- 1-2 pages good sketches of a constructive anatomy book wich shows the geometric construction of bones and a little about the muscles.

- 1 Riven Phoenix from "The structure of Man" video

-10 poses of figure drawing from posemaniacs.com

-Quick sketch of some details of this model I just bought http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/sto...omy-Figure-V.2

Plus I'm taking once a week a live figure drawing class (female) , wich will hopefully became twice a week in the next month...

In total I am dedicating from 2 to 6 hours a day of pencil drawings. By the way the most of the time is taken by the book that will make me draw specific bones for other four months, is it good to have a strong bones foundation before going in full immersion with muscles?

Have any tips for improving ?

Thank you for the attention

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    OK...go! *presses stopwatch button*

What would Caravaggio do?

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    - Starts the run -

The only thing that concerns me is passing 5 months with bones and one year with muscles, what do you think of this? Should I mix things up a bit? Because till I don't know all muscles I can't figure out very well what I'm drawing with the life model ( now I can only locate bones , but most of the muscles are just "random lines"), hope this won't make the course worthless as I'm mostly drawing unidentified lines from chest to down.

Again, thanks for motivating

Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    No problem

IDK - everyone finds their own level of knowledge with regard to anatomy - some people don't feel comfortable until they can go toe-to-toe with an orthopedic surgeon. Personally I only know a handful of bones and muscles - mainly the ones that hurt when I play sports or lift weights. I kind of go by the idea that if I can see it and draw it I'm happy - if it affects the surface forms it is nice to know what it is but even then not necessary. But bones are fun to draw...

What would Caravaggio do?

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.