SUBMISSIONS CLOSED - Massive Freelance Job
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: SUBMISSIONS CLOSED - Massive Freelance Job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

SUBMISSIONS CLOSED - Massive Freelance Job

There are a lot of talented people who will look at this - so please only reply if you are the following person:

1) ***YOU ARE BASED IN EUROPE OR EASTERN EUROPE*** - PLS - no US, India, China or Timbuktu applicants, I won't consider you - the job requires face to face meetings and this is where the work is based.

2) You have no problem signing an iron-clad non-disclosure agreement. You will not be able to discuss, share or publish your work until a written release is given to you.

3) You are versatile - from sketching thumbs, to fleshing out ideas in a study, to delivering final polished illustrations.

4) Your strengths include designing vehicles, mechanical machines and weapons that could work. No magic here.

5) Your strengths include designing characters that are convincing and real - and then placing them in a beautifully lit, polished final illustration with their weapon and/or vehicle.

ABOUT THE JOB:

You will be working on bringing to life a sci-fi fantasy world for a film pitch later this year.

The deadline is around 6 months at the most, and you may be required to partner with another talented artist in order to cope with the workload.

Approximate scope of the work:

10-15 Characters
    10-15 weapons
    5 vehicles
    5 other machinery
    5-10 small props
    5 environments, from wide exteriors to detailed interiors/street scenes
    5-10 polished illustrations depicting key moments in the film
    Miscellaneous: emblems, logos, typography.

I do not expect that one person can take on the job. There is quite a lot of variety and given the deadline I am open to your recommendations of other talented artists who you may want to work with.

I am open to artists who only want to focus on one aspect of the creation, if they feel they are not strong enough to take on the variety.

I'm looking for clean, polished illustrators. Design is important, mood is important. Lighting is important. I don't want messy/sketchy final illustrations.

History of the project:

I have been working on this project for longer than I care to say. A recent opportunity to pitch to a hollywood heavyweight has made me push hard to get some material together, mostly in the form of a script and illustrations to "explain" the world.

I have been working for 2 years with another very talented artist, who was recently injured and is unable to continue working, so there is already a bunch of material to refer to, as his involvement was quite deep and ranged from characters to weapons and machinery.

About the World:

I cannot give very much away until NDAs are signed, but I can tell you the following:

- The world operates and is based on a very cool premise that is both TRULY original and kick ass.

- All the science on which the premise is based is real - this COULD actually happen, and as such, I want the feeling to be real.

Workflow: How I'm used to working.

Ideas are discussed and turned into many thumbnail sketches. From there, options are selected and refined into one or more master sketches, which is then refined by way of a study, eventually into a master study in color.

Once conceptual studies/work is complete, they are turned into illustrations depicting a scene from the film.

Discipline and my involvement:

I don't want artists who don't know how to manage their time. If you give me a deadline I expect to see results. If you say one week and it takes 10 days it's NOT going to be a problem. If you say one week and it takes 3, I will let you go.

I expect whoever takes on the job to speak good enough English to understand complex ideas, and be able to express their ideas to me in a way which I will understand.

I'm not the kind of person to check on you everyday if I'm confident you are working. I leave a lot of creative freedom, whilst also being specific enough that you have guidance and are not wasting your and my time.

PAY:

I am the best employer you ever had. I pay upfront in most cases, and I never make excuses, and as such neither will you.

People have different expectations of pay, so I'm not going to put a number out there. I know talent when I see it, so while I say don't be shy to ask what you think is fair, I also say don't get cocky because you are competing. Being reasonable and fair is your best shot, and considering that this can keep you busy for a while, price yourself accordingly.

If you feel you are the person to take on a job like this get in touch with me. I prefer if you send me and email with a link to your portfolio, and include a brief reply to the conditions I have set out, especially concerning money and availability. I will definitely want to see your portfolio, and a clear guidance on both time and cost of your services (+/- 20 percent in both cases - ie. this kind of illustration takes me 2 weeks to 20 days, and costs between 50 and 70 dollars)

Good luck and I look forward to welcoming you to the coolest opportunity on the planet. email: project10fy@gmail.com

Please send your reply by Sunday 27th March, midnight GMT.

Last edited by damonbillaxe; March 28th, 2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: ADDITIONAL INFO
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good description... will be applying

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Submission deadline approaching! Sunday 27 @ midnite!

Many great submissions so far - if u are euro based take a shot - lots of work to go around!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.