Sketchbook: One draw by day - (The revenge!) - Page 7
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: One draw by day - (The revenge!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgopangolin View Post
    That "It's a Trap!" picture made me crack up like crazy after you added the head, ohgosh. That made my day!

Anyway, nice job! I like the idea or posting one drawing everyday, I can see your improvement already!

Hmmm, as for critique, I'd say to try to put more contrast into your shading (meaning dark parts should be even darker! A good way to do this is when you shade, look for the DARKEST parts first and fill them in, then use the darkest and lightest points as reference as you shade). When you're drawing with pencil, don't be afraid to press harder and make longer strokes. (If you use too many, the picture ends up looking really fuzzy! D: )

When you paint (digitally, in your case) don't be afraid of shading in really big areas! I know when a lot of people do colored pictures, they tend to avoid shading too much because they don't want to cover up the original color (I totally suffered from this too x__x ) but it'll look more realistic in the end! I really like the statue study you did (the it's a trap! one I loved so much), but make sure you apply what you learned there about values and etc. to your other drawings.

Lastly, I love your costume designs. Very witty and I'm a sucker for those space-suit type outfits since I'm horrible at coming up with them. xD
    Really thanks mate! I like that kind of comments on my SB, and also thanks for your advice, I'ññ take it, and try to apply what I learned before to my incoming drawings.

Day 130

Well, I'll try to advance one more step, and I'll try to make this portrait from reference of the General George McClellan. Maybe later will make some art intervention or something

Just some of linework, later will posting more

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Day 131

updatin'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Day 132

Update on face and some folds of the jacket. Actually the face looks pretty shitty, but I'm trying to refine some details on that, or maybe make it again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Day 133

Just, this...

I think I'm going to do just 1 more update of this work, maybe two if I'm a little bussy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Day 134

I know that I make sooooooooo many steps before the final piece, but, I just on every update changes some things or try to make feel more realistic, etc. So I will take 1 more update for this, that's my goal x]
    Update of today

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, It's great to see you doing all the master studies, value and anatomy studies, and original concepts. All things I need to do myself.

Love the mash up with figures like the one above!

- A man diligent and skillful in his work will stand before kings -
    - All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty -

"You can't design what you don't know." Jeff Watts (as seen in Windmaker's SB)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Day 135

@Jephyr X

Thaaanks mate! I really like your style and studies, really!
    And thanks for stop and comment (:

Aaand, ok, I finished it. It has a lot of things that are wrong, but, I liked cause I learned a lot doing it, so...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you're doing a great job, and definitely improving. I loved the "It's a trap!" picture too!

Even though I won't write in Spanish (trust me, you don't want me to) I did enjoy reading the posts that were in Spanish!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @mariposa213
    Thanks man!
    And about spanish, did you read it? That's great, actually I don't speak much english, and when I find someone who talks, knows spanish I get really excited x]
    Anyways, really thanks for the comment

Day 136

Some values practice before dinner

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Eggo, thanks for the kind words man. Dude this sb is hardcore, i love it. especially at the beggining when you where putting in a lot of work (which you still are) and you got hardly any replies, but you kept on pushing and now people are taking notice. i know these boards can be a lonely place when you struggle on a piece then put it up and no one seems to notice the hard work.

Great motivation and some really nice studies. i think if you keep studying the masters your figures will look like believeable humans in your later work, which would be nice to see as the standard seems to be super perfect humans without an ounce of fat on them lol.

Its great to see you are really making the most of your time when your the age you are, your anatomy is going to be super strong by the time your 18-19 if you keep it up.

It would be nice to see some perspective work and some more female forms as well.

Keep it up pal!

Sketchbook
    Blog
    cts.sanders@googlemail.com
    Facebook

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there! nice to c your updates! love your determination. btw the latest studies are lacking in range of value. maybe you could include more darks in there. Keep it up!!

