P.O.W.! challenge 49! The motivational muse

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

P.O.W.! Challenge 49
    Deadline: Sunday,april 31, 2011, 11:59 pm anywhere in the world.

Topic: the motivational muse!
    P.O.W.! challenge 49! The motivational muse

You can interpret the art any way you wish, and the more creatively, the better. Any media. B&W or Color. We're also going to stick with the (almost) three-week Challenge period for a while because it seems to be giving people a bit more time to play.

You can present your solution as a minimum of TWO to a TENTATIVE maximum of SIX pages which adhere to standard comic specs as below...and, yes, you can have the first or last (or both) as a splash page if you want. You can go to additional pages without asking if you have a decent idea that requires it--just don't get too extreme on page counts.

REMEMBER: You don't have to have a complete comic to qualify for polling--if you're idea requires six pages or so, go for it, but if you realize you're running out of time, try to get at least TWO finished by the deadline. That's all you need to qualify.

Standard Comic Book Size:

--Trim size: 6 5/8" x 10 1/4"
    --Live art area: 6" x 9"
    --Bleed size before trimming: 6 7/8" x 10 1/2" (1/8" in all directions)

This thread will be the place you ask questions on this challenge, trash talk, post WIPs and post your final art. See the READ THIS FIRST thread for all specs.

Good luck.

Again, this one is three weeks rather than the usual two weeks to see if it will allow more participation or just cause a lot more procrastination.

let's just hope kitty makes it back too yell at me!!!!!

Last edited by j.s. sabastian; April 9th, 2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whats going on with Pow?

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where's the brief?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, Ilaekae seems to have been offline for a while now. I've been trying to get him through emails & facebook, but no response. I know he's had family issues and connection issues that have kept him off before, but this is longer than other times.

If anyone has any ideas about where to get word to him, shout out or drop him a line and tell him we're all hoping he's okay. I've been getting in touch with some admins and stuff, just to see if anyone has heard anything. Nothing so far.

POW! will get back on the road, I'm sure of that. There's a fair bit of community spirit alive here, it can't be denied. As soon as we can, we'll get it started again.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think if something critical where to happen we would have heard about it.......it's probably family orientated....and he's just taking time off!!!

NOTE>:this challenge is ment too keep the contest running hell we haven't even polled in months so forgive me! for trying to keep the the ball rolling!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 394 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by j.s. sabastian View Post
    i think if something critical where to happen we would have heard about it.......it's probably family orientated....and he's just taking time off!!!

NOTE>:this challenge is ment too keep the contest running hell we haven't even polled in months so forgive me! for trying to keep the the ball rolling!
    It's been quite a long break though, and with no explanation. Could be that his internet's hatin' on him again. Either way, good idea to get in touch with the Admins donalfall, hope he's OK.

As for the challenges, POW's always had less activity than the others, except Teen Challenge until recently. Why not start a sketchbook group or something based on POW like activities?

Example, making mini comics every couple of days, or practicing certain aspects, like colouring, inking, etc?

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Choob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the idea idea of starting a sketch group that would be epic....
    but P.O.W is all about doing it on your own.......making the deadline or not! it's really hard, even harder to win (unless your waterbird hehe..)shit i rarelly get any votes....but i like the sting of defeat it drives me, whether it be by competators hand or my own....

So i'm sticking to my guns with the origenal template untill told other wise.....my weekend starts after tommorrow and dammit i'm gonna make some panels!.......even if it kills me....

Last edited by j.s. sabastian; April 13th, 2011 at 06:02 AM. Reason: ug me caveman.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, just motivational muse? Or is there more of a description/brief?

The Law of Fives states simply that: All things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5
    The Law of Fives is never wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKatrdKvBkc

Sketchbook : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=196859

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by j.s. sabastian View Post
    i like the idea idea of starting a sketch group that would be epic....
    but P.O.W is all about doing it on your own.......making the deadline or not! it's really hard, even harder to win (unless your waterbird hehe..)shit i rarelly get any votes....but i like the sting of defeat it drives me, whether it be by competators hand or my own....

So i'm sticking to my guns with the origenal template untill told other wise.....my weekend starts after tommorrow and dammit i'm gonna make some panels!.......even if it kills me....

Agreed-- I didn't even make the last one (had to travel before I could finish) but I'm planning on working on it when I get back, and even if I don't finish it was a good push. I think even with the low number of participants it's still worth it. It's just that, you have to do so so much for this contest. So it's never going to be easy for people...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been doing a lot of comic jobs lately and I wanted to brush up my skills by taking on one of the POWs, but it seems half dead.

I've watched the challenges in the past, and yeah, there's always been few participants, but I kind of liked that. Although, with the way it is now, I'm pretty discouraged about entering.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 394 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FalyneVarger View Post
    I've been doing a lot of comic jobs lately and I wanted to brush up my skills by taking on one of the POWs, but it seems half dead.

I've watched the challenges in the past, and yeah, there's always been few participants, but I kind of liked that. Although, with the way it is now, I'm pretty discouraged about entering.
    Ah but remember the cunning plan for art world domination?

- Be the only entrant to POW, win by default.
    - Eventually get badge for being a winner.
    - Gain respect from all mere mortals.
    - ???
    - Profit!

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Choob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tis okay, Ilaekae has returned. The wheels are just spinning for a few days til he has normal service resumed.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

17. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd really love to enter a POW one day. Although I agree with what someone else said in that there are so few participants it can be a little discouraging. However I'll still give it a go in one of the next few challenges. Good to hear that the admin returned!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Had a doodle at work the other day...this is usually what happens when I try and come up with ideas.

Page 1
    Name:  POW---Muse---P1.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  113.5 KB

Page 2
    Name:  POW---Muse---P2.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  195.0 KB

Page 3
    Name:  POW---Muse---P3.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  95.9 KB

Page 4
    Name:  POW---Muse---P4.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  103.6 KB

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't know if this is even still going on, but I felt like trying it out anyways.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hogwash; May 6th, 2011 at 06:53 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hogwash For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.