Painter 8 Academic Install issues

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter 8 Academic Install issues

I have Corel Painter 8, Academic Full version. I am so anxious to use my WACOM tablet with this program I can't begin to tell you, however... When I go to install it, it begins the install wizard, but then cancels because it states that it was interrupted. I am BESIDE MYSELF. All programs have been shut down, and I have reviewed all my files and find nothing running, and I even attempted stopping services that were running in an effort to assist in whatever the problem might be... to no avail.

I have all the necessary minimum requirements, Windows XP and 192MB RAM... Can someone please offer me some advice? I tried Corel, and because it's academic, they told me that I don't get free support... (how bout that huh?).

I'll try anything, all suggestions welcome.

Thank you,
    Karl

Never be afraid to try. Amatures built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Could it be that you have a screensaver, disk sleep management or anti-virus utility which is interfering with the install?

I have not heard of your specific problem, but you could try searching Corel's Knowledge base and related newsgroups via Google. You can access all of these from my links page.

David

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thank you...

Thank you so much for replying...

Unfortunately, I've already exhausted that avenue, even to search over the whole internet for any corel/winXP compatibility issues... I've searched endless forums with no luck. I've checked corel as well as microsoft to no avail...

As far as my computer, the sleep mode is disabled, and I've checked all other software to make sure that it's not running, including the virus software. It's a freestanding computer (not connected to the internet) so it's not a virus...

Installation interupted... I don't get it... The only things that I've found remotely similar talk about problems with the msiexec file (which I know nothing about...) I had no idea this would be such a project....

Thank you for any other suggestions, I will certainly re-review all the software and make sure...

Never be afraid to try. Amatures built the ark, professionals built the titanic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The only other thing that I can think of is that the install CD is corrupted in some way. Do you have access to a friend's computer on which you could try the install, then un-install if succesful? If you get the same error message on another computer, then I would definately ask for the CD to be replaced.

David

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.