A night in my neighborhood

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Smile A night in my neighborhood

Nighttime scene of my neighborhood last night. Was too cold so I only took a glance of the neighborhood for 5-10 seconds then went inside and did it by memory. Just finished shading it today, sent to my college representative I am dedicating this picture to my friend Laura, who if it wasn't for her I would still have a very loose understanding of perspective. She is my mentor and Art teacher, Thank you love! ♥ ^_^

Any tips/advice any of you can give for future references? (Yes the lines aren't straight, wasn't really being delicate when I quickly sketched out bits of it.)

Oh, and the sketch paper is bigger than my scanner, hence the weird edges (couldn't fit all of it on there!) tried my best to get the best parts of it.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,646 Posts
    I would still have a very loose understanding of perspective.
    But you still do have a very loose understanding of perspective, at least according to this image. And this image lacks in pretty much everything, to the point it's very hard to critique it (at least in a way that's not done more effectively in the books I'm going to link), so I'd suggest that you download and read all the Loomis books: http://alexhays.com/loomis/ as well as give a good heartfelt read to "Perspective for Comic Book Artists!" http://www.scribd.com/doc/29299861/D...c-Book-Artists

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Not gonna lie It's still a bit loose, but I did multiple VP's I am proud of in the picture, and I'll look into the Andrew Loomis book ^^; gotta get ready for animation college anyway. How is it hard to critique by the way? there are many suggestions that could be proposed, like was my lighting and darkening in the right places? that's an example.

Thanks
    Wow! lol, that "Perspective for the Comic book artist" is really helpful, finally puts it in a way I understand horizon XD

Thanks
    I don't see any picture?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjack123 View Post
    Not gonna lie It's still a bit loose
    No, sorry. It's bad. The only thing that's actually in perspective is the tiny one vanishing point road in the right side of the image, and nothing else in the image relates to that vanishing point. It's bad.

As for the critique, sure, I could come up with some, but overall it wouldn't help. You clearly have no proper understanding of the basics and foundations of drawing, so it's likely it would go over your head or like I said, anything I could say has already been said better in the books I linked (as you probably noticed with the perspective book) and any amount of critique wouldn't make your picture any better. You'd have to redraw it completely, preferably after you've read the books.

EDIT:Also if someone else isn't seeing the pic (hosted by Blogspot), and the attachment thing is made of butts and doesn't seem to know whether to be visible or not, just in case here it is Photobucketed:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TinyBird; March 29th, 2011 at 02:46 PM.
    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Just out of curiosity, what grade are you in, Cody?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.