Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
This is my first post.
I have been drawing for a long time, but only recently discovered the idea that you can make a living being a concept artist. However, I don't know much about this profession. I was hoping some more experience members could help me answer the following:
1) Who typically employs concept artists? I gather computer game companies and movies, right? Anything else?
2) Do you have to work on site, or can you work remotely? e.g. if there are no game companies in your city, then do you have to move? Does the demand for concept artists vary by geography?
3) If you freelance, do you charge by the hr, or by the project?
4) typical starting salary? what about higher end for sr. artists?
5) Is there a directory of gaming companies and/or other potential employers?
I am interesting too. And why this forum group is so empty.
thank you for telling us how interesting you are danillo!
i am also interested... b am fortunate that i live in a large city with lots of game/film/media companies
more coffee = better work