Art: "The Batman" Bust
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"The Batman" Bust

Hey guys, signed up years ago but never had anything to post, until today. I am having a hard time to a degree with some of it so I'm looking forward to feedback.

This is my first real sculpture with Super Sculpy, I actually started this 15 months ago as of March 5th but never got around to finishing it. I wasn't taking it seriously at first but as I went I started to, which resulted in two reboots of how I wanted the face/costume to look.

So here are a few pictures of the progress, sorry for the crap camera... unfortunately it looks much better in person then in most of the images I have so don't judge it to harshly on them.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry about the second post but for some reason I could only attach 4 images...

Now I've been working on putting a more realistic muscle/bone structure in the face. My understanding of anatomy on the level I'm looking to achieve is unfortunately lacking, but progress is coming slowly.

I wanted him to look a little more aged and weathered, which I feel he's taking on that look in the latest image, which was taken a few days ago.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ()verl)ose; March 19th, 2011 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very cool, way to stay true with a comic style look to batman. you wouldn't want to mess with him in the streets.
    Do you plan on bakin' n painting?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I wanted him to be massive like the Arkham Asylum version of Batman... I mean if this dude is going to have zero super powers but be able to hold his own he's going to be a monster. But just bake it at this point, I can't paint for shit so if I do anything it'll be simple, base layer and maybe a stone texture from spray paint or something. I'll look into what I should do later when the time comes though.
    This is really a warm up project to start getting back into sculpting, as I progress through this I see so many ways I would have done it different from the start. I want to do a full figure next, start working in layers and pieces so I'm not doing one whole thing at once as I am now. But as I said from the start, it actually was never intended to be anything when I started, I was actually drinking one night and found a box of Sculpy I never got around to using and started messing around with armatures.... 15 months later with a 14 month gap... here we are.

This project is still in a very rough state as you can see, I keep changing my mind on to many small things to progress to a finishing stage.

Oh, and thanks JonKross

Last edited by ()verl)ose; March 19th, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And that is exactly how it happens... you are just messing around one night and then....this is looking very good and yes...you must do more because you also have the talent. Sorry...you are hooked now...and this is a support group for fellow sculpture addicts.
    Good job.

Mah ' Crub

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.