Sketchbook: The Colloseum
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Colloseum

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb The Colloseum

OK. It's me Obid619. I wanted to copy all those people who are in groups and trying to focus on one subject after another. Anyway, I'm looking for up to three people who want to join me. It doesn't matter what skill you are as long as you participate in the focused assignments. In fact it would be fun to have more of the skilled people join in on this thread. Anyway when three more people join, I'll start the focused assignment, then we can critique the drawings we do. Then another person will have his/her turn.

So....who wants in?

RULES:
    1. Prefferably 3. The more the merrier I say.
    2. Complete assignments (or try to, I won't fuss, but it'd be a drag waiting for someone to complete their assignment.)
    3. Critique people's drawings.
    4 MOST IMPORTANT - have fun.

Um...sorry if I sound serious haha. I'm just excited to get this thing going.

P.S. don't be mad if I copied your idea. I give you guys credit.

LET THE DRAWING BEGIN

Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet. Let's just get at least two more people then we can get the party started :cool:

11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds cool, I'll join up. Damn that's nice Insane visions takes part, your sketches are awesome man!
    I'll do my best :chug:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Im up for it... this could help improve my drawings

Last edited by copaloro; April 12th, 2004 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm too late? Hm, what kind of assignments?

Sounds fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please pick me, I'm begging you. I really need this as motivation to work harder and get better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More Info...

:confused: You don't give much info on what we would have to do... I would like to join, but first I would like to know what I would be doing (just sketching? or more, like painting) Please give me more info, cos I would like to be apart of something like this. Anyway (thanx) Cheers!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    welp if it isnt too many, i ll take a join.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like its already full up, but I'll participate along with you guys anyway. sounds like a fun thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    btw obid if you need some assignments i got a load. i have this book called "keys to drawing" by bert dodson. it has 48 mini lessons, i could scan it for you guys. the book includes subjects on shadow, proportions etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by LadyLioness
    btw obid if you need some assignments i got a load. i have this book called "keys to drawing" by bert dodson. it has 48 mini lessons, i could scan it for you guys. the book includes subjects on shadow, proportions etc.

Yes Please! I think that would be great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think we have more than enough people to play this game...hope we start soon..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ALRIGHT!!!! Great we got more than enough people lets start this thing. I thought, you know, why not get to know eachother. What better way to start then to do a self portrait. O ya, after this assignment, I guess insane visions could pick a topic. Lets try to be unique with what we come up with. After insane vision's turn it'll be the next person who joined this group, and on and on. So...I'll be looking forward to your portraits.

ASSIGNMENT #1
    1. Self Portrait
    - Try to make a unique expression on your faces, it'd be so much more interesting
    - If you want you can take your face and mix it up with having a scenery or maybe even having some sort of costume on (maybe cloaks, helmets, blah blah you get the picture).

Looking forward to your portraits. Good luck!

Skullhozer - I'd like to stick to mostly drawings. Hope that isn't a drag to you guys. Of course you guys can go on and do other stuff, but, you know, some other members may not have the tools (like me, hehe). But Whatever the topic is, you can definetely do it anyway you can.

Ladylioness - sure thing. You can definetely bring in some ideas, but lets go in order and take turns with assignments. You can definetely use the assignments on the book. Good idea

Last edited by obid619; April 12th, 2004 at 10:29 PM.
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

here is me. I put the king outfit on hehe. Anyway crit it if ya want. Lemme know if you guys got questions with this assignment

' DSB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha cool

I'll prolly have to skip thisone, or i'll do it a little later. I'm going to Paris for 3 days

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a quickie I did a couple hours ago. not too great, looking forward to crits.

obid619, nice one. some crits: the rendering in the hair, especially above the forhead, kind of flattens out the form of the hair. Also the ear needs some more work, right now the 3dimensionality of the shapes is lacking, theres not much indication of volume.

lookin good dude! heres mine:

party on dudes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks. Yea the hair was kind of lacking. How can I make hair strands? Also the ear was kinda wierd. I was drawing in low light so I coudldn't spot it that well. Thanks, I'll watch for it next time. Your portrait looks pretty cool chunder. But, maybe you can improve on the light sourcing. What I mean is that you can define where the light source is a little better. Good stuff tho.
    What pencil were u using?

