Art: new life paintings and drawings

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

new life paintings and drawings

i'm quite happy of my improvements this week, im feeling more confortable with my lines and pencil studies (i'm trying to work more from the inside, from the forms, and less rely on contour) and i'm also quite happy with my progresses in color, but i would really like some advices and comments on that subject, its always difficult for me to shoose my palette, skin tones, shadow color, etc ...

*yesterday's class

10-15 minuts

45 minuts in acrylic

*today's class

2 minuts

15-20 minuts

45 minuts acrylic

i'm quite happy with this last one, but feel free (and i ask for it) to tear it apart and give me critics and comments, on anything

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey good thing ur improvin. I suggest u work a bit faster in ur two minute poses and emphasize a part of the body that is the most interesting. I know this is probably askin to much, but that's what I do, and sometimes I concentrate more on the emphasizing than the whole figure itself. Do fast and quick lines. I think ur paying too much attention to details to soon. Don't get me wrong your doing great , but I just tell u this so that you can improve. I'm guessing you use charcoal pencils. Try out conte pencils. France 1710 3b or 2b

That's what I use and the great thing about em is that they glide across the paper a lot easier. So u can sharpen it to a really long point( about an inch, if u so desire). Then u use the pencil with one swipe and make a shadow by turning it on the side and that shadow is done with in one sec. Another tip I suggest is to use a diff. variety of line quality. Try using thick lines to actentuate a bend or weight in the figure and shadow areas, maybe u don't even put a line where there is a lot of light. Pretend that u don't care about ur drawing, ur main focus is getting the essence of the pose as quick as possible, a lot of fluidity. Move quick like a fish moves quickly in water.

Also a last tip I suggest, is to pretend that there is only one light source, and don't let the outside enviromental light affect the drawing. Ask ur teacher if u can turn off the light real quick and this way u'll notice where the spotlight is actually lighting. And if outside light hits it try throwing it all in shadow, even though it really isn't. It will look more artistic. I hope this helps, I was on a role. I'll post some of my stuff tomorrow to show u what I mean.

Hope this helps and good luck with ur stuff,

keep em coming

-http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanxs a lot for the long reply iwasink, its really helping.

its not charcoal pencil, but 8b pencil, in the end its almost as soft, but i will try charcoal pencil.
    I'm trying more and more to draw fast, and slowly im gaining more confidence in my lines, but thats still very hard for me to draw quickly in one stroke a line with the good shape (kinda), width variation, and rythm (the 3 first drawings i posted are my favorites in line quality, it might be the paper that was smoother and with less grain)
    even if the proportions in those one are off some times, thay have more life i think, and the style is a bit more personnal ...

i'll be looking for your posts, to look at chat you said to me

and thanxs again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your welcome. look at my updated post to see what i'm talkin about. And try using conte pencils with the specificastions from ^^^ there. And draw on a newsprint pad. 18" x 24"

-http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.