veteran scum hunter

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

veteran scum hunter

What do you think of this? I need a restart so please tell me anything that comes to mind.

veteran scum hunter

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great piece Carnalizer!!! Great characters and lighting going on here! I love it... Hey Where in Sweden are you located? Im living in Uppsala Sweden atm... Well one crit, his left hand is alittle off, maybe its too big I think its been forshorted incorectly!!! But other than that it looks great! By restart do you mean you are gonna do a totally new piece?
    :blue:

Last edited by Spacemanchuck; April 11th, 2004 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Spacemanchuck!

I live in Stockholm, Råsunda to be specific. You are right about the arm. To little foreshortening. Man, was I hoping to get away with that. Hate foreshortening. Who doesn't?

By restart I mean that I need my head rattled. I feel uncertain about what to do next and a comment or two is always helpful. The wife ain't much help there. She mostly says stuff like "Why don't you do more princesses (sp?) and horses?"

/H

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    an image for a 40k magazine? something about the lighting is nagging at me but I dont quite know how to express.
    good stuff though

[:middle class:]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nah it's for my personal enjoyment and betterment. But there's no hiding what I've been looking at is there? The lightning is perhaps to strong and not moody enough? Suggestion on how to take it beyond 40K/Inqusitor look?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well the wife is always the boss, am I right? Well, maybe not, but sometimes women know best right? Not sure about that either... Follow your hart my friend, drawing princesses never hurt anyone! Maybe a wicked Princess with a gafeltronic lazer hand batteling some smelly monster would make the misses happy! Why not!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last time she talked about such things i drew her a sewer princess draped in rags surrounded by slimy pet lizard deamons. The next time i'll do the gafeltronic lazer thing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is really nice. I wouldn't want to mess with your style, but my first reaction was it was a little difficult to make things out, and it was a little unclear to me what you wanted me, the viewer, to look at. You might try focusing the viewer's attention a little more on (what I think is) the main figure of the scene, the guy in the middle. Maybe that means brightening and lightening him (it) a bit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First thought ooh better than 40k stuff second thought lengthen his sword a tad and darken the guys behind him but leave their eyes, oh yeah and it looks like the pipe upper left is lit on the wrong side, it should be more straight on I think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chris: I don't bother that much with style, just trying to get better. I wanted to do a scene really. With the center guy pointing to the foreground guy, who is pointing to the background guys, who is pointing to center guy, who is poi.. But maybe the center guy is to much in the center and gives that pinup feeling to pull it off. I've been thinking about redoing the foreground guy to try to improve the storytelling. Now he's just standing there with a blank stare. You are the second to point out the focus problem so I will probably do more of a pinup with foreground guy turned away from viewer.

young paddy1: Good points! I wanted a more cleaver look on the sword but it actually looks mostly weird.

Thanks for the input guys! Now I have the restart that was needed. As soon as i've done some real work and my newborn takes a long nap i will try to finish it off.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hmm. . .

ya.. this is good.. I'd suggest a little variation in color.. instead of a wall behind him paint in a horizon wit orange or a burning landscape.. I think it's a little too purple and maybe putting some depth in the environment might help it out... I also don't like the guns popping outta his back but that might just be my taste... nice work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A complete change of scenery would be too much work for me. Being lazy and all... But the purple will be worked on. The guns on the back; well thats you.. I think i'll put in two more!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.