' DSB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like how you did the eyes...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres a quick 10min sketch.. any tips on how to draw lips? Good sketches guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

heres a quick digital sketch of me..sorry I didnt put effort Im too high to focus right now....maybe the next topic....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    topsecret: i'm sorry to say dude, but,....i can't see your pic's on my computer. So sorry about that man. I suppose I can't critique it. man i fell like shit

insane visions: thats really cool man. You really made that unique, I can tell. not much too say. I think it was really done well for a quickie.

so after the others get their posts on, you can pick the topic insane. then on and on and on....lets make this thread really cool people

' DSB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey obid619 it looks like Photobucket where I keep my pics are down.. it should be back up soon though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sorry man, I'll post my pic this afternoon. I have class right now. Don't worry everything will get done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TopSecret, looks sweet man. Anatomically, it reads dead on. My only crits would be the lips which you already know about. Maybe try doing some lip studies to get a better grasp on the form. I also think this SP would look even better if you pushed the value range more. Keep it up man!

insane visions, kickass man! my high shit never turns out that well! neither does my none high art! damn! haha, seriously though it looks really cool. Nothing much to crit other than the horn placement looks a little off. the left horn seems to be coming out of the side of his head, instead of above his brow like the right one. Keep rockin' dude, can't wait for the assignment you come up with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay I apologize if I seem to be rushing, but I may not check on my thread for awhile, for an animation project needs to be finished...

for the next project: create a concept design of a character that depends on a creature(like a symbiotic relationship) or anything that involves helping the weaker partner....it doesnt have to be logical, just creative...describe the character and a little background story about the character...not an essay just a short story....have fun with it....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That is an awesome concept man. Don't worry about rushing, I'll just do both topics when I get home.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alright heres mine, ooh its so off now that i look at it, dont ya just hate that? when you scan it then u see all the problems.

i should have made more of a "RRRR" face

@Obid619 looks good to me, hmm but something about the ear stands out to me
    @Chunder very cool, nice and loose yet still together. nothing that i could think of to nit pick
    @Topsecret hmm lips, well ive been told not to draw the lines on the lips but i do it anyay -.- people have told me to use shading to indicate the lip line.
    @Insane visions lookin bored lol, nothing that i can point out. Looks awesoem for a quick sketch

btw the patch is there for the fact that i couldnt draw my right eye -.-'' and then the whole pirate stuff had to come with it

Last edited by PeggyChung; April 13th, 2004 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, my image hosting site is down. Let me try another site.

Edit- My first SP, oddly enough, not completely finished but you get the picture. Now you know what I look like :eek:

The major problem I see with mine is that the head above the eyebrows is obviously to short/ wouldn't fit in the hat. But I couldn't find my beret so I added that last through imagination. Not worth fixing but will note for future drawings. Anyway, here goes.

Obid- I agree with lioness. Altogether good portrait, only thing I see really wrong is the ear, with is easily improved.

Chunder- Nice loose sketch, only nitpicking issue as you said might be the flatness of the hair (why do you think I put that hat on )

Top Secret- Nice expression Hair shading could be improved but I don't like to spend lots of time on that myself.

Insane Visions- Awesome for a quick sketch, I like the horns. BTW, are you high in that picture?:p

Ladylioness- Great SP, but I think you could increase of contrast, something I'm working on as well.

Altogether great work everyone. I've gotta get to work on the next topic.

Last edited by dakoscwash; April 13th, 2004 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LadyLioness, hehe pirates are good. The overall shape of the head seems to be skewed a bit, and like you said you use hard lines to indicate the lips and other areas, try to stay away from that. What that is is you relying on your mental symbols for the forms rather than trying to draw the information as you actually see it. Keep at it!

dakoscwash, pimpin beret you're rockin there! The SP is lookin pretty good overall, but watch the size of your eyes. Its a common mistake when learning to draw to draw the eyes too large, because thats where we tend to focus on people's faces when we look at them. So eyes are psychologically more important than other areas of the face, which is why its easy to make them too large. Be sure and measure and compare the features against other features as you draw them, this will help keep your proportions more accurate. Keep rockin dude!

Now to get to work on insane visions assignment....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.