looking a book of making CA
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: looking a book of making CA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

looking a book of making CA

does anyone know a book about creating concept art, I really needed it for my final project at college. This book is required for the basic theory. thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there's one right on the top ads, also hit amazon they have quite a collection there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by chil3 View Post
    there's one right on the top ads, also hit amazon they have quite a collection there.
    sorry,i don't get it what u mean,it really help me to tell what the title of the book,or link for review of that book. or pm me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by houtman View Post
    sorry,i don't get it what u mean,it really help me to tell what the title of the book,or link for review of that book. or pm me.
    there's one on the adds on the forum, digital painting techniques, also there is no books per say that will teach you how to make concept art, CA is a whole of techniques (composition, ideation, anatomy etc) it al depends on the concept that you want to make, look for books on anatomy and animals to create characters and creatures, books on aviation or car etc to create mechanical concepts like robots airplanes, look for reference images of anything that looks interesting (heck i have over 500 pics on my laptop and have around 30 books and magazines like the "art of" series, video game magazines etc).
    so in conclusion there's really no book about making concept art (the closest thing will be the "art of" books or check the books at designstudiopress.com like "alien race" or "the skillfull huntsman" or the concept design vol 1 and 2).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the best one I found on concept art was the ballistic publishing, d'artiste one called (rather imaginatively) Concept art. Its brilliant have a look at the book itself on the website at :-
    http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/

they have a little flash thingy that lets you turn the pages and see what you are getting into. The book has work from George Hull, Andrew Jones (heard of him? lol), Nicholas Bouvier and Viktor Antonov.

Hope this helps you out mate, all the best.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there's one on the adds on the forum, digital painting techniques, also there is no books per say that will teach you how to make concept art, CA is a whole of techniques (composition, ideation, anatomy etc) it al depends on the concept that you want to make, look for books on anatomy and animals to create characters and creatures, books on aviation or car etc to create mechanical concepts like robots airplanes, look for reference images of anything that looks interesting (heck i have over 500 pics on my laptop and have around 30 books and magazines like the "art of" series, video game magazines etc).
    so in conclusion there's really no book about making concept art (the closest thing will be the "art of" books or check the books at designstudiopress.com like "alien race" or "the skillfull huntsman" or the concept design vol 1 and 2).
    yeah,i agree with that,but maybe there's another book tell the theory about CA (eg. why need character sketching,bla..bla..). but,like i said "maybe". theory by someone experience as concept artist,it really help. anyway thanks a bunch,if there another solution,i'll appreciate

the best one I found on concept art was the ballistic publishing, d'artiste one called (rather imaginatively) Concept art. Its brilliant have a look at the book itself on the website at :-
    http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/

they have a little flash thingy that lets you turn the pages and see what you are getting into. The book has work from George Hull, Andrew Jones (heard of him? lol), Nicholas Bouvier and Viktor Antonov.

Hope this helps you out mate, all the best.
    really ? i've read it, along ago,, i must read it again,thanks mate.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.