Dom War V concepts. Rough backstories of my concepts

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Brainstormed bunch of sketches for dom war which i couldn't show coz of my lack of a scanner. My second step usually involves giving these rough ideas some backstory to bridge my way into cleaner digital thumbs, so I wrote em up to help support my visual process. Well since they're done why not share em. Haha rate em too guys, I'm not a good writer but I guess you can get a gist of it. Tell me which are cool. I'll develop em all into grayscales so don't worry, no faves just yet. Oh an err if this does not belong here or should not be in this forum. Please remove it, i don't wanna break any rules.. btw, ill post my digital sketches on wip tomorrow. working on em now. cheers!

Abys'siall, God of the Underworlds
    A gargantuan deity of the underworld and abyssal realms. Its body is the very place of which it rules. At the very pinnacle and front of this grotesque titan is him, a once beautiful god, cast down as it gave in to betrayal and sadism. Its lower parts is that of a scorpion, of which is actually a gigantic cage where souls are trapped. In his belly is the first stage of the abyss, deepening down in horrors every section of his body until his tail. Here hangs an orb of souls, where his sweetest and most hated enemies are held. Their souls will forever bath in infinite pain as this serves as a weapon, crushing opponents with its swing. Don't forget our deity as well, as he, with all four arms wields the blades of Horror, Fear, Pain and Suffering. Woe to those who face this incarnate of hell itself, as the very abyss has come for you.

Terachne, God of Terror
    A fearsome deity of terror itself. Its spiderlike body is perched atop an orb of souls and spikes. Its terrible cry will freeze the hearts of the bravest and the unending screams of the souls trapped within the orb will chill the most courageous of men. It moves on this titanic orb, rolling over, crushing and trapping all that goes beneath it, cursing them to a terrible fate of eternal torment. Its arms hold giant curved blades, used to slice whatever it misses as it plows a path of death and destruction. It, she enjoys the carnage and Terror that is inflicted on the enemy, and baths in the blood and fluids of those she destroys. Terachne wants nothing more that to feast on your fears and your pain, beware brave souls, your courageous hearts are the ones she wishes to defile most.

God of Lies, he of many names.
    A trickster god of deceit and lies, it is a disgusting deity that revels in the confusion and ultimate demise of its unfortunate enemies. It walks on eight scuttling legs and at the top of this lies a deceivingly beautiful flower. Those who see it will be entranced and bewitched, caught off their guard as they take in the radiant beauty of this floral farce. The unlucky souls will be drawn to it, unwitting, unsuspecting, until it blossoms into a grotesque form of teeth, vines and deadly fumes. However, even if you see through it and kill it, it will be of no use. The deity itself is under the body, ready to cast spells of doom and death upon those who see through its devious disguise. Do not doubt that its a powerful god, for its games are merely that, games. Enrage him into full fury and you will have living thorned vines lunging for you in the thousands, the snapping jaws of the monstrosity above and the magicks of the god below. Beware stranger, for the greatest lie of all is the God of Lies himself.

God of Neutrality

A humanoid form of true neutrality and absence of bias. It is the lord of all things balanced and fair. In his hands are the Scales of Infinity, forever measuring the weights of evil and good in the world. His duty is to prevent one from overtaking the other, as both are necessary in the Predestined Path. He is silent and serene, wearing an iron mask of which hangs an absence of expression. When faced with the pantheon of Greater Gods, one would not give him a passing glance, as he is the most unassuming of them all. Tip the scales too much however and you will be faced with the wrath of one who is uncaring and uncompassionate of who and what you are. Riding in on an immense chariot drawn by his mighty steeds, Justice, Law, Balance and Order, he will annihilate the offender with a powerful sweep of his blade, Retribution. All who upset the scales will face this mighty god, whos supreme power is only made more terrifying by the fact that neither he nor his steeds will utter a single sound. There will only be swift, sudden death.

Noxrgandr, The Beast of Darkness, God of all that is without light.

An immense beast that has existed since the beginning of the universe, he is the lord of all darkness. Supreme over all others who revel in it. Once he was a part of two, the great Omnirgandr, Father of Existence. When Omnirgandr was driven mad by its loneliness, for it was the only one, and one and only, its insanity split its body into two. One became Lumorgandr, Bringer of Light, lord of all that is light and good, and one became Noxgandr, its opposing twin, the omega of the alpha. This was the birth of the universe as we know it. Noxrgandr, in its physical form, is an infinite dragon, with its body spanning the breadth of galaxies, with wings that could shadow millions of suns. In his heart, is an orb, where true darkness is kept, and all who oppose it is pulled into this realm of absence, cursing them to an eternity of madness. From his maw, comes the essence of darkness, a substance which erases all that which it touches, leaving nothing in its wake. If not for Lumorgandr who creates and enlightens, the universe will plunge into eternal darkness, ceasing to exist.

Revelian, God of the Good

Revelian is said to be the most beautiful of beings, men and women were said to be overcome to speechless tears at the mere glimpse of him. He is the lord of courage, the lord of loyalty and the lord of true faith. His form is that of an immense man, clad in shining ornate armor, on which the most beautiful architectures of ages long past are present. His face is without helm or mask, as he has nothing to hide or shield. He wields a single sword, a claymore, the Blade of Heroes, a burning blade of brightest light. Despite all this, Revelian's greatest feature, is his visage, the very incarnate of every brave soul and righteous champion to have walked the worlds. Immortalized in his eyes are the strength of those who fight the good fight and die with backs straight and proud. Revelian rides to battle on Lumorian, child of Lumorgandr, a dragon of the greatest good. To all who look to the skies in reverent prayer, to those who run to battle with naught but courage and selfless sacrifice, to all who perish in battle, loyal to the end, Revelian will be there by their side. In the end of days, at the final step of the Predestined Path, Revelian will battle with Abbyssial, to free all those who are trapped in torment, saving them forevermore.

Last edited by M.O.S.H; March 30th, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should probably accompany each of them with a rough thumbnail. Ideas are always good in theory, but how you implement them into the design is the important thing here, depending on which one you do well, they're all potentially good designs.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dont know if they are readable enough, but these are my rough idea thumbs. Hey guess I'll slot in the work as I finish em.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.