Sketchbook: Flaky's Sketchbook of General Delusion

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Flaky's Sketchbook of General Delusion

Hi. I would like you to know three things:

1.) Frequently, I have no clue what I am doing.
    2.) I am quite intimidated to be posting here. So...uh, yeah. Nervous.
    3.) If you critique me, I will love you sincerely.

ONWARDS!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So these are a few sketches from my moleskine. They're pretty stylized. Yep.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm new here too!

Wow! You're really talented. After looking through your tumblr, I think you should work on the figure some more. You have a good grasp of faces, but the body is just as important. Knowing the ways the body can move and it's shapes will help with clothing as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have some great stuff! Don't cut yourself down like that. I understand being nervous, i was as well, but it's a big step in the right direction.

I hope you continue to post more, and my on;y suggestions..might be to work on the blending techniques, but you said your work is stylized, so maybe you intended this, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but some of the work could use less outlines IMO, but the form, and volume is conveyed as it should be, so it's more a style issue, but i ramble

Oh, and maybe work on the whole figure? Shrug, the more you post, the more we can help

cheers

...the imperfections make it interesting...

[sketchbook] [deviantart]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe try to do and work on the hands, a few studies never hurt!
    But wow, the bird drawing... I love it! Dont feel nervous to post, its your sketchbook and in a sketchbook, the drawings are just there for ideas or to practise, doesnt need to be a professional portfolio or anything, but, anyway.. Looove your style , I hope to see more pictures

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alement: Ahh, thanks for searching down my tumblr! You're awesome. I can definitely see where I need to start working on the figure. I do have a soft spot for portraits, and it's time to move on. c:

That fat kid: Ohhh, thank you! I'm nervous mainly because I've heard from multiple people that everyone is very critical and harsh here. (Which, it seems, is not the case.) Besides, if I'm scared of something, that means I should definitely dive head-first into it. Haha. I do tend to shy away from reference pictures, but I'll definitely give them another try. It certainly won't hurt.

Dope Fiend: Naah, I could definitely use a little blending. My older stylized work is ULTRA blended, so to compensate, I tried not blending at all. I'm sure I'll work out a fine mid ground if I practice enough. And I get the form thing- lines do contribute to an unrealistic look. I'll try it out! Thanks. c:

Spiralpen: Ahhh, thank you! You're very lovely. I'll try to get over my nervousness. It seems like there are so many professionals here, and so I was a little scared of posting here. But obviously you guys are pretty accepting. Haha. And HANDS! Ahhhhh, I will work on it! I promise.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.