Available for Freelance!
    Portfolio blog:yongs Art blog
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG! I don't know why I made my reply and it appears a letter saying that I can't make the reply because -idk_ what thing.
    Anyways, I'll do my best again xD.

@dog-faced

REALLY THANKS for your words, and taking the time to post a really valuable reply. And about the lonelyness of this SB (lol), it would be great more comments, because they help me to get better. Anyways, I don't depress (idk if it's ok the expression) about the few replys cause I just push me forward and forward trying to make one practice a day, even when it's just a 10 min. drawing, because the spirit of drawing every day, makes me eliminate lazyness and those things, and also helps me to improve every day (more or less). So Really thanks for your comment, and I'll take your advice. You notice that I make just a few female practices, it's cause when I started drawing, I try to make first male's body, and then start with womens, but I'll making some studies these day, just to see how they're going.
    Again, thanks, and sorry for my english, hope you can understand.

@yongs
    Thanks mate! and you're right, value it's a thing that I learned a lot of it making these studies, but I still having issues with contrast, I'll totally take your advice! cheers!

PS: Well, I just turned on the pc (all the afternoon study for highschool) so I0m going to eat something, and, if I keep awake, maybe will make some quick studies, if not, tomorrow will posting.
    I don't even know why I tell this, but, meh x]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Day 137
    Composition. Just that, I free my mind and play with pictures and such, hope you like it (:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Egg0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow really nice anatomy studies I need to work on them myself haha keep up your work and stay dedicated!;D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for stopping by my sb. i can see your working hard, keep at it. practicing everyday is the main thing that helps you improve. On the value studied the whole thing sometimes it looks like it is in mid tones so dont be afraid to make the darks much darker and the lights lighter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Blenz
    Thaaanks man and attack those anatomy studies, they're always worth!
    @prsnsweeney
    First of all, thanks (: And yees, I have to work on my values. I'll making a lot of values studies and anatomy, I think that are really "learnable" and I also have fun making it

Day 138

Another "composition", this time for some friends that play Unreal Tournament 2K4 (I also play) so, just this. Tomorrow I probably back with values and anatomy studies (if I don't have some other thing in mind :0 )

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Egg0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, great progress. :) Keep pushing. Do some anatomy — the more, the better. Try to drop the figure drawing constraints you put on yourself by not knowing how will they look in various poses.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Nihil
    You're totally right, anatomy it's the base of a LOT of things. And Idk if a really get your advice, do you mean to make other poses, that are not so "comun" on daily life, to improve on that? (English it's not my main lenguage, so, that's why I have some problems expressing and sometimes, understanding)
    Anyways, Really thanks for comment!

Day 139

I have in mind to make a LOT more values studies and such, so, I was thinking to make like an "structure" of work. I'll separate my studies on "Linework", "First Values", "Final Values", and sometimes "Details". So, here it's my first practice with this kind of structure.

Reference

Studies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi again!

Thanks for your comments about my art...I really appreciate that!!

Unreal Tournament is looking good and I LOVE the concept/image for freedom!

Good to see you doing the studies above! Your proportions are really good!

I look forward to seeing more from you

- A man diligent and skillful in his work will stand before kings -
    - All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty -

"You can't design what you don't know." Jeff Watts (as seen in Windmaker's SB)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your dedication to study and overall improvement are seriously impressive! I'll be subscribing and checking back for inspiration. Keep it up man .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice job on the studies man!
    I think it would benefit you if you spend a bit more time in the drawing stage of your studies.
    With value studies I've found that as well as doing studies from life/photos/other artists, learning some theory can help the decision process alot.
    Keep it up!

Edit: You beat me to it! That new study is looking much better!

May Strength Be Kind and Courage Gentle
    Princes of the Universe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You do nice studies ! =D
    I am your age but I am far from your level :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really suprised for the many comments here, thanks!

@Jephyr X
    Thanks mate! I have to fix some things about Unreal Tournament image, resolution it's not the better, so...
    And yes ! I try to make the more studies I can, cause they're the base of everything. And thanks again for comment!

@Dirgeance
    Thanks man! Like I said before, I try to make the more studies I can to have, at least a little improvement every day, or every week. And thanks for the subscribe !

@Bruce ( I just call you Bruce :p )
    I'm gonna take your advice, I definitely have to make more "drawings", and also more, pencil & paper drawings, they're very important too, and sometimes just for the "quickness" of the digital, and because I have more "facility" (idk if it ok that word).
    And about values, also gonna take your advice, I really don't read any book about values and such, I just try to learn from what my eyes see. But books will definitely help me to improve. Thanks mate!

@Ameysha
    Thanks ! And age It's not an issue, or kinda competition. They're a lot of really amazing artist out there, and they are years younger than me but I don't "complain" about that. I just try to carry on to be better on this. Just watch mindcandyman's sketchbook, He started at 27 I think, and he was updating for kinda 7 years, and become a great artist. So, never feel sad cause you don't get someting, just keep pushing you up and try to get better, and forget your age, try to make your better work in any drawing

Hope you can understand (I suck at english), and that comment help to you.
    And also thanks again for your comment!

Day 140

That are the "final values", I don't get totally what I wanted, but, well, It's ok. I'll make "Details", to make the wrinkles of the face and such.

PS: I know, I have to push more the contrast, I'll try to make it on the "Details" section

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Egg0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gracias por tu mensaje in mi sb.

Mi español no esta tan bien, pero me gusta practicar cuando posible. Aquí tienes una versión de su dibujo de McClellan con mas oscuros. También, pones de relieve (?) pueden ayudar con la apariencia de masa y volumen. Buen trabajo en la tela en particular - sigue dibujar. (¡Me gusta mucho el cerebro en el refrigerador de agua!)

PS - DIMAGYAN (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87259) es de Uruguay. No sé si el todavía publica aquí.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by scottmcd; October 17th, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Take a look at my series of in-depth critiques, like this one of Salvador Dali's hidden portrait of Lincoln.

Scott's Sketchbook: Check out my sketchbook. Will swap C&Cs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @scottmcd

Haha nice try mate! Your spanish it's good and I understood everything. Really thanks for the fix on the McLellan image, and for show that SB (I mean Dimagyan's), I didn't know that were another uruguayan here (I mean, I know 1, and with this, 2) and he's so talented. Really really thanks

Day 141

Finishing the study

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there Egg0! nice sketchbook man! thats just the way to grow!! you gotta work more and more!

making the mastercopies is a lot of help dude!! don't give them up!!

and spent time in the drawings, don't hush just to finish it and post it. take your time, the processes of copying and drawing is far more important than finishing stuff up!!

see ya!
    by the way, thanks for stoping by my SB!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Pedro Cardoso
    Thaanks mate, I have yo follow your advice, your totally right, I don't have to make things quick to post here, I usually don't, but sometimes, I tried to finish before and it's not so cool
    Thanks

Day 142

I'm really "angry" it's not the word. But I just can't make a nice study, I tried to make some thumbnails and I erase everything cause it was fucked up. I tried later and still beign fucked up, but, this is it, I don't see any improve or learning, but, just this is it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Day 143

Well, starting a new design, this is without reference at all. Influenced by Pale Man of Pan's Labrinth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll update more of the image that I posted before, maybe tomorrow

Day 144

Making another art intervention, just starting with a Socrates profile "study" and then I'll be posting a few changes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Egg0, thanks for dropping by my sketchbook, I appreciate it. You have some good works here, especially the one you have on your avatar right now.

But if I had to crit your work, I'd have to say that you could try and explore some darker values right now. This is very evident in the face/bust study. The darks on the photo image are much darker than the ones you've used.

I hope you don't mind the observation. Your art is good.

Sketchbooks

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5